Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2011, 07:12 PM

454 posts, read 596,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
I'd hate to burst everyone's bubble... but he was really BORING. And I kept repeating to myself "dude you're killing me" the whole time he was talking about venture capitalism and investment....... And I had such high hopes. BORING.
And you were nervous for nothing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
People of the world, can you please tell me how to not be bored? How can I fall in love? Or make myself fall in love, if that is possible, with a nice decent guy like this who has a good education, is trustworthy, and has a good career?

Also what's wrong with me. because he is/was very compatible.

and the whole time he was talking I just said "mm hm mm hm" and was kind of zoning off.

Old 07-24-2011, 07:57 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,760,530 times
Quote:
People of the world, can you please tell me how to not be bored? How can I fall in love? Or make myself fall in love, if that is possible, with a nice decent guy like this who has a good education, is trustworthy, and has a good career?

and the whole time he was talking I just said "mm hm mm hm" and was kind of zoning off.
If the conversation is really that dull to you, change the subject...talk about things with him, that interest you

ETA: If this guy really is truly nice and otherwise compatible with you, at least consider giving him a chance for a second date, with you? To possibly give him a second chance perhaps, to win your heart?

Old 07-24-2011, 07:59 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:

He was probably just bloviating trying to impress you..... but if you are bored, then you're bored..... if boredom with a bunch of men happens... then you need to look inward... otherwise it could just be simply you're not a good fit.....

Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 PM

530 posts, read 779,771 times
Quote:

Well gee then, I don't know 1987. How is your reaction when a super hot chic strolls by?? Hmmmm???

Last edited by kris; 01-09-2014 at 04:52 PM..

Old 07-24-2011, 08:27 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Default If You're Nervous...

...think how he feels.

Old 07-24-2011, 08:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times
It happens. I do agree he might of been trying to impress you. And yes change the topic but do it as if you are still corresponding to his topic so he doesn't feel that you don't care. I think it's up to you to make it easygoing or fun. Mostguys can talk your ear off believe me.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:41 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,012 times
First dates can be like that sometimes. He was trying to impress you, that's what guys do when they like a girl.

Give him another chance!

Old 07-24-2011, 09:56 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,834,246 times
I know but I really hate it when a guy tries to impress me.

But yes giving things another chance.... that is, if he still wants to. I'm sure I didn't exactly come off as enthusiastic.

Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 PM

105 posts, read 287,057 times
A guy doesn't try to impress every girl, only the ones that he likes. Perhaps he saw something in you that he found attractive. And considering that he was speaking of venture capitalism, at least it sounds like he has a decent head on his shoulders. Better than the guys from the Jersey Shore, I'll tell you that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships