Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 02:23 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times

Advertisements

Nothing unless you make it that way (or let someone else). I'm doing fine without either sex or a relationship (not that I've had that so I can't speak for those of you that have). Focus on your hobbies and improving yourself. I promise you that is better than living for someone else (not that everybody in relationships does that, I'm just saying, some do).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 02:53 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,122,289 times
Sex, love, etc is just a piece of the equation in a healthy life. Just like food, vacations, family, nature, etc. A little bit of everything is fulfilling and healthy. Some people need one aspect more than others.... but generally it's the whole that keeps us well. You have to keep in mind that we're hardwired to require sex to be healthy.

Personally, I could not imagine life without sex. Just sharing an experience with someone that puts you in the most carefree mindset is incredible. Plus, it's better when someone else is doing the work for you.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:53 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
Many people assume that if you've been single or haven't had sex in a long time, there's something wrong with you; especially if you're a man. Women don't get labeled as a loser like guys do in this scenario.
Eh, you'd be surprised. You know the term 'spinster'? Or 'crazy cat lady'? I think women can be single/in a dry spell for longer before people start judging, but they end up being cast as weirdos anyway.

Old 08-16-2011, 11:51 PM

7 posts, read 9,108 times
ME TOO i never have been sex or relationships.I am m 26 ?

Old 08-17-2011, 02:08 AM

6,538 posts, read 12,032,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Eh, you'd be surprised. You know the term 'spinster'? Or 'crazy cat lady'? I think women can be single/in a dry spell for longer before people start judging, but they end up being cast as weirdos anyway.
The difference with women is that the reason why they end up single and alone for a long time is mostly because they brought it on themselves. They are too picky in the men they choose. They are attracted to jerks that treat them like garbage and hurt them, and they push away the nice guys who would be potentially good boyfriends/husbands.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:19 PM

180 posts, read 408,817 times
sex drives are different for everyone.

i'm someone that needs it more often... i recently went for about a month without any and, yeah, it was hard to deal with (pun intended?)

masturbation is not even close to the real thing.

i'm currently on about a two week drought.... it's a bit easier to deal with now than it was a few months ago but it's still an issue. there are very few things more important than a healthy sex life to me.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:29 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,386,514 times
Quote:
sex is NOTHING. it's like everybody puts a huge importance towards sex and love and all that stuff when it's not even that serious.
Anyone who thinks that "sex is nothing" has in all probability never had good sex or never been in love. Sex is serious and love is extremely serious. I can't imagine going through life never having loved someone or been loved. It must be a very lonely and meaningless existence.

Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses61 View Post
It must be a very lonely and meaningless existence.
hyperbole like this doesn't help
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships