Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 10:03 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's exactly the way it is!
So which part do you relate to... "complimentary" or "neuroses"?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
So which part do you relate to... "complimentary" or "neuroses"?!
Both.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:55 PM

2,006 posts, read 4,307,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Yeah, it is nice when you actually have options.
In any situation you'll always have options, hell you can even make options for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CArizona View Post
My Aunt always said that she married her (last) husband because he just wouldn't "go away." He "camped out" at her house every single day...In the end my Aunt got used to having him around but she never fully respected him. He was dependent on her for most everything. She was "big mama" and made all of the plans and decisions...He remained passive most of the time and didn't have much of a "self" of his own...I tried to take him aside so I'd have a chance to get to know him apart from her. I enjoyed hearing about his past and interests. But he seemed happy and content to take direction from my Aunt most of the time. This way he wouldn't have to bother making plans or decisions on his own.
Damn that's a sad story, I guess he didn't have any balls.

Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
The only time I've felt clingy (in a negative way) is when the relationship just wasn't right, and I was picking up on that and therefore trying to hold on.

It was actually always a great "heads up" that the relationship probably just wasn't for me.
Yeah, that's something I need to work on. Every time I have that intuition that something is not right, instead of walking away like I should, I tend to hold on to it to either attempt to fix it or at least find out if there really is something wrong, and I end up getting burned in the end.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Yeah, that's something I need to work on. Every time I have that intuition that something is not right, instead of walking away like I should, I tend to hold on to it to either attempt to fix it or at least find out if there really is something wrong, and I end up getting burned in the end.
I can kinda relate to that, being the sort who thinks most "obstacles" are simply a matter of being "resourceful", "creative" or "persistent" enough, to just figure out a way to go over, under, around or "through" them! And yeah, actually that works.... though not always, when occasionally you learn to appreciate the old adage, that sometimes all you can do is just "cut your losses"!

Old 08-17-2011, 09:28 AM

4,164 posts, read 6,316,466 times
My parents used to tell me: "Don't wear out your welcome!" Meaning don't "don't camp out at other people's homes and take up their time or get in their way when they have other things to do!"...This applies to non-stop phone calls or texts too...I'm not the center of everyone else's universe. I'm usually just a "bit player" in their lives. And I don't want to be viewed as a "pest" or burden or get in someone's "way."...Most people live busy lives. We're all "spread thin."...It takes time to establish a "full-blown" relationship with someone. I don't expect to move right up to the "front of the line" when I meet new people. I don't want to come on like "gangbusters" and expect and demand all of their time and attention right off the bat. This seems arrogant to me! How do you feel about it? Thanks!

Old 08-17-2011, 03:47 PM

Whether the problem is too "clingy", "distant", "anxious", "reserved", "depressed", "insecure", whatever... seems like everyone has emotional needs of some sort or other. So rather than worrying about what's "ideal" or "too much" in a partner, maybe the real problem is finding someone we can candidly communicate with and who will work with us re: their feelings, just as maybe we'll work with them re: ours. 'Cuz lord knows, we all got "issues"!

Old 08-24-2011, 07:22 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
clingy is a femine thing, unfortuneately, which is why it is easier for women

Old 08-24-2011, 07:43 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,682,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
clingy is a femine thing, unfortuneately, which is why it is easier for women
Men come on strong and are needy before getting women into bed and then the roles flip-flop and women become the clingy ones, especially if she doesn't know "where she stands".

Feeling insecure and clingy can be a symptom of having jumped into bed too soon with the wrong guy.

Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
Men come on strong and are needy before getting women into bed and then the roles flip-flop and women become the clingy ones, especially if she doesn't know "where she stands".

Feeling insecure and clingy can be a symptom of having jumped into bed too soon with the wrong guy.
well being desperate hurts men way more than it hurts women, it's okay for a woman to need or want a boyfriend to validate her existence, but it is not okay for a man to need or want a girlfriend to validate his existence
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships