Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:25 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times

Advertisements

A) Being with many woman sexually throughout your life, many highly attractive. Seldom commiting to any of them, but always having them at your beck and call.

B) Being with one woman your entire adult life. Like any relationship you have your ups and downs. Sex life gets less and less as you age. Starts out a few times a week. 5 years later its once a week. 10 years later its once a month and continues to get less and less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 07:29 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
A) Being with many woman sexually throughout your life, many highly attractive. Seldom commiting to any of them, but always having them at your beck and call.
The problem is this choice is not feasible as most people (not only men) can't really do that their entire lives, unless they're millionaires.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:33 AM

859 posts, read 2,828,156 times
The answers you get you be very interesting and I'm going to guess that the answers are going to be divided by age. I know when I was 25 I would pick "A" without any further thought. Now at age 36 I will tell you that option "b" is a better choice for me. in my late 20's I grew tired of all the BS involved in dating. I started looking for that one person that I would spend the rest of my life with and I believe I found her. We've been together 6 yrs and it keeps getting better everyday. As for the sex life thing. It only diminishes if you let it. I can tell you that after 6 yrs we're still like teenagers.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:35 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
The problem is this choice is not feasible as most people (not only men) can't really do that their entire lives, unless they're millionaires.
Maybe so, but for the purposes of this thread, feasibility isn't important.
Is about choosing which one you want if both are feasible.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:45 AM

3,337 posts, read 7,118,057 times
B. As we get older, the misses and I may realize that we can bone once a month and still make each other holler.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:46 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
Wow, you have a warped perspective of relationships, or you're deliberately making option B unappealing! Let's keep A and modify B:

B) Being with one woman your entire adult life. Like any relationship you have your ups and downs, but mostly ups. Sex life gets a little less as you age but remains fantastic. Starts out several times daily. 5 years later its down to twice daily. 10 years later its only about ten-plus times a week and holding. Maybe it will drop a little more after 15 or 20 years.

I would choose B (which is a REAL scenario!). Or, I might choose B PLUS A - love and stability, plus occasional variety (why not think outside the box?). As long as the wife is supportive of B, of course!

Old 08-16-2011, 07:47 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,378,669 times
As usual, this poll is presenting two extremes with option "B" being extremely unappealing to most men I imagine...oh wait, option "A" sounds extremely itchy.

Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,688,214 times
Too few details. Am I happy in option B? I don't really like either option lol. Why not one woman but you have quite a bit of sex? Option A would leave me empty inside, Option B would probably leave me wanting more sex.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:19 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,467,776 times
Wow, what a nice non biased question.

A) would you rather write me a check for $20

B) be slowly tortured by chemically strong monkeys over the course of a month?

Old 08-16-2011, 08:39 AM

936 posts, read 2,060,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post

B) Being with one woman your entire adult life. Like any relationship you have your ups and downs. Sex life gets less and less as you age. Starts out a few times a week. 5 years later its once a week. 10 years later its once a month and continues to get less and less.
Only once a month starting in age 33?

You've left out some assumptions here. Is the sex equally good? Is the sex equally wild? Are kids in the picture(s)?

In this highly artificial scenario, all else assumed equal, personally, I'd prefer B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Wow, what a nice non biased question.

A) would you rather write me a check for $20

B) be slowly tortured by chemically strong monkeys over the course of a month?
Now THAT was funny! Had to rep you for that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships