Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times

Advertisements

I don't have to fight..I just show my piece and that solves it..(Yes I have a CCW)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:09 PM

8,309 posts, read 38,766,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I don't have to fight..I just show my piece and that solves it..(Yes I have a CCW)
That's brandishing.

But I'm sure it works.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:18 PM

Why would I want to mess up my face or body?? Besides, I walk like bodybuilder so no one really bothers me anyways, lol

Old 07-26-2011, 03:29 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
If someone is seriously giving you enough of a problem that you brandish a CCW weapon (after repeated warnings to them to just go away) and you call the police first, I'm not exactly sure that you'd get in trouble. Besides, Ms. Himain is an attractive woman and garners more than her share of unwanted attention, I suspect.

Then again, getting my CCW permit is the one thing I have left to do.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,621,549 times
I've goten in several (proudly):

Once in the Marines, we were coming back to the barracks after doing a late night convy. Most of the people in my unit had to do it but a handful got to stay in. It was like 3 am and we were all heading back to our rooms tired and dirty. Someone in my room (not my roomate, just a bum) decide we were being too loud. Now, let me just say there were at least a dozen of us in my room and outside the halls just talking and shooting the s h i t. Well, he decides to kick me for some reason and tell me to shut up. I'm guessing because I was the smallest guy there. So of course we get into it but get broken up. The End.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:51 PM

Thanks Jordan!

New law here in FL that if you feel threatened for any reason, you are allowed to pull out your weapon to defend yourself and obviously it helps ALOT if you have a CCW to back up the fact that you are carrying something

Old 07-26-2011, 03:54 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,988,473 times
In my early 20s I had to put down my aunt's drunk husband a few times.

Other than that, no, people typically back down real quick when I start raising my voice and stand up.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:55 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,193,173 times
You're welcome. I'm sure we don't have a law like that on the books here in NM, but there may be soon. IDK, have yet to go and get take a CCW course/get licensed- my shorty .45 needs a new set of sights first, and I don't want to be the dolt that shows up with a sightless gun.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:23 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,055,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Thanks Jordan!

New law here in FL that if you feel threatened for any reason, you are allowed to pull out your weapon to defend yourself and obviously it helps ALOT if you have a CCW to back up the fact that you are carrying something
Just a heads up from someone who else lives in Florida that you need to be careful with that one. The flip side to that law is that when someone starts flashing a gun it elevates the whole game and the other person, who may also have a gun, can now make a serious case for feeling their life is in danger.

Just something to keep in mind. I always tell people here that it's a great state for concealed carry but if they're going to brandish or pull their weapon they better make sure they're prepared to use it and be on sound legal footing.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Actually, once about 15 years ago. Not a fight, but an altercation nonetheless.

I got on an elevator in the lobby of my ancient office building and this crotchety old man got on after me. Everybody hated this guy because he was really an a-hole. As the elevator door was about to close, my biz partner came through the building's front door and said, "Hold the elevator." Since elevators were incredibly slow in that building, I held the door open so that he could make the five-second walk across the lobby.

The crotchety old man said, "Close that door NOW!" and started to shove me. I got really pissed, so I shoved him all the way back across the elevator. My biz partner couldn't believe it. The old man said nothing else.

To this day I can't believe that I got in a shoving match with a 70-year-old man. The only time I've ever gotten into anything resembling a fight in my entire life. I feel bad about it, but the idiot started matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships