Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times

Advertisements

I agree that you and your husband need to show a united front. If I were you, I would confront them with your husband, and both of you explain at least in brief that you both are very close to that couple, approving and joyful with your relationship with them and each other, and not cheating on each other.

Who knows how they will react. it could be very negative. However, it might at least reassure them that you are not cheating behind your husband's back.

Without confronitng them in a united front, however, they will either think you are being deceitful, or that your husband has blinders on.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
Sweetroll, I suggest you and your husband have a chat. If your parents are contemplating an "intervention", then he needs to be aware of that and you both need to present a united front. Someone else suggested he call your parents and tell them there is no problem in your relationship or with your friendship with others. They do not need to know more. As a swinger, there is only 1 person in my extended family who know of our swinging and that's a cousin who is also a swinger. No one else knows or needs to know. As you have seen, there is an "ick" factor with people who don't understand.
Good advice.

Quote:
Don't worry about labels - poly, doodle, swapper, swinger, it is whatever works for you and your husband. Set the record straight with your parents and make it clear to them that the matter is closed and interference from them will not be tolerated.
The one reason I can think of to care about terms is when discussing this with others in forums.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:20 PM

19,702 posts, read 20,232,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetroll View Post
Thank we will do that ..the problem is that my dh is so fed up w the drama they have caused that he feels nobody deserves an explanation of our personal lives but for us to only say we r happy n don't worry.. sucks since know my mother in law and SIS in law knows of the suspcions lol come on ppl why talk among family and not directly to us ... I would never dare to put my nose in other ppl private business and for them to think they can do that makes me mad and quiet sad

I think your parents are being really good grandparents in this situation.

They are looking out for your children's best interest at this point, and you should actually appreciate that aspect of it.

I have no idea what you should do though, lol, sorry :shrug:

Old 08-09-2011, 02:21 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,185,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D217 View Post
I think your parents are being really good grandparents in this situation.

They are looking out for your children's best interest at this point, and you should actually appreciate that aspect of it.
Even if she WAS cheating how is sticking their oar in helpful to the children?

Old 08-09-2011, 02:31 PM

2,068 posts, read 4,336,150 times
Swingers or not... really what type of people are you if you can't act like respectable adults in front of company... ie parents.

I could bring a new bf to my mothers and no one would know he was my bf aside from me telling and the fact that we may be in close proximity for most of the time we are there. I mean come on... how in the world would anyone know unless you are just overtly obvious.

You're reveling in your "new" lifestyle and probably turned on by the fact that people are suspicious.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:33 PM

4,941 posts, read 8,324,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Even if she WAS cheating how is sticking their oar in helpful to the children?
LOL..."sticking their oar in".....I haven't heard that one! I agree. Being a good grandparent is being just that, a grandparent. Unless the children are being harmed in some by way their parents lifestyle, it's really none of their business.

Your parents don't belong in your bedroom. IF they happen to bring it up, tell them things are perfectly fine between you and your husband. However, now that your behavior with the other couple has raised some eyebrows, you may want to take note and keep it a bit more PC in public. Gossips will be gossips you know!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:04 PM

2,754 posts, read 6,100,163 times
Sounds like you're sorta gettin' what you deserve, sweetcakes. What I mean is: if your parents are so convinced that you are cheating on your husband that they're threatening intervention, then you must have displayed grossly inappropriate and lascivious behavior in front of them on more than one occasion.
And if you don't have any more class or common sense than to not to do that, well, it could be time to pay the piper.
Grow up; try to learn something form this.

Last edited by DrummerBoy; 08-09-2011 at 03:20 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 03:09 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
You two need to fess up and be prepared for the consequences.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:47 PM

3,059 posts, read 8,282,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetroll View Post
... I was expecting a lot of nasty comments about what we were doing n I want to thank u all for being so respectful and offering ur best advice.
Yeah I think you were - in fact I think you were looking forward to some controversy. Why don't you ask the question on swinger sites where everyone is into "the lifestyle".

Old 08-09-2011, 04:03 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,691,178 times
Closed at OP request.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships