Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:37 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,210,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Agreed! Ive heard this primarily from younger woman. I had a gal I used to hang with say that about a mutual aquantence, she said "I just don't like the way he looks". This guy was a super nice guy, he was just heavy and wore dorky glasses. I told her she was just being judmental and she should adjust her attitude considering she had the creepiest family I had ever met!
I find it so annoying when people are rude to others just because they are not good looking. OK, so you don't want to date them, but still respect the fact that they are also people. That gal was simply wrong to put the guy down like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 04:40 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
Some backround in the spoiler....
Spoiler
I overheard a girl talking about me as a creepy guy at the supermarket today, and it's not the first time I overhear something like this... I have really good ears, and so I tend to hear people who think I'm out of hearing distance... which is good sometimes to get to know thing I otherwise wouldn't but can also be hurtful.

In this case it was a girl i met a few days ago, she was trying to push a big type of furniture up some stairs to where the elevator is, so I offered her a hand... she accepted, I did the lifting, and told her she'd gonna love it here on the campus, that the people in the building were a lot of fun etc and that maybe we'd see each other around...I think she moved in a couple of floors up... I didn't even try to hit on her or anything, and I'm not interested in her either as she's not my type...

And then at the store like I wrote above I hear someone describing "the guy in jeans and green shirt, bla bla bla, but sooo creepy" first off I was the only guy around, second off I had jeans and a green shirt, so I knew she meant me and took a quick look around and see the girl I helped with the furniture a few days back at the other side of the fruit-section. I pretended like I didn't see her and they kept talking...I walked away

And what I wrote above in the spoiler is just one of a couple of times when I've heard similar things about me being creapy, and I don't really see what I do, but a lot of women (and only women) treat me the same way, as if they are part afraid of me, and I just don't get it. I mean I'm getting treated like a town-rapist or something, while I haven't hurt anyone since I was 13 or so...

So what do you think makes a guy creepy?
And what can a guy do to not come off as creepy?
Well...

#1. They don't really know you personally.

#2. It's probably more to do with how you "look" than who you are.

#3. Pay closer attention to your hygiene.

Brush your hair, wear clean clothes, maybe green isn't your color. Don't stare at people directly in their eyeballs without blinking when they talk to you.

You know. Take it easy.

Old 07-25-2011, 05:49 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertman_AZ View Post
It is hard for us to tell. We don't know what you look like, how you talk or what type of body language you use. If you want to know the real reason, I suggest asking a close friend, or perhaps a female friend to honestly tell you what they think. If you are getting this repeatedly then there is something to it. You may not be a creepy guy, but you may be giving that vibe so start asking people who are close to you for an honest opinion.
The bolded part is exactly what I think,
Because if there is something to it, then I figure I'd better change it...

But maybe, like you suggest i'm asking in the wrong place...
But the friends I have asked have told me I'm fine... Yet I feel like there is something wrong with the picture... maybe they're polite even when asked to be straight about it, or maybe they're blind to whatever it is, I don't know...
Maybe I'm paying attention to an immature crowd... But that doesn't really fit well either I' gonna need to figure out a way to find out...

Old 07-25-2011, 07:53 PM

63 posts, read 155,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
It seems like you just helped her and chatted briefly, maybe a bit awkwardly, IDK, but that does not sound rude or creepy at all. Some people use the word creepy too often or as an euphemism for guys who are not good-looking, at least in their opinion.

QFT

1st rule to avoid sexual harrasment complaints: Be attractive

Old 07-25-2011, 09:06 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,052,382 times

Were you looking at her like that?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgatoloco View Post
QFT

1st rule to avoid sexual harrasment complaints: Be attractive
Um, he wasn't getting a sexual harassment complaint, he was called creepy by her.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:25 PM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
There's nothing to do or not do! If they like you - you're an interesting hunk; if they don't - you're a creep! It's been explained numerous times!
Yeah...that's what I thought he meant.

Does no one bother to learn to spell anymore?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:27 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

kno iye doo cnot lurn tu spele

That was actually really difficult.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:32 PM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,611 times
Why are you eavesdropping on conversations? That is kind of creepy?

Old 07-25-2011, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post

*Does anyone bother to learn to spell anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships