Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 02:34 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,336 times

Advertisements

Directed towards the OP..

How do you go about asking if someone lost interest? YOU don't..

If you have been texting or emailing constantly and all of a sudden they seem to drop off the map?

I do not ASK...I take it as rude and as indifferent and I do not stress but chalk it up to their loss and I move on about my merry..Should they choose to text or email 2,3,4,5, months down the road and I choose to repsond should their response be somewhat valid? I tell them...Lay it on them..... A emergency on their behalf? Does constitute one on my behalf..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 06:52 AM

79 posts, read 115,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Directed towards the OP..

How do you go about asking if someone lost interest? YOU don't..

If you have been texting or emailing constantly and all of a sudden they seem to drop off the map?

I do not ASK...I take it as rude and as indifferent and I do not stress but chalk it up to their loss and I move on about my merry..Should they choose to text or email 2,3,4,5, months down the road and I choose to repsond should their response be somewhat valid? I tell them...Lay it on them..... A emergency on their behalf? Does constitute one on my behalf..
I get your point but I think its rude if you've known this person for say six months and then bam.. nothing. If its two weeks, eh, not a big deal. I understand not wanting to hurt someone's feelings but whatever happened to being concerned? Mind you, I mean if you know the person for a length of time.. not some guy you met in the vitamin section at Walmart.. lol

Old 07-30-2011, 12:09 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,741,921 times
Unless you have only seen them once or twice, silence and avoidance are not being nice. It's being a coward. You don't have to give details for your reason, like you have really bad breath or you are annoying, but you could say that you don't see yourself with them or we are not a good enough match. If they ask why, then don't tell them more if you don't want to.

The problem with avoiding is that the person may continue to call or ask you out and wonder if you are not answering or saying you are busy because you really are busy. You're going to leave them in limbo for a week or two, which is kind of eff'ed up.

Old 07-30-2011, 12:48 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,845 times
Actions always speak louder than words. When men want out of an established relationship they usually send non verbal signals and start behaving badly. For whatever reasons men would rather act like a jerk (they become inconsiderate and selfish, they will forget birthdays and anniversaries, etc.) than verbalize their desire to end things. I believe these badly behaved men are secretly hoping their woman will buy a clue and break up with them. That's why the onus is on the women to see the signs for what they are, and do men the favor of handling the official break up.

We women are simply better equipped and experienced for handling a break up. We have so much more life experience rejecting men, refusing men, and telling men "No". After all, we've been doing it regularly since we started dating in our teens. It's easier for us.

Women need to take action as soon as men begin showing signs of wanting out. We should do them the favor of breaking up at the first signs of thoughtless, disrespectful behavior and be done with it. I had a tried and true formula that goes something like this:

* Say something nice.
* Keep it to one vague simple line "It's not working out" (never argue).
* Say something nice.
* Walk away and never look back.

Works like a charm.

Old 07-30-2011, 05:34 PM

973 posts, read 1,705,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Women need to take action as soon as men begin showing signs of wanting out. We should do them the favor of breaking up at the first signs of thoughtless, disrespectful behavior and be done with it. I had a tried and true formula that goes something like this:

* Say something nice.
* Keep it to one vague simple line "It's not working out" (never argue).
* Say something nice.
* Walk away and never look back.

Works like a charm.
I like what you wrote, EXCEPT when I broke up last week with my man I did star 1 and 2 and 4. BUT instead of saying something nice again, I told him his new fetish was disgusting and more than likely I could never make love to him again. So three out of four, ain't bad, is it???

Old 07-30-2011, 05:40 PM

It was a pretty good attempt Americamwoman54, but you know what they always say.. practice makes perfect!

Old 07-30-2011, 05:44 PM

If a man has to resort to breaking up with a woman, then I think the woman wasn't paying attention or ignoring the red flags. A woman should always break up first, in my opinion. If you wait around for the man to do it, it'll probably be after being put through a lot of suffering and emotional hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships