Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:55 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,119,217 times

Advertisements

For a man to cry, he has to be VERY, VERY secure in his manhood. He also has to trust you, as his woman to not think less of him if he gets to that point. Once he can do that, it's a wrap. Deep down, most men don't want to look bad in front of other macho men (even though they have no relationship with them whatsoever). Braunwyn, your bro was a hella strong man to go through all that he did. That, in my opinion is the epitome of strength.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 06:00 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
For a man to cry, he has to be VERY, VERY secure in his manhood. He also has to trust you, as his woman to not think less of him if he gets to that point. Once he can do that, it's a wrap. Deep down, most men don't want to look bad in front of other macho men (even though they have no relationship with them whatsoever). Braunwyn, your bro was a hella strong man to go through all that he did. That, in my opinion is the epitome of strength.
Yea, the last time he died was the 3rd or 4th time. I almost laugh saying it. Even then, he hung on for so long. He was all heart and the strongest man I've ever known.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:09 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,067,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Well, I am sure he compensates in other areas then!
Yeah sometimes...today he is on my **** list though.

Old 07-31-2011, 06:48 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianIce View Post
My friend tells me that she's never seen her husband (of six years) cry. I was shocked when she told me that! I'd say my DH cries about once a month, depending, of course, on what else is going on.
I don't have a problem with men crying in certain situations, but once a month sounds extremely excessive.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:19 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northside904 View Post
For a man to cry, he has to be VERY, VERY secure in his manhood. He also has to trust you, as his woman to not think less of him if he gets to that point. Once he can do that, it's a wrap.
It's okay to be a rock ... not a stone.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:31 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,655,546 times
My Mom had been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer.

She was given a month or so to live. She was at a nursing facility and was being treated through hospice care. All of this was just so sudden... I found her on the floor at her house had to get her in the hospital... dealing with doctors etc... trying to get all of the of her affairs in order, getting her apartment cleanup and her stuff moved.

IDK... I never cried through out the whole thing, I suppose I was too busy trying to get through "it"

One day we were visiting her at the nursing home and we were outside, they had a nice little courtyard garden area. I was there with Mrs. Chow and all of the sudden I felt this wave go through me... it was uncontrollable, I was shaking and trembling I almost had a complete meltdown....

I had to do everything in my power not to collapse and burst out in tears....

I've never experienced anything like that in my life.....

Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,771,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

She was given a month or so to live. She was at a nursing facility and was being treated through hospice care. All of this was just so sudden... I found her on the floor at her house had to get her in the hospital... dealing with doctors etc... trying to get all of the of her affairs in order, getting her apartment cleanup and her stuff moved.

IDK... I never cried through out the whole thing, I suppose I was too busy trying to get through "it"

One day we were visiting her at the nursing home and we were outside, they had a nice little courtyard garden area. I was there with Mrs. Chow and all of the sudden I felt this wave go through me... it was uncontrollable, I was shaking and trembling I almost had a complete meltdown....

That is normal. Once you get through all that, then it hits you.

The thing is, everyone expresses emotions in different ways. Because a man doesn't cry, doesn't mean he is repressing anything. We might find other ways to express emotions. Men also process what they are feeling differently than women. It is hardwired into them from days of old. Neither way is wrong.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:41 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianIce View Post
My friend tells me that she's never seen her husband (of six years) cry. I was shocked when she told me that! I'd say my DH cries about once a month, depending, of course, on what else is going on..
Geezus. Even my wife doesn't cry that much...AND SHE'S PREGNANT.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Big hugs, chow.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:48 PM

530 posts, read 779,659 times
Nothing wrong with a guy crying. Girls think a guy crying is weak. Grown women offer their shoulder and a tissue.
Attached Images

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships