Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2011, 10:26 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You're too funny! Honestly - I'm trying to help. No need to be so defensive! I guess you blaming "society" for things is better than you blaming women all the time.

I just think it's funny that you can't seem to answer a question on your own - you have to bring all these other extraneous things into it. How often do you cry - it isn't that hard of a question.
Hey, you were the one who came here with the drama “Who the heck did you…?!?! Blah blah blah” I just replied how you basically agreed with what I said, yet, you came with the drama. If you agreed, was the drama necessary? Why not let it be?

Nope, not blaming women, that is why I used BOTH GENDERS so that maybe you could understand. But it seems you don’t. I had to use an example to show you how there are double-standards and one of those includes men crying compared to women crying. You still don’t seem to get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 10:53 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think someone who never cried would be creepy. I mean, I just expect normal human beings to have a normal range of emotions and expressions of those emotions.

However, it should be pretty devastating (death of dog, sick parents) or really emotionally touching (wedding, graduation) to set off waterworks...I'm not double-standarding the guys...I don't like it when women cry, either. It seems...like people like that have less control of themselves and I feel emotionally manipulated. It's hard to take them seriously after that.
My husband used to think I was trying to manipulate him by crying. In fact, it used to make him angrier with me! I think (or at least I hope) he now realizes that I just have overly active tear ducts. Even though I'm an actress - I've never been able to cry on cue. I just can't help it that I cry whenever I get angry or frustrated or sad or etc.!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:07 AM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,319 times
I cried when my best friend died.

I cried when my mother died.

I cried when my brother died.

I did not cry when the Colts lost Super Bowl XLIV.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vanderburgh View Post
I cried when my best friend died.

I cried when my mother died.

I cried when my brother died.

I did not cry when the Colts lost Super Bowl XLIV.
Sounds like your priorities are set right.

About the male crying in general... Some can be good actors. I've witnessed teary eyes and later it turned out it didn't mean a damn thing.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:29 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
My husband used to think I was trying to manipulate him by crying. In fact, it used to make him angrier with me! I think (or at least I hope) he now realizes that I just have overly active tear ducts. Even though I'm an actress - I've never been able to cry on cue. I just can't help it that I cry whenever I get angry or frustrated or sad or etc.!
I know what you mean about the overactive tear ducts. Anger makes me tear up. I don't know why, but if I get mad enough, my vision literally gets blurred.

I guess my issue with not taking people seriously if they cry often also extends to any display of extreme emotion over and over...if some jackass is always getting mad and yelling, I don't take him seriously, either.

It's like, "Control yourself. You are a grown-up."

The crying (and yelling) always seems to derail any productive conversation. That's why I don't like it.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:36 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,107,319 times
Quote:
The crying (and yelling) always seems to derail any productive conversation. That's why I don't like it.
I yelled "mother****er" several times very loudly when I blew out my first knee, but I did not cry.

Old 08-01-2011, 02:39 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
I yelled "mother****er" several times very loudly when I blew out my first knee, but I did not cry.
No...I have not cried from pain since I was a kid. And I rarely see adult patients cry from physical pain. In fact, it's so rare that when someone is crying, I suspect acting.

Which makes me think kids cry more from fear than pain.

Old 08-01-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
No...I have not cried from pain since I was a kid. And I rarely see adult patients cry from physical pain. In fact, it's so rare that when someone is crying, I suspect acting.

Which makes me think kids cry more from fear than pain.
Hm... Come to think of it - I don't usually cry from pain. I have cried before when I fell in the street in NYC. But it was more because I was frustrated at the cab driver that had honked at me for no reason, which caused me to fall in the street, and the other pedestrians that didn't offer to help me up. I think I was also having a bad day. But it wasn't from the pain. I'll tell you if I've cried from pain in a few weeks - after I've had my baby!

Old 08-01-2011, 05:05 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
When I tore ligaments in my knee, I didn't cry or curse, all I could think of was any chance I had at a scholarship was gone.

I didn't say much that night.

Old 08-01-2011, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
When I tore ligaments in my knee, I didn't cry or curse, all I could think of was any chance I had at a scholarship was gone.

I didn't say much that night.
Oh no! If you had told me - I would have done the crying for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships