U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:39 PM

4,466 posts, read 5,178,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It doesn't matter so much if a site is free or not. There are smart and witty people on free sites and garbage on paid sites. You just get out what you put in.
I know, my wifester is awesome, all I'm saying is that you might have to sift through a bit more bull**** to find the gems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 05:44 PM

42,844 posts, read 54,195,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
I know, my wifester is awesome, all I'm saying is that you might have to sift through a bit more bull**** to find the gems.
Actually, I think the better ones stand out more in piles of doo doo.

Old 08-02-2011, 10:13 PM

59 posts, read 34,142 times
I never expected anything to come out of a site like okcupid, but let me tell you folks that I found my fiance on okcupid. now this wouldn't have been a big deal had I been part of the majority, however, I am an Indian guy, and there are almost zero to none Indian women on okcupid in my geographic area, however, I could find my princess over there at the most unexpected of times, not that I was only looking for an Indian woman, but I didn't find the majority of the White women(who were the majority on okcupid) responding to me, however, my cutie pie did, and I am so thankful to okcupid although the odds of someone like me finding love there were extremely small.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:04 AM

18,082 posts, read 17,319,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
I mean mine is pretty not serious.

I'm really good at: Coloring inside the lines

On a typical Friday night I am: sucking the marrow out of life.

You should message me if: you like remixes with Jamaican air horns
Yikes. Really? No wonder you don't get any responses!

Old 08-03-2011, 12:05 AM

9,400 posts, read 7,828,842 times
what pisses me off is that my profile is actually thoghtuflly filel dout and yet i don't get anything in the way of a respose

Old 08-03-2011, 12:22 AM

3,547 posts, read 3,177,658 times
Online dating is a complete waste of time. Where I live you usually see women who say they are going back to school or are still in school and they are in their mid 20s to mid 30s, usually with several kids with several men. Just leave meeting people up to fate. It's much easier.

Old 08-03-2011, 08:26 AM

42,844 posts, read 54,195,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
what pisses me off is that my profile is actually thoghtuflly filel dout and yet i don't get anything in the way of a respose
It's probably too serious. Let me (or Sifu) rewrite it and you'll have to beat the ladies off with a stick!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:00 AM

7,493 posts, read 3,256,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Yikes. Really? No wonder you don't get any responses!
Where did I say anything about not getting any responses? I'm fine getting responses, I am just commenting on the lack of unique and interesting people in the DC area.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:07 AM

2 posts, read 1,258 times
Default start feeling romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
We'd probably agree on a lot of things. But my concern isn't lack of dates, it's finding someone unique and special.

You need to start feeling romantic and see women as they want you to see them. BTW, how do you define unique and special? Maybe you should start looking at places where that woman should be

Old 08-03-2011, 09:16 AM

7,493 posts, read 3,256,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemanderson View Post
You need to start feeling romantic and see women as they want you to see them. BTW, how do you define unique and special? Maybe you should start looking at places where that woman should be
I have a very open and active personality, I cannot deal with passive personalities and normal. For example, and this is JUST an example: someone who understands what "sucking the marrow out of life" means. Everyone on here criticizing me thinks I'm trying to be funny. To a girl I could hang with, she'd know this is from my favorite movie "Dead Poet's Society."

And you're right, I probably will not find that person here in the DC area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships