Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,855,270 times

Advertisements

I have always asked them out in the past. Even my prom date. It's scary and exciting all balled into one. It boost your confidence too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2011, 12:38 PM

946 posts, read 2,918,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
It can be awkward if she asks you out and you respond with "I'm taken response"

I almost never ask anyone out that I don't know in some way. But when I have Ive gotten the "are you talking to me?" bewildered look when I have cold called. Only slightly awkward
That's another thing. I've always been afraid of approaching a guy who might be taken- how awkward and embarassing would that be.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:42 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,638,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
That's another thing. I've always been afraid of approaching a guy who might be taken- how awkward and embarassing would that be.
You never know til you try! The same goes for us men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
That's what I mean by "leaving it to the man". Meet halfway.
Well, I see, we're pretty much on the same page then

Old 08-01-2011, 12:43 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,648,778 times
You mean not all guys think girls who ask them out are desperate? That's awesome! but how do you approach a guy and aak him out without coming across as desperate. That's my problem. I want to be able to do that but not look like a desperado!

Old 08-01-2011, 12:44 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,233 times
If women are to get used to asking men out, then they better get used to getting turned down. Men learn this early and hopefully keep trying.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:45 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,612,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
APPROACH AND ASK OUT A GUY!
Not to be insulting but this sounds like virgin talk. The system works well as is.

Old 08-01-2011, 12:46 PM

5,419 posts, read 9,196,333 times
Same as guys ask girls out. Make small talk, chat for a while? if you catch him doing an activity, like playing a round of pool at a pub or something, ask if you can play. When I do stuff like that, I don't mind being talked to.

It's not like I bite... hard

Old 08-01-2011, 12:50 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
I think everyone should do what they are comfortable with. One of my girlfriends was just staying with me - and we were talking about dating. She said that she is almost always the one to do the asking. I have asked out guys on occassion - but usually they have asked me out first. If someone is really shy or just more reserved and doesn't feel comfortable asking someone out (a man or woman) - I don't think they need to feel pressured to do so. And not to generalize - but for me and many of my friends anyway - we need to get to know someone a little bit before we are interested in someone - so we aren't very likely to go up to someone at a bar and hit on them. When I was single - I pretty much only dated guys that I already knew to some extent.

Point being - I think people should do what they are comfortable with - whether it's doing the asking or being asked.

Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
You mean not all guys think girls who ask them out are desperate? That's awesome! but how do you approach a guy and aak him out without coming across as desperate. That's my problem. I want to be able to do that but not look like a desperado!

No, not at all. There's a difference between asking someone out and being desperate. Desperate is trying is clinging onto someone who's OBVIOUSLY not into and giving you the time of day, which results into being obsessed. Just simply ask him out, the worst he can do is say no in which you go on to the next! Don't worry, okay

Old 08-01-2011, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Not to be insulting but this sounds like virgin talk. The system works well as is.

ahahaha. No, I'm not a virgin if that's what you're trying to say. I've had many sexual experiences, okay. I'm just not afraid to talk about what I feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships