Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:08 AM

973 posts, read 1,705,195 times

Advertisements

Just to add that beside his cultural background, I think his age plays a role in this too. From what I can gather by his profile, he is in high school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I think the young man made an honest mistake, or couldn't find a better phrase to turn at the time he was posting, and I'm one of 'them', as you put it...

I'll answer to black, african-american, colored, Negro or even 'negroid' as he put it, and not be one bit mad at him...

And if he did (call me negroid), what am I gonna do? Run grab a gun, or threaten him with a beatdown? How about I just take him aside and try to have a converstaion with him about that?

Contrary to what you may have been led to believe, we black folk don't think with one planetary brain, nor do we spring forth full-grown from our mothers' wombs, clad in red-black-and-green diapers, with a molotov cocktail in one hand and an AK-47 in the other, screaming 'kill whitey! hate whitey' all the livelong day---that crapola would be annoying, and somewhat useless and self-defeating to boot...
I was just simply stating that he is from another country and depending on who he talks to might find it offensive. You might not mind it but I hardly think you speak for all blacks. Im a white male and if ur talking about a blacks as he was just telling him to use another word its called being polite.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:17 AM

220 posts, read 595,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakefromSerbia View Post
I really don't know where to put this,so if someone wants to move it to the right place...

So anyway,i don't know why but i am simply not attracted to afro-american girls although i love their culture,people,music,everthing,so am i racist or something? I am asking this because i AM attracted to asian,indian (from Inida,not native american,although i like them also) and other girls...so what's the problem? Although i must that in my whole life i saw only 6-10 negroid persons (cause i am from Serbia,my dad told me that he knows only one negroid guy that lives here...),most of them when i was little,so...i don't know...
First off, stop referring to us as "Negroids" WTH? That kinda makes you sound racist to me...

Second, you obviously haven't been around, or seen enough african american/black girls, as you've stated you've only seen two handfuls of them your whole life. There's a whoooole lot more of us out there and we come in all different shapes, sizes, and complexions. It's a beautiful thing. I'm sure if you're around enough black girls, you'd find at least one that you'd be attracted to. Even if you don't, that wouldn't necessarily mean you're a racist. It could mean that you're just not attracted to black girls. *shrug*

Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,696,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I was just simply stating that he is from another country and depending on who he talks to might find it offensive. You might not mind it but I hardly think you speak for all blacks. Im a white male and if ur talking about a blacks as he was just telling him to use another word its called being polite.
Negroid is an anthropological term.

Since you are white, would you find the term Caucasian (another anthropological term) offensive?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:27 AM

613 posts, read 1,054,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post

Since you are white, would you find the term Caucasian (another anthropological term) offensive?
Cindy I understand that just sayin other people might not so just sayin black male/female is a better way to go. Oh and Im a white male you cant really say anything that offends us. lol jk I was refering to the chris rock skit before I get attacked

Old 08-02-2011, 08:28 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post

Also Caucasoid, depending on the anthropologist. The OP was correct in using negroid. This discussion shouldn't exist.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:37 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,054 times
How can you "dislike" something that you haven't experienced being with in the first place?

I heard about the racial tensions in Russia (Serbia is close to it, correct me of I'm wrong) against African college students years ago (could still be going on now). This is probably a troll thread just to see how many people he can get rilled up.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:40 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
How can you "dislike" something that you haven't experienced being with in the first place?
Um, you know. For example, I'm a guy and have never been "with" another guy. But I KNOW I wouldn't like it. Attraction is complex. At some level, we're probably hardwired to like a certain type of person.... and this could include race, skin color, etc.

Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 AM

220 posts, read 595,493 times
Well, sorry, I'm black and for the purpose of everyday conversation, in the US of A, I would never answer to, or wish to be referred as a "Negroid".

Granted, the OP is from a different country and he did use the term "Afro-American" in the same post. Maybe "Negroid" is the same as saying "black" to them. IDK...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:28 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,070,533 times
The term Caucasoid and Negroid are fine for Antrhopologist, to me they just sound wierd. "Yes, I an a decendant of the Caucasoid and Negroid races". See, sounds wierd!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships