Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think that most hot guys/girls are taken when you first see them?
Yes 43 55.13%
No 26 33.33%
Maybe/I don't know 9 11.54%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 01:56 AM

845 posts, read 1,344,644 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Do you have Autism? or any disorder?

There is no such thing talking stupid. Talking to women is like talking to men.

Aer you from Cali?
I have never had another guy tell me to, "Take a hike, loser!" or "Eew..." Well, these are to the extreme and mostly in movies, but there have been times that I've seen this.

Yes, I'm a guy. Men talk about different things. I can't just walk up to a woman and ask about what's going on in the world; politics, economy, ect. Heck, it almost seems easier to say, "I make $X0000.00 a year and I work as a CAD designer." This will spark interest, right?

As for the topic, yah, I always assume they're taken. To be honest, I could really care less. Right now I work at a restaurant and I see very attractive women all the time. It's really easy to talk to them, most of the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 02:02 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,744,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
I have never had another guy tell me to, "Take a hike, loser!" or "Eew..." Well, these are to the extreme and mostly in movies, but there have been times that I've seen this.

Yes, I'm a guy. Men talk about different things. I can't just walk up to a woman and ask about what's going on in the world; politics, economy, ect. Heck, it almost seems easier to say, "I make $X0000.00 a year and I work as a CAD designer." This will spark interest, right?

As for the topic, yah, I always assume they're taken. To be honest, I could really care less. Right now I work at a restaurant and I see very attractive women all the time. It's really easy to talk to them, most of the time.
You can talk to women online though. I assume every woman is NOT taken. Its easy to talk to them at your job because you are at ease and its part of your job. The women there expect that also from you.

Businesses would not be successful if their customers thought that every item was taken/sold out.

Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 AM

23,130 posts, read 28,869,286 times
My reaction to seeing an extremely attractive man or woman is my ingrained suspicion that beauty always comes at a high price, and if they're taken, then someone was taken, or is being taken! And if they're not taken, then any number of calculators are busy trying to calculate how much is this all going to cost them in the long run!

The smart ones think: Let's see! A good friend of mine just a divorced a beauty and it's going to cost him X amount of money, over the years, and from my calculations, XXXXXXX divided by XXX, comes out to some of the most beautiful, breath-taking prostitutes I can visit over the years, and still come out a head!

Last edited by tijlover; 07-28-2011 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 07-28-2011, 07:00 AM

1,543 posts, read 2,990,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
No, he's too afraid to take a chance. It's an excuse - he complains that he can't approach girls and when one approaches him he runs in the other direction.

These things are almost always self inflicted, but it's quite interesting to see it happen in writing, right here.

She kindly gave him the opportunity to suggest meeting up, but he's too scared to even meet on a friends basis. It's sad really, especially when he then complains in multiple threads about having no luck with the ladies.
I think they are dming each other. So they will meet up for an hour of crazy sex but they are going to keep it hush hush.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Not true from my experience. There are models right now who are single. Even Jennifer Lopez is single.
Jennifer Lopez is not attractive whatsoever. I think its just guys are ready to call any woman hot in the hopes of scoring with her or because so many are already saying she is hot. When she is not. Its mob thinking at work.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh8 View Post
This is only true if you live in area with a shortage of attractive women. Like many metro areas in the US. Shortages are caused mainly by this US's high obesity rates.
Yeah, I have traveled the world and I can say that being flat like many women in Europe are is not a good thing. Its a blend of having fat, preferably muscle in the wrong areas. Except for the breasts those obviously are filled with fat. Which is a good thing, the butt being flat or fat not a good thing. Muscle makes it look really good. Flat stomach, firm thighs, legs, strong arms equals an attractive woman/man.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:22 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,563,555 times
Quote:

Aer you from Cali?
Not true..........

Old 07-28-2011, 08:09 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,683,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
I always do. I always assume that really hot guys are taken and I have no chance with them even if they were available. I guess I have this notion that the really hot guys know they're hot and can get any girl they want and are jerks about it. I know not all hot guys are jerks or players, but I just can't bring myself to really chat with them unless it's necessary.

What about you guys? Do you think very attractive men or women are taken when you see them?
I never even think about if they are dating someone or not. So I said no. I usually am looking at what they are wearing and wondering where they bought it or why they think it looks good.

Old 07-28-2011, 08:13 AM

5,779 posts, read 14,535,253 times
Quote:

Aer you from Cali?
Actually Orlando, FL

Old 07-28-2011, 08:44 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,744,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
My reaction to seeing an extremely attractive man or woman is my ingrained suspicion that beauty always comes at a high price, and if they're taken, then someone was taken, or is being taken! And if they're not taken, then any number of calculators are busy trying to calculate how much is this all going to cost them in the long run!

The smart ones think: Let's see! A good friend of mine just a divorced a beauty and it's going to cost him X amount of money, over the years, and from my calculations, XXXXXXX divided by XXX, comes out to some of the most beautiful, breath-taking prostitutes I can visit over the years, and still come out a head!
I guess its kinda like cost of total ownership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships