U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 11:35 AM

4,214 posts, read 5,016,052 times

Advertisements

So this is kind of a weird situation and I might be totally over reacting but I want to get some anonymous opinions on this.

Over the weekend I had an old friend from high school come stay with me since I no longer live in our home state. The last time I saw her was about 3 years or so ago and we haven't really talked since. It was kind of odd because she had originally told me she was going to come late august and stay one night, but 2 weeks ago she informed me she was coming weds - sunday this weekend.

Anyways, I live in a studio apartment with a wall that semi divides the living space from the bedroom, but I have it set up so you have to walk through the sleeping space to enter the living room. Across from my bed is a tall dresser with my jewelry box, some little things, and a necklace stand.I went to sleep before she did because I had work in the morning.

Anyway in the middle of the night I was awakened to a commotion at the foot of my bed. I look down and my jewelry box is on the ground and everything is everywhere and the lid is completely broken off. It's a huge jewelry box too, wooden and kind of antiquey looking. I asked her what happened and she said she was sitting watching TV and it just fell a of a sudden. However nothing else on my dresser had even moved. She also said it made a huge noise, but I wasn't awakened to a falling sound I woke up to her moving around by my bed.

Whenever I brought this up the rest of the week she kind a blew it off.

Do you think she was going through my jewelry? Or was it really a weird thing that happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 11:49 AM

16,202 posts, read 8,530,606 times
Well you can believe what she said or you can believe that you have a ghost that only shows up once if she comes over and just wants to mess with your jewelery box.

Yeah your friend likes your stuff and wants it for her own. I'd check to make sure you're not missing anything from that box.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:56 AM

7,373 posts, read 7,424,424 times
Sorry, but I too think she was rifling through your jewelry.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:13 PM

9,097 posts, read 6,749,489 times
If she was actually going through your stuff, couldn't she have at least waited til you were in the shower or left for work?

Is she mental?

Old 07-31-2011, 12:14 PM

9,097 posts, read 6,749,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
..you have a ghost that only shows up once if she comes over and just wants to mess with your jewelery box.
Man I hate it when that happens...

Old 07-31-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
Man I hate it when that happens...
I kept commenting on how weird it was.

And she kind tried to push it under the rug. If that had really just been a weird occurrence and I saw it happen I would of been freaked out for life.

I think I might have my mom mail me m old ouija board from the 7th grade.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:22 PM

16,202 posts, read 8,530,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiogirl22 View Post
I kept commenting on how weird it was.

And she kind tried to push it under the rug. If that had really just been a weird occurrence and I saw it happen I would of been freaked out for life.
Whenever someone tries to ignore it or jump around the questions and accusations, chances are they were trying to do what you're accusing them of doing.

When she leaves, I'd tell her to never come back.

Old 07-31-2011, 12:25 PM

5,145 posts, read 5,645,132 times
Probably going through it out of boredom or seeking profit. I would check everything too.

occam's razor...

Old 07-31-2011, 12:28 PM

Another thing that might not be as weird but still was odd to me, is when I came home from work she had used 3 towels, after I never even told he where I kept the towels. Yet, she didn't know where the dishes where...

Old 07-31-2011, 12:30 PM

5,145 posts, read 5,645,132 times
Depends where you keep the towels...How can you not know where dishes are?
LOL

um....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships