U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 02:47 PM
 
347 posts, read 227,159 times
Reputation: 404
My non-scientific opinion is that it is 50% physical and 50% partner. My husband is in his 50s, he is insatiable and never has erection issues, at least not on the first go round and 80-90% not on the second go round. But I do know with an ex he had erection issues-- she wasn't interested in sex so he had to do a lot of begging, she rejected him a lot, and I think that affects self esteem & performance. He has never taken meds for sex drive and in fact is on some BP meds that can have a side effect of lower sex drive... but it's not giving him problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Unread 07-24-2011, 03:30 PM
 
Location: South FL
9,444 posts, read 8,897,738 times
Reputation: 7849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Agree with you, for you know the answers. But in reality one does not have to switch to alternative medicine and all the "new age" stuff in order to be fit and happy though old age. All one has to do is to stay active and not to eat too much of the wrong foods. For example, my wife's grandparents lived past 90 years. They were low-scale farmers (just to feed themselves, and make enough money to pay the bills). Since they had enough money saved, and had a lot of land they had long paid for, there was little stress in their lives. Both were fit, didn't watch TV (probably didn't have any), and stayed active doing the house and farm chores from 5:00 AM until dark. Both were very happy at their farm (lived and died there).
Well, I agree with you. I actually wasn't enforcing any "new age" alternative stuff in my original post. I was talking about clean organic foods and exercise. Although in all honesty one greatly benefits from consuming antiaging herbs and green superfoods when it comes to sexual health. However, its not imperative. Also lack of stress and meditation and yoga had made a great contribution.

Ps: I WISH I knew the answers...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 03:55 PM
 
12,203 posts, read 7,057,765 times
Reputation: 4438
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Agree with you, for you know the answers. But in reality one does not have to switch to alternative medicine and all the "new age" stuff in order to be fit and happy though old age. All one has to do is to stay active and not to eat too much of the wrong foods. For example, my wife's grandparents lived past 90 years. They were low-scale farmers (just to feed themselves, and make enough money to pay the bills). Since they had enough money saved, and had a lot of land they had long paid for, there was little stress in their lives. Both were fit, didn't watch TV (probably didn't have any), and stayed active doing the house and farm chores from 5:00 AM until dark. Both were very happy at their farm (lived and died there).
RayinAK,

What do you think alternative medicine is? Its the old stuff.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 07-24-2011 at 04:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:01 PM
 
Location: South FL
9,444 posts, read 8,897,738 times
Reputation: 7849
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
RayinAK,

What do you think alternative medicine medicine is? Its the old stuff.
Bingo. It's what people had been consuming for thousands of years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:19 PM
 
12,203 posts, read 7,057,765 times
Reputation: 4438
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Bingo. It's what people had been consuming for thousands of years.
Hi max's mama,

Actually I run into medicinals all the time. I always pick mullein because I like the tea but its also used as an expectorant. I use elderberries but it also shows effectiveness against influenza. I made a tincture of it as well. I don't care for epazote, but if I had worms I'd use it like the Aztecs did. I am not surprised at all bee balm has been used as an oral anesthetic since it leaves my mouth a little numb when I chew it. I know of quite a few more even though its not my primary pursuit. Found a Ginkgo branch after a storm so I figured I'd use it for tea. That's from the Jurassic period and it is taken for ED I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:30 PM
 
Location: South FL
9,444 posts, read 8,897,738 times
Reputation: 7849
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Hi max's mama,

Actually I run into medicinals all the time. I always pick mullein because I like the tea but its also used as an expectorant. I use elderberries but it also shows effectiveness against influenza. I made a tincture of it as well. I don't care for epazote, but if I had worms I'd use it like the Aztecs did. I am not surprised at all bee balm has been used as an oral anesthetic since it leaves my mouth a little numb when I chew it. I know of quite a few more even though its not my primary pursuit. Found a Ginkgo branch after a storm so I figured I'd use it for tea. That's from the Jurassic period and it is taken for ED I think.
this is good stuff, Gwyn...k
I'm sure we can have an interesting never-ending conversation about this. I am obsessed with herbs, teas, superfoods...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:33 PM
 
18,354 posts, read 10,244,545 times
Reputation: 12278
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
this is good stuff, Gwyn...k
I'm sure we can have an interesting never-ending conversation about this. I am obsessed with herbs, teas, superfoods...
That's quite obvious. I just saw your newer pics. The whole trio is a beauty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:36 PM
 
Location: South FL
9,444 posts, read 8,897,738 times
Reputation: 7849
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's quite obvious. I just saw your newer pics. The whole trio is a beauty.
Thank you, Braunwyn....as you know, I think you are a hottie too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 04:38 PM
 
18,354 posts, read 10,244,545 times
Reputation: 12278
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Thank you, Braunwyn....as you know, I think you are a hottie too.
Thanks, MM. Sadly, I took down my whole album. Apparently, it was public for a long time (I didn't know it) and no matter how I tried to make it private, it didn't work. I lost so many great comments. I was bummed about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Unread 07-24-2011, 06:35 PM
 
16,911 posts, read 14,848,858 times
Reputation: 16119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
That's quite obvious. I just saw your newer pics. The whole trio is a beauty.
Man, I'll second that. MM, you have a beautiful family!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top