U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM

42,853 posts, read 49,288,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Hah. Touché.
Eh, you may be self-righteous and judgmental, but at least you're a man enough to take a spoon of your own medicine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Status: "Sleeping Train Conductor at the wheel" (set 19 hours ago)

8,244 posts, read 3,691,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
excuse me, don't diss my mom. she did NOTHING to you. she said that i was a difficult baby. nothing wrong with that.
I believe that what you experienced could easily happen to many people. How old are you? Have you ever been on any medication? Not sure what an out for you would be, but for me I had a huge amount of positive reinforcement through family that counter acted the dread I experienced when I was younger. Today I am content or better 80% + of the time, which is ok to me.

Unread 08-04-2011, 10:12 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,758,044 times
I really liked how Cris Angel did a reading on his show once. He got the whole thing going, tent, bandanas. He then offered people free readings and they got interviewed leaving the tent. They all commented on how incredibly knowledgeable about them he was. "He really knew me", "he knew stuff he couldn't possibly have known.."

Then they got all these people back together and he came out and showed them how he had given all of them THE EXACT SAME READING! He took the reading from excerpts in that days horoscope. Using mostly positive stuff everybody wants to believe about themselves.

Unread 08-04-2011, 10:30 AM

23,490 posts, read 23,051,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eh, you may be self-righteous and judgmental, but at least you're a man enough to take a spoon of your own medicine!
Well, yeah. But aren't we all on this board, given how the whole point is to give our opinions? I mean, we only view others as self-righteous and judgmental when we disagree with them. And that's kind of the fun of it.

Unread 08-04-2011, 10:33 AM

2,412 posts, read 2,758,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MzSJP View Post

You sound like the complete opposite of a Libra, but it could mean that your scales are just unbalanced right now.

This is just like Brad on Finding Bigfoot when confronted with a human matching the size of what he thought was an 8 ft tall Bigfoot at first. Now that he's been shown the figure was actually 6 ft tall and could easily have been a man, does he admit he was wrong? No, new excuse...it must have been a juvenile Bigfoot.

Unread 08-04-2011, 11:00 AM

124 posts, read 70,761 times
I followed the zodiac signs and would always ask people what sign they were. After 09/11, my view changed significantly as far as the accuracy of predictions. For a whole year I wouldn't read anything pertaining to horoscopes. But any...

IMHO of the people who I've met

First on my list...
SCORPIOS - in their minds, they are the cats meow, everything they say is opposite of their actions. Lazy, lazy, lazy, sign. Nasty, nasty attitude..

Second....
LEOS - OMG do I need to say anything. Everything is about them. Everything in the universe.

Third...
Pisces - Crazy, distant, can be very very selfish.

Unread 08-04-2011, 11:03 AM

12,249 posts, read 7,620,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Have you ever met a person that was completely negative? Not a suicidal-type person. But a completely normal person with a normal life just personality wise ALL negative? As in never was happy, always angry with life, angry with people, never cracked a smile, never laughed, always sarcastic, very negative in speech, an expert at bringing people down and taking away their joy, just a dark and down person? And what was their zodiac? And have you met people of the same sign who were the complete opposite?
I honestly don't think zodiac signs have anything to do with a person's behavior or personality.

I mean seriously, if it did think about the repercussions.

Insurance companies would use someone's zodiac to judge how trustworthy a driver they are, or how reckless they are with living, and charge them accordingly for insurance. Also, people would try to plan their kids birth's around being born in a certain month/zodiac because it gives them an advantage.

There are turds born all year long. One zodiac sign isn't more of a turd than another.

Unread 08-04-2011, 11:15 AM

42,853 posts, read 49,288,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
But aren't we all on this board, given how the whole point is to give our opinions?
The thing is this thread stated a specific question. It wasn't asking about anybody's view of Astrology. Whoever doesn't believe in it should just pass on the thread, just like I pass on others I don't care about. If somebody asks a question on Christian dating, let's say, I won't go there to tell them they're stupid.

Unread 08-04-2011, 11:23 AM

23,490 posts, read 23,051,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The thing is this thread stated a specific question. It wasn't asking about anybody's view of Astrology. Whoever doesn't believe in it should just pass on the thread, just like I pass on others I don't care about. If somebody asks a question on Christian dating, let's say, I won't go there to tell them they're stupid.
Oh, c'mon, Sierra. Let's be honest. I've seen you wade into some threads where you didn't have a dog in the fight.

Unread 08-04-2011, 11:31 AM

1,249 posts, read 896,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I honestly don't think zodiac signs have anything to do with a person's behavior or personality.

I mean seriously, if it did think about the repercussions.

Insurance companies would use someone's zodiac to judge how trustworthy a driver they are, or how reckless they are with living, and charge them accordingly for insurance. Also, people would try to plan their kids birth's around being born in a certain month/zodiac because it gives them an advantage.

There are turds born all year long. One zodiac sign isn't more of a turd than another.
If only the parents of a Piceses had copulated a few weeks later, he would not be so selfish Never mind twins who were born on the same day by the same parents and raised in the same environment yet have different personalities. It is so much easier to believe the universe revolves around apes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships