Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 06:50 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Maybe he simply doesn't fit in in this country. It's not like he's blaming the women here for his faults geez give the poor guy a break.
I was giving him a break. I was nice about it. He's basically saying there's something wrong with every single woman in the U.S. that makes her undatable. That seems unlikely (at best) to me. It doesn't to you?

I didn't say he was blaming the women of CD specifically, though...what gave you that idea?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 06:55 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I was giving him a break. I was nice about it. He's basically saying there's something wrong with every single woman in the U.S. that makes her undatable. That seems unlikely (at best) to me. It doesn't to you?

I didn't say he was blaming the women of CD specifically, though...what gave you that idea?
You just basically said he's putting all of the blame on American women right there. I didn't here him say anything like this at all. You seem to be saying it for him. If he doesn't fit in here in the states he doesn't fit in.

Old 08-17-2011, 03:35 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,032,561 times
Ok JerZ and Ro2113. First of all, in this case its a British woman, not American although they are culturally not too different. However, I agree that I did have trouble fitting in with the American way of life, as I was and still am considered a nerd by their standards. I don't know if you guys know that I actually was living in Japan for 3 years until earlier this year, so I already know about the dating scene over there. I'm also half-Japanese myself (another reason why I'm a nerd, since all Asians are nerds in the States stereotypically speaking) and can speak the language, so that helped over there. So it's not like I just have a dream or image of Japanese women and I want to buy a plane ticket over there. I have many reasons to return there besides the women, that's the least of my problems. Anyhow, Japanese women liked me because by their standards, I was masculine compared to most Japanese men. They also don't mind the nerdy Americans (it is anime and video game culture over there). Also the female-to-male ratio was pretty good, especially those who only like American/Western men since there was so few of us to choose from and so many of them, so we had options. Europe (at least Western Europe) is more like the States, and I've always had bad luck with white women for some reason. They seem to be spoiled and think highly of themselves. But I would love to have some European women while I'm here.

So the point I'm trying to make is there is nothing wrong with me. I just fit in better with certain cultures better than others. Japan seems to suit me more than anywhere else, so why would I want to live anywhere else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships