Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:51 AM

13 posts, read 24,089 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are exclusive with another couple. Our family saw us interact with this couple and now they think I might be cheating on my husband but I am not. They didn't see anything as far as touching but closeness and friendliness towards them. How do I explain them we are happy and that I am not cheating. It hurts that they think the worst since I have never done anything for them to think bad about me. Please help me how do I let them know to stay out of my business. I feel terrible for having these people thinking I'm taking my husband for granted when I am not. When in fact we are very happy together.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-10-2011 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: edited by OP due to concerns

Old 08-09-2011, 11:56 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,645,414 times
I don't understand how you got into the swinger "lifestyle" without considering that this would probably happen, and figuring out how to react. Why don't you just tell them the truth? You are a grown woman, why can't you stand up for the choices you have made in your adult life?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:58 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,541,384 times
I agree. Just go ahead and tell them the truth. Swinging isn't such a bad thing afterall.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:01 PM

3,993 posts, read 8,905,568 times
Are you ashamed to be swingers ?

If not, tell the truth, if you're happy, it's other folks' problem.

If you are ashamed, then you have a problem.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,597,183 times
"Forsaking all others" means you turn away from your parents and extended family to be with your husband. You don't have to cut people out of your lives, but if they are trying to break up your marriage, that is what you do. You can tell them or not, but in either case you can tell them plainly that everything is fine and to mind their own business. It would be helpful if your husband was there at the time to present a united front.

You should also be careful about how you interact with your friends. If your parents suspect, what about your kids? Your neighbors?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 PM

I'm not ashamed but i know they would never understand. They are the kind of parents that will worry and worry about me and the kids... The only thing they saw was him driving me to meeting them after having lunch w his wife.. just that was unacceptable. I think its ridiculous for someone to be accused of cheating just bc u were in a car w a man.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:17 PM

14,294 posts, read 13,145,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetroll View Post
My husband and I are exclusive with another couple. Our family saw us interact with this couple and now they think I might be cheating on my husband but I am not. They didn't see anything as far as touching but closeness and friendliness towards them. How do I explain them we are happy and that I am not cheating. It hurts that they think the worst since I have never done anything for them to think bad about me. Please help me how do I let them know to stay out of my business. I feel terrible for having these people thinking I'm taking my husband for granted when I am not. When in fact we are very happy together.
They are overacting and talking about taking my kids away if we don't stay in line.
On what legal grounds do they think they have the power to take your children?

Personally I think your parents are being meddling busy bodies. You should sit them down and tell them you don't appreciate them accusing you. That they can mind their own Ps and Qs and that they are not welcome in your sex life.

Last edited by Keeper; 08-10-2011 at 05:46 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 12:18 PM

77,920 posts, read 60,091,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetroll View Post
I'm not ashamed but i know they would never understand. They are the kind of parents that will worry and worry about me and the kids... The only thing they saw was him driving me to meeting them after having lunch w his wife.. just that was unacceptable. I think its ridiculous for someone to be accused of cheating just bc u were in a car w a man.
And yet in your earlier post you mentioned them seeing you interact with him etc. so we know it's not JUST that.

Not to mention that they might be hearing things from friends etc. if you live in any sort of smaller town etc. Gee, we saw your daughter leaving John Smiths house at 4AM etc.

Since you can't tell them the truth then you guys need to be a lot smarter and more discrete about your future interactions. Your parents probably aren't stupid, most people when they get a bit older can tell from interactions etc. if you are intimate with another person and you obviously haven't fooled anyone.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:26 PM

They live 10 hrs away.. we don't have family here and no one they can talk to. They came to visit for a week. Met him in a parking lot than later that week once!

Old 08-09-2011, 12:29 PM

I just wish they wouldn't worry they think my hub will find out and take kids away from me if I dont get my act together ... They said I'm killing them w so much worry etc.. husband is very supportive and told me to just ignore them since we r ok as a couple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.