Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:45 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My question is - do the guys that want a girl that they can treat like a man want a girl that looks like a man and acts like a man? Perhaps all these guys that are blaming feminism and equal rights and equal pay for every bad thing in the world should actually be looking to date men instead of women? Otherwise - I really don't see what equal rights under the law has to do with dating and relationships. It's not about being equal to men - it's about being equal citizens. Love is about being who you are and finding someone you are compatible with. These are two such vastly different things - I don't understand why anyone would confuse them with each other.
I don't know, maybe? I don't agree with him. I was "just saying" what I think of his post means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 10:48 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anberlin View Post
I don't know, maybe? I don't agree with him. I was "just saying" what I think of his post means.
I still don't understand how someone would connect equal rights under the law with dating and love. But then again, maybe someone who has no experience dating or being in love doesn't understand dating and being in love. I wonder if a lot of these men have been poisoned by their fathers or grandfathers or other men in their lives. It doesn't really make sense for well - adjusted men to think this way.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:06 AM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
I still don't understand how someone would connect equal rights under the law with dating and love. But then again, maybe someone who has no experience dating or being in love doesn't understand dating and being in love. I wonder if a lot of these men have been poisoned by their fathers or grandfathers or other men in their lives. It doesn't really make sense for well - adjusted men to think this way.
You would think having experience in dating or being in love may have something to do with this? What if they had the experience yet still believes in this way?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:38 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,734,422 times
Quote:
I don't think they have been poisoned by others. I think they are just bitter and twisted because women don't fall at their feet and worship the ground they stand on. Somehow they believe they are superior and deserve more than what life has dealt them.

It's easy to blame others for your own mistakes and inadequacies.

It's amusing to read their hate-filled rants really. I have been a feminist since I was 16 years old. I have never ever had a shortage of male suitors and admirers. I was a popular girl at school, I was always chased by guys in my 20s and as I have become older men still flirt with me, both old and young. I know darn well my feminist views have not affected my femininity, which is always one of the big whines these other guys have about feminists, that somehow we are 'masculine' and hate men.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:08 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
I don't think they have been poisoned by others. I think they are just bitter and twisted because women don't fall at their feet and worship the ground they stand on. Somehow they believe they are superior and deserve more than what life has dealt them.

It's easy to blame others for your own mistakes and inadequacies.

It's amusing to read their hate-filled rants really. I have been a feminist since I was 16 years old. I have never ever had a shortage of male suitors and admirers. I was a popular girl at school, I was always chased by guys in my 20s and as I have become older men still flirt with me, both old and young. I know darn well my feminist views have not affected my femininity, which is always one of the big whines these other guys have about feminists, that somehow we are 'masculine' and hate men.
Okay, I guess objectively questioning and disagreeing with anything is hateful in 2011? Okay I see, I get it.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:27 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Okay, I guess objectively questioning and disagreeing with anything is hateful in 2011? Okay I see, I get it.
Have you read the posts they are refering to? Not anything I would call objective questioning.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:35 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
As a mom that is single, I am the female and male everyday. Minus the butt scratching.
You could add another person and have a threeway anytime you want.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Have you read the posts they are refering to? Not anything I would call objective questioning.
Since I'm working and lazy anyway, how about some examples?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:39 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Since I'm working and lazy anyway, how about some examples?
That makes two of us and its time for me to go home and immerse in the real world. I have read thru most of the posts on this thread as well as post from particular posters on different threads tho.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:24 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
I still don't understand how someone would connect equal rights under the law with dating and love.
I agree 100% on that. But, I completely understand the issues men have with having to pay for dates. Frankly, when I think of it, I find it to be a bit perverted. Granted, the person asking should probably pay, but the expectation some women have after several dates, after becoming somewhat intimate with a person, to be paid blows me away. Are they children? Do they really need to be taken care of? If so, I ask what the hell is wrong with them? I just can't relate. On the flip side, I find nothing wrong with a man paying for dinner. My husband, while we were dating, often picked up our drinks. He typically did so for his friends as well. He was always concerned about tipping well and he normally got discounts at the places we went because folk knew him. I always had my money out, tho, and would demand that I buy the next round.

eta: On that end, and only in this space, can I see the confused connection between the financial progress of women and the clear selfishness of demanding that a male adult treat them as no more than a child (via constant paying).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships