Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2012, 08:49 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Can’t really find out if women get rejected the vast majority of the time if women do not ask men out the vast majority of the time.
Why not? How often women approach men compared to how often men approach women is irrelevant. Women get rejected the majority of the time they approach men. It's simple. Don't read things into it. Probably there are some women with a better score, but those would be the perfect-looking women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2012, 09:02 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,116,307 times
Quote:
I am not sure if women suck it up when they share here how they completely stopped asking men out when ONE GUY rejected them. If men thought the same way no guy would be asking any female poster out. Can’t really find out if women get rejected the vast majority of the time if women do not ask men out the vast majority of the time. We can’t deny the fact that women are still way behind when it comes to asking out. But sure, there are some women out there who have asked men out (not a husband, boyfriend, long time date, etc.). Can’t say yet that women ask men as much and as often as the other way around but we may get there someday.
It's not a race or a competition. I'm not sure why it matters so much to you if some women don't ask men out. Most of the men that I know actually prefer to be the pursuers. And there are lots of guys that get asked out all the time. And the only people that are really going to change the way things are - are men. If other men stopped asking women out - more women would start asking men out.

As for knowing if women get rejected the vast majority of the time that they actually ask someone out - knowing that percentage has nothing to do with whether or not they are the ones doing the asking the majority of the time. Did you not study percentages in school?

Old 09-11-2012, 09:38 PM

2,794 posts, read 3,673,413 times
Default I just wanted to encourage women to.....

insist they can be girl friends and not have to take no for an answer as often.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:53 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,835,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My rejection rate is probably around 98% at this point, haha. 80% would be an improvement.
No worries Jet, mine was even worse! And that was when I was in awesome shape and out on the social scene rather often. Now I don't go out as much and my girlfriend bakes me pie so those days are happily gone I wasn't a big fan of the dating scene, too much work and smoke and mirrors.

The one big thing that drastically improved my success back when I was on the prowl was realizing I was choosing all the wrong people to pursue. I'm not saying you're doing the same thing, but most often when I see people who are unsuccessful it is because of their choice of targets, not their personality or attractiveness (lord knows you have plenty of those Jet).

Not sure I'm qualified to give advice, but this is a public forum so there.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:00 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,175,480 times
[quote=strawberrykiki;25989743]I've heard so much talk of the rules of dating lately...but it's all just stupid to me. I hate games and I don't want to follow the rules. The woman should never approach the guy, she should make him chase her, be busy when he asks to hang out, wait 24 hours before she returns his call...ugh. If I was a guy and a woman asked me out I'd think wow, she is really confident to come up and approach me. The last thing I'd think is wow, she must be so desperate for dates.

Approaching people for dates would be a LOT easier if people weren't such @ssholes. If the fattest, ugliest, nastiest guy I've ever seen who reeked of BO approached me for a date I would still be polite in my rejection. Thank you for asking but I'm not interested. I can't believe all the horror stories of how rude people are in their rejection of someone. It's really sad. I always feel flattered when someone approaches me and admire their courage in asking.[/quote]

These things are so very true. Thanks for being classy and respectful, and treating people like human beings.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:01 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,835,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Did you not study percentages in school?
Right on, Dew. Each person's situation is so unique that the statistics don't matter. There are certainly men out there that get asked out all the time. If a particular individual is envious of those men, no statistic is going to keep them from figuring out how to put themselves in that same situation and achieve the same result. Who cares how many of gender A ask out gender B? Those who are dissatisfied with what they've experienced thus far should make it a point to find out exactly what they want from the dating world and make it happen.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:35 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,175,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
My rejection rate is probably around 98% at this point, haha. 80% would be an improvement.
You get rejected 98% of the time?? I saw your pic on your profile. How is that possible? You have some strange men in your town

Maybe you have some dark secret we don't know about... Are you a closet serial killer hiding bodies in your basement?

Old 09-12-2012, 10:01 AM

6,547 posts, read 7,265,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Why not? How often women approach men compared to how often men approach women is irrelevant

Not irrelevant. If we are still a long way from having women ask men out as often as men do, then how can women say they fail all the time? You cannot fail at something you don’t really try. I can’t really say I ALWAYS miss my shots when playing basketball if I have only shot the ball one time or 2 or 3. Percentage wise, if I shoot twice and miss twice, then yeah, I miss ALL my shots. But it is a bit silly to say so if I don’t really go out there and play some games instead of giving up simply because I missed one shot or two.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:14 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,580,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
No worries Jet, mine was even worse! And that was when I was in awesome shape and out on the social scene rather often. Now I don't go out as much and my girlfriend bakes me pie so those days are happily gone I wasn't a big fan of the dating scene, too much work and smoke and mirrors.

The one big thing that drastically improved my success back when I was on the prowl was realizing I was choosing all the wrong people to pursue. I'm not saying you're doing the same thing, but most often when I see people who are unsuccessful it is because of their choice of targets, not their personality or attractiveness (lord knows you have plenty of those Jet).

Not sure I'm qualified to give advice, but this is a public forum so there.
I'm not quite getting the 'choice of targets' thing, because I go after many different types of men. It's not like I'm choosing all rich men, or all tall men or anything along those lines... I generally choose fairly average, blue collar men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
You get rejected 98% of the time?? I saw your pic on your profile. How is that possible? You have some strange men in your town

Maybe you have some dark secret we don't know about... Are you a closet serial killer hiding bodies in your basement?
The picture was taken at a good angle

Not a serial killer, but I am a super tall tattooed mechanic and those aren't exactly on most men's Top Ten lists for a potential mate Add to that my surgery scars and ongoing medical problems and that usually scares guys away.

Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 PM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:

Not irrelevant. If we are still a long way from having women ask men out as often as men do, then how can women say they fail all the time? You cannot fail at something you don’t really try. I can’t really say I ALWAYS miss my shots when playing basketball if I have only shot the ball one time or 2 or 3. Percentage wise, if I shoot twice and miss twice, then yeah, I miss ALL my shots. But it is a bit silly to say so if I don’t really go out there and play some games instead of giving up simply because I missed one shot or two.
This post is unbelievable! Please see Dewdrop's post on the concept of percentages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships