Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:07 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,970,545 times

Advertisements

Romance is good. Trying too hard is not.

It's the simple things really. I'm not terribly romantic myself but I do enjoy doing little things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 04:26 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,197,309 times
Yes i do enjoy some romance..doesnt have to be flowers every day and candlelight meals every day. but, Once in a while is nice. and simply just perhaps sitting together quietly on the porch looking at the stars is great.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:29 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,112,924 times
I thought that I'd be the type to really want flowers, candy, candles, poems, etc. - but I realized that I don't need any of that stuff. With my ex-fiance, I thought that one of our problems was that he wasn't romantic enough - but when I met my husband - I realized that what was missing from my previous relationship was just a feeling of security. I never felt secure or needed in my previous relationship. My husband makes it so obvious every day how much he needs and loves me - I don't need the flowers, candy, etc. My husband is not romantic at all - but he is really, really honest and sincere. The romantic things that he says from time to time mean so much to me because I know how much he really means them.

I guess to me it's the difference between a romantic feeling and romantic gestures. I can get the feeling with out the gestures.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:33 PM

19,260 posts, read 15,140,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spinx View Post
Romance is good. Trying too hard is not.

It's the simple things really. I'm not terribly romantic myself but I do enjoy doing little things.
LOL, I don't think I can trust a guy who tries that hard all the time. That's kinda sad, isn't it? (Although, they always seem to be the ones who take women for all they've got.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I thought that I'd be the type to really want flowers, candy, candles, poems, etc. - but I realized that I don't need any of that stuff. With my ex-fiance, I thought that one of our problems was that he wasn't romantic enough - but when I met my husband - I realized that what was missing from my previous relationship was just a feeling of security. I never felt secure or needed in my previous relationship. My husband makes it so obvious every day how much he needs and loves me - I don't need the flowers, candy, etc. My husband is not romantic at all - but he is really, really honest and sincere. The romantic things that he says from time to time mean so much to me because I know how much he really means them.

I guess to me it's the difference between a romantic feeling and romantic gestures. I can get the feeling with out the gestures.
That's true for me, too.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:41 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,033,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
The gestures are also sweet, but if I have to choose between the two, I'd go with your preference, too.

Old 07-26-2011, 04:57 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,037,684 times
Without Romance, it's just a friendship so for me, it's important.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

38 posts, read 71,484 times
Salutations, Brogain here. Romance is a key component in a healthy relationship. Like others have said, it doesn't have to define everything you do, but without it emotional bonding is affected. Many years ago I might have thought differently, but now I know better. I can definitely appreciate a rose left on my pillow these days.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:49 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,677,869 times
Based on the response here, we now know that romance is important to women. But I wonder if it's as important to men? And what little things can women do to inspire romantic feelings in men?

My husband is wildly romantic which I appreciate and enjoy. But I believe that he is romantic for my benefit, not his. For example, he thinks the Marvin Gaye song "Let's Get it On" is the most romantic song ever. Ha, ha!

Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,745,082 times
Extremely important...paramount!!

Love is all you need...

Old 07-26-2011, 06:24 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,389,441 times
It's important, just don't suffocate me. If you do, I may leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships