Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 08:27 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,192,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
i know i am speculating somewhat. but things typically are how they look. obviously there could be other reason, but flowers on a non birthday or holiday 99% of the time from a date. She wouldn't have bought them herself if she is allergic.
I've sent flowers to my girlfriends in the past when they've done favors for me, been there for me, etc. You could just ask her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 08:29 AM
Ep-

2,080 posts, read 4,170,141 times
you should hide in her bushes tommorow night and catch the dood thats banging your girl

Old 07-30-2011, 11:04 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ep- View Post
you should hide in her bushes tommorow night and catch the dood thats banging your girl
Hahaha.....that's so mean.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I don't think that dating someone for 3 months, then not seeing them for 3 months will go very well. It's asking a lot of someone too early on in my opinion. I did tell her that I'd be into the idea of more serious relationship when I get back, whether with her or someone else.
hmmmm I'll bet THAT went over like a lead filled condom.

Old 07-30-2011, 11:40 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,743,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Maybe she bought them herself in order to plant just that idea in your head!

lol...2 can play that game so what i'll do is make a big hickey from a vacuum cleaner

Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
hmmmm I'll bet THAT went over like a lead filled condom.

yeah, i know..poor way to word things. i didn't tell her that. i just said when i met her that i wouldn't be that into dating until that time, because i'll be leaving. but then naturally i'd be either dating her or someone else. it's just a given for anyone, unless i'm totally dateless of course.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:00 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
I'm not sure what your question is, FelixTheCat. I reread the first post and it sounds like you are asking if she should have made more of an attempt to hide the flowers from you.

If that's the question, then my answer is "No". Why should she?

Old 07-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I'm not sure what your question is, FelixTheCat. I reread the first post and it sounds like you are asking if she should have made more of an attempt to hide the flowers from you.

If that's the question, then my answer is "No". Why should she?

it would have been strange to hide them, but then she did the exact opposite, which was talk about them. why would someone even do that? the garage is used by another family too, so i could have just though that the flowers weren't hers. i don't know, maybe she wanted to make me jealous or brag about how someone likes her.

obviously it isn't cheating to see other people if you are not exclusive, but at the same time, i've never had anyone talk about stuff having to do with others they are seeing, especially if not asked. like i wouldn't say, "oh, there's the restaurant i took this woman to last night"

even if you are not exclusive, i have noticed people do not want to know details about their other dates. for example several years ago i had met two women around the same time, so i was seeing them at the same time early on. i took one to a particular restaurant. later that week the other specifically asked to go to the same restaurant as we drove by it. so we did and the stupid waiter asked about the other girl and the girl i was with got mad. even though you aren't exclusive, people most of the time don't want to know what else you've got going on.

Old 07-30-2011, 02:59 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Maybe she bought them herself in order to plant just that idea in your head!
I worked with this dysfunctional couple where the woman did just that.

It was hilarious. One Valentines day her boyfriend sent her flowers to the workplace but by the time he got there his little vase of red roses was surrounded by all kinds of bigger vases with bigger roses, all different colors. White, pink, peach.

Her friends said she was sending flowers to herself, spending a lot of her paycheck just to make him furious. Or maybe she liked his jealousy but whatever it was, it worked. He would get fuming mad seeing her get all those flowers.

Old 07-30-2011, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I worked with this dysfunctional couple where the woman did just that.

It was hilarious. One Valentines day her boyfriend sent her flowers to the workplace but by the time he got there his little vase of red roses was surrounded by all kinds of bigger vases with bigger roses, all different colors. White, pink, peach.

Her friends said she was sending flowers to herself, spending a lot of her paycheck just to make him furious. Or maybe she liked his jealousy but whatever it was, it worked. He would get fuming mad seeing her get all those flowers.

i hope someone told him.

and another 2 things i just realized seems like she is trying to make me jealous. she mentioned 2 Exs that are still sometimes interested in her. everyone knows you aren't supposed to mention stuff like that. and what's also funny is that she is making up minor stuff to get jealous about. like i started a story that went like..."this lady called me today..." she interrupted and said "to ask you out?" No, it was a customer.

we aren't fighting about such things. i mostly act like nothing when they come up. but it's kind of funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships