U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:13 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 2,898,053 times
Reputation: 2574

Advertisements

what are some of the common thoughts, feelings that you have?

Are you saddened? Dismayed? Disillusioned? Restored of your faith, robbed of it?

If you're married or over 40, as I am, do you feel for those that are trying to figure out the dating game? Or are you more often frustrated by their (sometimes) clueless-ness? What kinds of things touch you the most, and/or frustrate you the most?

Do you think that "dating" has changed so much since you were younger?

How? For the better or for the worse? And what do you attribute this to?

Reply to one or some or all or none..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:22 PM
 
Location: Blankity-blank!
11,449 posts, read 14,317,727 times
Reputation: 6904
Most of the threads are lame and need some pizz-zazz!
But it's fun to start threads and post on others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:29 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 2,898,053 times
Reputation: 2574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Most of the threads are lame and need some pizz-zazz!
But it's fun to start threads and post on others.
Do you think it's a pretty accurate demographic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:43 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 79,087,420 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
what are some of the common thoughts, feelings that you have?

Are you saddened? Dismayed? Disillusioned?
All of those. I'd add "disgusted," too. Occasionally, very occasionally, there is some ray of sunshine, but the skies are predominantly dark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:49 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 2,898,053 times
Reputation: 2574
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
All of those. I'd add "disgusted," too. Occasionally, very occasionally, there is some ray of sunshine, but the skies are predominantly dark.
I almost said "disgusted", but I'm a little nicer than you..

I am honestly touched by some that just seem so lonely and sad. I think most of us have been there. As a man, I'm sure I'm a little harder on the guys on here, but even they can touch me.

The only ones that disgust me are the ones that are dependably nasty. This usually doesn't come from the younger ones asking for help, though. This is usually from us "seasoned vets" of the wars that are supposedly trying to help.. hope you know I'm not talking about you, Sierra..

Last edited by JustJulia; 07-23-2011 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:53 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,837 posts, read 79,087,420 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Humble View Post
I almost said "disgusted", but I'm a little nicer than you..
OK.

Quote:
This is usually from us "seasoned vets" of the wars that are supposedly trying to help.. hope you know I'm not talking about you, Sierra...
What exactly is that supposed to mean? That I don't try to help or that I can't help? Oh, or is that I'm not THAT disgusting?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Katonah, NY
21,188 posts, read 21,015,988 times
Reputation: 22134
I think I would say I'm surprised a lot! I'm in my mid 30's and am married. Most of my friends are in their mid 20's to early 40's - and most of them are pretty happy, well adjusted people. Most of them are now in really good relationships - and the ones that aren't are still looking. I don't know any really bitter, jaded people in real life - perhaps it's because I'm a very bubbly, happy, silly person and I just don't attract those kind of people. I guess it surprises me to find so many bitter, angry people on here. I guess it saddens me as well. However, I have to say that I'm also happy to see that there are other happy people on here - and I love the posters with a good sense of humor!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 06:03 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 2,898,053 times
Reputation: 2574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think I would say I'm surprised a lot! I'm in my mid 30's and am married. Most of my friends are in their mid 20's to early 40's - and most of them are pretty happy, well adjusted people. Most of them are now in really good relationships - and the ones that aren't are still looking. I don't know any really bitter, jaded people in real life - perhaps it's because I'm a very bubbly, happy, silly person and I just don't attract those kind of people. I guess it surprises me to find so many bitter, angry people on here. I guess it saddens me as well. However, I have to say that I'm also happy to see that there are other happy people on here - and I love the posters with a good sense of humor!!!
Me, too, I'm surprised a lot, too. That's why I asked if people thought this was a pretty accurate demographic. I do think dating has changed for the worse though. With all our means of connecting, seems like there are much fewer connections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, Ak
1,413 posts, read 2,693,937 times
Reputation: 1353
City data tends to frustrate me, more so than other boards I belong to. Every once in a while though, I see a post that lifts me up a little, that restores my belief in empathy and healthy relationships
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2011, 06:06 PM
 
2,179 posts, read 2,898,053 times
Reputation: 2574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefetio View Post
City data tends to frustrate me, more so than other boards I belong to. Every once in a while though, I see a post that lifts me up a little, that restores my belief in empathy and healthy relationships
Very interesting.. so you're saying that this forum is especially toxic? The only one I've ever posted on, so I don't know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top