Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 AM

4,978 posts, read 9,499,339 times

Advertisements

It sounds like some gimmick someone came up with, to take advantage of desperate singles who want dates. I don't see how you can know very much about anyone in 7 minutes. Always someone out there trying to make a buck...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2008, 12:33 PM

750 posts, read 2,081,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twixcookie View Post
Whatever happened to meeting people at the grocery store, beach, church, from other friends, etc.....
Well...just try going up to a stranger in a store, and see what you get. People don't like being approached in public. I am a pretty friendly person, and I've gotten the cold shoulder even from other women, when I've tried to strike up a conversation. I guess people are afraid of someone trying to rip them off, etc.
I have never had a man just walk up to me in public and ask me out, and I think it would be odd...how could he even know, beyond just physical appearances, if he would want to go out with me?
So how would a man ask a woman out, if he knows nothing about her?
And "church" would be the last place, as 99.9% of the women there are marrieds. He could get into a lot of problems going up to women there and asking if they are married, etc....
DAMN STRAIGHT! i COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE...

I don't get it. I just think it's "their" problem. Anyone else remember when the world was saner and meeting at church, school, through friends was the norm?

Old 10-26-2008, 12:56 PM

638 posts, read 1,915,727 times
Damn... hasn't anyone watched the 40 Year Old Virgin? LOL

Gina... Amy.... and the woman w/the fake boobies falling out of her shirt LMFAO.. best movie.

Anyway.. I don't think there is anything wrong w/trying speed dating. hell use anything available to meet new singles... Nothing wrong w/that. I wouldn't do (even when I was single) because my personality would not fit in LOL... I'd get nervous...

Old 10-26-2008, 03:42 PM

75 posts, read 181,033 times
I dont think speed dating is for everyone...its for those special people who can just LOOK at you and you fall in love...well actually I dont think that is practically possible to happen...I rather would seek to know a guy more before going on date with him ...when you meet someone through e-harmony, match,bluepont, facebook - atleast you know something of the guy...may be he has put up wrong or fake profile but it is still better than speed dating where looks overrule anything!

Old 10-26-2008, 03:58 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,089,021 times
I don't think anything beats meeting one on one. I did that online dating thing and I was lucky to escape with my life. If you meet them in an area not far from you, you can meet their friends and family. I never have cared how much money they had, but being sane was at the top of the list.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:01 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,875,707 times
They should have speed dating in your undies....that way we know what we are going to get....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships