Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 07:35 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,582,256 times

Advertisements

I think a lot of us have seen 100 threads where people are told "don't worry you're still young it will come" etc
and this seems to be said no matter what age the person is until they hit 40.

This is said even for those who are past 25 even though the average human have started their process of actually dieing(passing physical peak) at this point.

So at what age do you think a person Should have at least a little experience or have had a relationship etc? We' are talking normal case person here, not the "IF this/that"-scenarios.

When would you say it's time to start looking around, or when do you think it should become a concern to pay attention to?

I'm trying to make this a more general thread to skip the personal chit-chat about how much and where I go out, work out/lose weight, join social groups, to improve myself, build confidence, wait for better times and [insert other standard CD-advice].
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 08:54 AM

58 posts, read 150,194 times
The best time to enter into a serious relationship is when you are ready and want one. Only you know when that is, and it has no "number".

Old 08-14-2011, 09:07 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Part of me wants to say mid-20s, part of me wants to say it doesn't matter. I think every person is different, and I think these ridiculous "well you OUGHT to have had a relationship/sex/threesome/wild orgy by X age" statements are one of the many things deteriorating society.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:28 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,791,405 times
One should be wary of putting restraints, rules and lines on life. Nothing matters unless we make it matter.
Love can forgive anything.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:01 AM

1,351 posts, read 2,900,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Nothing matters unless we make it matter.
yep, when it comes to dating, this is the creed to live by...

Old 08-14-2011, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganLady View Post
The best time to enter into a serious relationship is when you are ready and want one. Only you know when that is, and it has no "number".
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Part of me wants to say mid-20s, part of me wants to say it doesn't matter. I think every person is different, and I think these ridiculous "well you OUGHT to have had a relationship/sex/threesome/wild orgy by X age" statements are one of the many things deteriorating society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
One should be wary of putting restraints, rules and lines on life. Nothing matters unless we make it matter.
Love can forgive anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysianEagle View Post
yep, when it comes to dating, this is the creed to live by...
So when a guy is 96 years old, and have never had a date, even though he has desired women since he was 15 nothing is wrong?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:45 AM

58 posts, read 150,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
So when a guy is 96 years old, and have never had a date, even though he has desired women since he was 15 nothing is wrong?
Correct. It is not everyone's path in life to pair with another.

Old 08-14-2011, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaganLady View Post
Correct. It is not everyone's path in life to pair with another.
How is that not a miserable life-failure?

Old 08-14-2011, 10:52 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,687,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedishViking View Post
How is that not a miserable life-failure?
Well who is the man? Did he consciously choose to spurn love in favor of other pursuits? Was he born with some sort of deformity that turned most people away from him? Or was he really just always an ******* that pushed people away from him? You can't come up with a simplistic example like a "96 year old guy who's never had a date." It's gotta be bigger, holistic.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Well who is the man? Did he consciously choose to spurn love in favor of other pursuits? Was he born with some sort of deformity that turned most people away from him? Or was he really just always an ******* that pushed people away from him? You can't come up with a simplistic example like a "96 year old guy who's never had a date." It's gotta be bigger, holistic.
A dude who is 96 years old, had a normal day job, looked average, averagely polite, with average family backround, with the same animalistic desire to F!!! somebody as every other guy in history of mankind.

How could he conciously chose to spurn love if he had desired women since he was 15? gees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships