Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,181,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
She is saying...albeit in a creative and long winded way...that having good game doesn't guarantee you success with every woman because what might be attractive to one woman would not be as attractive.
Yea, sorry it's been long winded. I still think it's a bizarre approach to focus so much energy on being able to get a woman interested, but then having little to keep her interested. Granted, if a person suffers from some kind of social anxiety then that needs to be addressed otherwise s/he won't meet people in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 12:29 PM

221 posts, read 336,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Yea, sorry it's been long winded. I still think it's a bizarre approach to focus so much energy on being able to get a woman interested, but then having little to keep her interested. Granted, if a person suffers from some kind of social anxiety then that needs to be addressed otherwise s/he won't meet people in the first place.
Meh but I don't think Mystery even wants to attract English PHD's and scientists. Your whole "attractiveness/ intelligence" analogy is flawed. You can't compare the attractiveness of the models Mystery and Niel Strauss date to your average female scientist. I think your perceptions are skewed.

Men generally do not care about a woman's education level/ earning potential. Those are secondary and tertiary to her attractiveness. So to think there is a booming sexual market for female geniuses and professionals actually goes against the data.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Contrary to PUA belief the opposite sex is not a single entity. Garnering the qualities that make you attractive to the opposite sex rests on many, typically subjective or ill-interpreted evo-psych, assumptions that are not applicable across the board. I will agree that generic qualities that make for fine humans like confidence, which is something earned to be clear as within the realm of beauty, can be learned via effort; life style (level of fitness, diet, routine, etc). Still, folk only have so much to work with. But the prizes out there (intelligent, beautiful people) are typically reserved for other intelligent, beautiful people. Even with the existence of outliers.

Lets take mystery as an example. He's a former street performer. I know the type very well as a past street performer. He's not educated. He's not particularly intelligent. Sure, he can score, but he's confined to a specific demographic. He will never be a well bred, highly educated, attractive man. The kind of man well bred, highly educated, attractive women go for. All the game in the world will not provide that. So, as with everything, there are caveats.
Actually, the qualities that make you attractive to the opposite sex are a core set of univeral traits, and it's those freelance supportive qualities that make you especially drawn to someone. Those core traits are the same and do create attraction unanimously among the opposite sex.

Disclaimer: I never stated that there is a universal set of traits that will allow a guy to master and then be able to flirt, date, sleep or marry hot girls. All I said was this core set of traits will create attraction across the board in girls.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortimerC View Post
Meh but I don't think Mystery even wants to attract English PHD's and scientists. Your whole "attractiveness/ intelligence" analogy is flawed.
It's not my analogy. I recently ran across this article in psychology today.

"In the Wave III of Add Health, conducted in 2000-2001, respondents take an IQ test called the Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test. And then their physical attractiveness is measured objectively by an interviewer, who is unaware of their IQ test scores, on a 5-point scale (1 = Very unattractive, 2 = Unattractive, 3 = About average, 4 = Attractive, and 5 = Very attractive). The following graph shows the association between Add Health respondents’ physical attractiveness and their intelligence. The data come from a large (n = 15,197) nationally representative sample of young Americans (mean age = 22).

As you can see, there is a clear monotonic positive association between physical attractiveness and intelligence. The more physically attractive Add Health respondents are, the more intelligent they are. The mean IQ is 94.2 for those rated “very unattractive,†94.9 for those rated “unattractive,†97.1 for those rated “about average,†100.3 for those rated “attractive,†and 100.7 for those rated “very attractive.†Due partly to the large sample size, the association is highly statistically significant."

Psychology today

While the author is a bit suspect imo, the assertions are not out in left field. It's well known that attractive people tend to be more successful than unattractive people and since both intelligence and physical attractiveness are heritable, it's a reasonable argument. Further, I did not assert that intelligent people are wholly comprised of PhD's and scientists. Since only 1-2% of the population holds PhDs, the argument would render the other 98% to be unintelligent.

I'm just saying intelligence and we can add wisdom and maturity to that as well.

Quote:
You can't compare the attractiveness of the models Mystery and Niel Strauss date to your average female scientist. I think your perceptions are skewed.
I don't know of Niel Strauss, but Mystery is a dumb ass. Any model he could obtain is post Vh1, to state the obvious. Otherwise, he's stuck to picking up drunk girls in clubs. Any uneducated PUA acting as a mock anthropologist with all the evo-psych crap that he doesn't understand to begin with is a buffoon. And as I mentioned previously, he clearly notes in one of his books that he's selling his magic gimmick. That so many of you fall for gurus is mind numbing.

Quote:
Men generally do not care about a woman's education level/ earning potential. Those are secondary and tertiary to her attractiveness. So to think there is a booming sexual market for female geniuses and professionals actually goes against the data.
Again, no need for geniuses, but there are more than enough women out there that are both beautiful and intelligent. They're just not available to the likes of buffoons.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Actually, the qualities that make you attractive to the opposite sex are a core set of univeral traits, and it's those freelance supportive qualities that make you especially drawn to someone. Those core traits are the same and do create attraction unanimously among the opposite sex.
Core traits like intelligence, beauty, and success, which leads to confidence and a healthy life style (flip and repeat). Clearly, not all individuals hold those traits, hence the PUA phenomenon.

Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 PM

310 posts, read 1,356,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
In our western based society, we are so used to us men having to make sure our pick up game was on point...you couldnt be cliche, or use some corny pick up lines...you always had to be funny, interesting, edgy, "out of the box" and all that other BS that girls have placed on us...

And that was my fate for a long time...but then I was really overweight, so let's just say that I had to compensate for that by having a really interesting personality...then I finally lost a ton of weight, got into really good shape, and while I was not "God's gift to women" let's just say that I started getting girls approaching me far more often than ever...

This is where I started noticing one thing; the VAST majority of girls have no game whatsoever...girls would approach me in person, or online with lines like "you're really cute", "you're hot", "can I rub your chest?"...now if I, or most other guys ever approached a girl with lines like that, we would get either laughed at or slapped...this lack of game wasnt limited by any factor, cute girls, ugly girls, white girls, black girls, it doesnt matter. Most of you are just lame...since I was always the one pursuing in the past I never noticed this, but now I do...I'm married now so I'm out of the game but I was wondering for all you men what your thoughts were...

Girls don't need to have game. They are girls.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:27 AM

48 posts, read 84,005 times
Game to me for a woman that is, involves having a very witty personality and a bold yet tactful sense of themselves. They can illuminate a situation with much ease and are very unphased by life's little challenges. Its very rare to meet a sophisticated woman like this in her early years. Its better developed the older the lady is.

Alot of good looking girls probably never rely on personality alone anyways in their former years, so it might come as a rude shock when they no longer have that pull with men. However it seems because most women never really bother with "game" as much as men to obtain things they desire, that its a very underused element in the dating world for women.

This isn't true with all cultures though. There are alot of cultures out there that place alot of importance on humour and wit so games comes naturally for them. And the dynamism between men and women is alot more varied. I find this especially true with latin women. I known a few relatively young ladies (mid 20s and under) who could hold their own with the best of comedians, they had this natural wise charm that was crafted out of the streets almost. But one has to really get around to notice these things among the different cultures. Just saying.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:37 AM

859 posts, read 2,827,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post

This is where I started noticing one thing; the VAST majority of girls have no game whatsoever..

Girls don't need game. They have breasts But seriously... Every women out there is getting sexual offers thrown at her all day long. She doesn't need game. That's why guys have to try so hard. Women are tired of getting the same lame offers.

Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johna01374 View Post
Girls don't need game. They have breasts But seriously... Every women out there is getting sexual offers thrown at her all day long. She doesn't need game. That's why guys have to try so hard. Women are tired of getting the same lame offers.
Game is so overrated to begin with...can we please just throw the whole concept out the window, together along with the whole "the Earth is flat" routine?

Old 07-30-2011, 03:22 PM

76 posts, read 110,630 times
who needs game when you have really great breasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships