Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 05:43 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,571,509 times

Advertisements

24 going on 14 what it looks to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 07:19 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
24 going on 14 what it looks to me.
Yea definitely. Probably 4.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
Yea definitely. Probably 4.

You do know you're talking about yourself, right?

Old 07-31-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
You do know you're talking about yourself, right?
I hope you feel better about yourself now.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
I hope you feel better about yourself now.
Says the little girl who dump a decent guy and opened a TMI thread about how many times a man can ejaculate...ever heard of Google? A book if you don't mind picking up to read.

Oh, that's right! How can you get the right book to read when you can't figure out a great guy you're cowardly dumping for someone to give you drama!

Weellll, when I have sons in the future, I will teach them that if they get dumped by women with the brain of a teenage girl (like yourself), they shouldn't worry about it and pursue women who are worth their time and their head together.

Ciao!

Old 08-01-2011, 03:34 AM

1,589 posts, read 2,681,324 times
I don't see any benefit in taking a dating hiatus. At 24 you should be putting yourself out there and dating lots of men. Lots and lots of men! That will help you learn more about yourself and what you like and don't like in a partner. When the right guy comes along you'll be better able to recognize him. As a young woman in your 20s (never married, no kids) your demographic is considered the most highly desirable years for dating.

DON'T WASTE IT!

Just be sure to keep things casual and don't be exclusive with any one man. Keep things light and uncomplicated and don't be too eager to get tied down with one guy.

You didn't say how long you've been seeing this fellow but if there's no chemistry, there's no chemistry. Don't allow other people to tell you what you should settle for. You are too young to be thinking you have to settle.. Wait until he calls again and just tell him that you won't be seeing him anymore. I think it's okay to say that you just don't have strong feelings for him. Learning how to refuse a man gracefully is a life skill that every woman should know because you will need again and again.

Good luck and enjoy being young, single, and free as a bird!

Last edited by boodhabunny; 08-01-2011 at 03:43 AM..

Old 08-03-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Says the little girl who dump a decent guy and opened a TMI thread about how many times a man can ejaculate...ever heard of Google? A book if you don't mind picking up to read.

Oh, that's right! How can you get the right book to read when you can't figure out a great guy you're cowardly dumping for someone to give you drama!

Weellll, when I have sons in the future, I will teach them that if they get dumped by women with the brain of a teenage girl (like yourself), they shouldn't worry about it and pursue women who are worth their time and their head together.

Ciao!
I'm not sure if I should pretend to care what you think or not. It takes too much effort to even pretend. But thanks for stopping by and typing all of that out!

Old 08-03-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
I don't see any benefit in taking a dating hiatus. At 24 you should be putting yourself out there and dating lots of men. Lots and lots of men! That will help you learn more about yourself and what you like and don't like in a partner. When the right guy comes along you'll be better able to recognize him. As a young woman in your 20s (never married, no kids) your demographic is considered the most highly desirable years for dating.

DON'T WASTE IT!

Just be sure to keep things casual and don't be exclusive with any one man. Keep things light and uncomplicated and don't be too eager to get tied down with one guy.

You didn't say how long you've been seeing this fellow but if there's no chemistry, there's no chemistry. Don't allow other people to tell you what you should settle for. You are too young to be thinking you have to settle.. Wait until he calls again and just tell him that you won't be seeing him anymore. I think it's okay to say that you just don't have strong feelings for him. Learning how to refuse a man gracefully is a life skill that every woman should know because you will need again and again.

Good luck and enjoy being young, single, and free as a bird!
Thanks! Yea I am by no means exclusive at this point. I realized today I need to just be free and go with the flow. I haven't exactly dumped this guy yet but I'm just going to try to get to know him more. And if I meet someone else, I'll get to know them. I'm not tied down by any means at this point. So until or unless he asks to be exclusive, I'm not going to worry about it too much. I just want to have fun.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:36 PM

I decided to take a bubble bath while returning his call so I'd be less nervous. There was some chemistry.... and then it died. Just when I was starting to like him, he revealed something about himself that I can't come to terms with.

The End.

However I must say, bubble baths are always a great idea when you're making a phone call that might make you nervous. If it weren't for the sloshing water noise or the sound of bubbles evaporating, I'd conduct phone interviews from the bath, take any job-related calls from there.... The bubble bath is a great place to maximize the amount of time you spend your life in.

And if your date eventually works out as potential long-term material, I'm sure he/she wouldn't mind hearing that you were taking a bath the first time you called them! Is that kinky?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:33 AM

19,697 posts, read 20,221,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock1729 View Post
And I concur--not dating is really the best choice for you. I'd make your hiatus longer than 6 months, though. More like.....till you grow up.
You do realize that if everyone w/ "personal issues" stopped dating until they actually "resolved" their problems and "grew up", the world population would go completey extinct and humanity would cease to exist.

Hey! Now there's an idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships