Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:14 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Beer View Post
"It's what's on the inside that counts!"

From a fat girl (of course). Pretending looks don't matter is just asking for trouble.
This. Unfortunately it's true. But that being said, there are guys who in fact like big girls because there's "more cushion for the pushin" lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 05:47 PM

3,485 posts, read 7,308,235 times
"This is what happens to virgins -- they get HIV." (after watching the movie Kids)

Old 08-10-2011, 06:07 PM

1,431 posts, read 2,479,708 times
"The inside counts for all." (Mom) Reality: A 6-pack and a winning smile will win more attention than a (hidden) heart of gold. No one sees a good heart at first glance, but they notice a well-kept façade.

"Not till you're married." Family in general (Catholic). Reality: Living from ages 15-30 as a retarded (in a sense) virgin will not help. In New York, marriage, happens around 30...not 21.

"Treat her like a Queen." ~Women in the family. Reality: It's a Beta tactic to make yourself an option while prioritizing others, be they friends or significant others. Treat them as equals, but never lose sight of your own self-interest.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:06 AM

287 posts, read 326,830 times
Not really advice, but it was from my mother. I was on my way out the door to pick up my date for the prom, my junior year of high school. Mom pulled me aside and said "Here. Be careful" and slipped something in my pocket. I thought is was money. I got out to the car, reached in my pocket and pulled out a condom- with cherry-flavored edible gel. I still tease her about that to this day.

Old 06-08-2015, 05:22 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,917,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
My mom gave the same advice to my brother who is in a pretty long (1+ years) relationship. The reason being that she's his first girlfriend and he's still very young, so she wants to see him get to know other girls and date around before settling down with one girl. I actually agree with her advice. I think it makes for stronger, more committed relationships later on.
I have always hated this advice. If your first relationship is good then what is wrong with not wanting to be in the cesspool that we call the dating world.

Old 06-08-2015, 07:39 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
He's a real nice guy......from every friend....

Old 06-08-2015, 07:48 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Stick to your own kind

Old 06-08-2015, 08:14 PM

609 posts, read 615,244 times
My mom told me that I let guys use me because they are not buying me gifts and spending thousands of dollars on me and effectively ****-shamed me. We have very very different outlooks on love.
I'm looking for a soulmate and partner not someone that will worship the ground I walk on but who I have no feelings for.
She also told me to not date attractive men, because they will cheat one me. Well excuse me but I'm attractive as well and I think I deserve someone on my level, if I so wish.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:32 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
Mmm...a close friend told me that the better my lady treats me, the worse I should treat her. " Treat her mean, and keep her keen". was the exact quote. In the case of my ex wife, I probably should have been a lot more hardcore, but I don't have that kind of ...disrespect..he's talking about in me. And now, in my new relationship, I've found someone who genuianally appreciates my kind and softer side. I'm glad I didn't lose that.

Old 06-08-2015, 08:42 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Mmm...a close friend told me that the better my lady treats me, the worse I should treat her. " Treat her mean, and keep her keen". was the exact quote. In the case of my ex wife, I probably should have been a lot more hardcore, but I don't have that kind of ...disrespect..he's talking about in me. And now, in my new relationship, I've found someone who genuianally appreciates my kind and softer side. I'm glad I didn't lose that.
Your friend sounds horrible
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships