Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 11:47 AM

31,029 posts, read 22,064,322 times

Advertisements

I’ve ran into this a little more often recently. I'll typically meet someone who is actively dating which is fine with me. I'm actively dating too. What seems to happen is a woman who I am seeing seems to think that it is appropriate for her to continue dating multiple guys but frowns and gets upset that I am dating other woman. Of course her friends who I know also frown on me if they see me out, but are understanding of her wanting to date multiple men.

I'm a firm believer in fair play and treating woman and men the same (within reason) so this drives crazy. Is this a double standard or is this just human dating behavior with no gender bias: "I want the world but you can't have it too!".

Last edited by LS Jaun; 08-16-2011 at 12:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 11:56 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
Yes, it's a double standard of sorts but on an individual level, not gender-specific. Many men seem to have that attitude as well. I think it's more of an individual blindness which prevents someone from seeing how their behavior is the same as a behavior they dislike in someone else. I wouldn't worry about it, and keep on doing what works for you. Eventually, you'll find someone who is a mutual match, and you'll gravitate to each other. I always felt that if someone didn't like my approach, they'd move on and I'd end up with someone more suitable, anyway.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:00 PM

1,833 posts, read 2,509,228 times
It's definitely hypocritical, but it's on an individual basis, not a gender basis. Personally, I say avoid multi-dating in general. You'll avoid a lot of potential drama.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakaFlocka View Post
It's definitely hypocritical, but it's on an individual basis, not a gender basis. Personally, I say avoid multi-dating in general. You'll avoid a lot of potential drama.
This topic is about people who multi date. Wouldn't be a topic other wise?

Old 08-16-2011, 12:28 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,283,158 times
It's fair play as long as you're honest and upfront about your other relationships.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:00 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
As long as you guys are not promising each other eternal love, why not date around?

Old 08-16-2011, 01:13 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I’ve ran into this a little more often recently. I'll typically meet someone who is actively dating which is fine with me. I'm actively dating too. What seems to happen is a woman who I am seeing seems to think that it is appropriate for her to continue dating multiple guys but frowns and gets upset that I am dating other woman. Of course her friends who I know also frown on me if they see me out, but are understanding of her wanting to date multiple men.

I'm a firm believer in fair play and treating woman and men the same (within reason) so this drives crazy. Is this a double standard or is this just human dating behavior with no gender bias: "I want the world but you can't have it too!".
Of course it's unfair of her.

But usually it's guy who expects the woman to be faithful while they fool around... (espesially if they are having an affair: they get to sleep with their wife AND with the mistres... but if the mistress has someone else, they don't like that)

Old 08-16-2011, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayLight1555 View Post
Of course it's unfair of her.

But usually it's guy who expects the woman to be faithful while they fool around... (espesially if they are having an affair: they get to sleep with their wife AND with the mistres... but if the mistress has someone else, they don't like that)
Off topic. I'm talking about single men and woman.

In this case it's going into a relationship with open eyes and then one person deciding the rules have changed with out discussion.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:26 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post

If neither one of you are sworn to marry the other as in "engaged" so it's open season on dating whoever you want.

Until either of you are exclusively dating EACH OTHER they can turn their noses up however high they want.

It's not their business anyhow, it's only between you and the person you're dating.

Why should it drive you crazy? You can't and don't control other people's feelings or behavior. Ignore it.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:27 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
I do think it's odd that someone would object to his or her date having other dates, if he or she were dating other people.

(Got all that? )

That said, I don't think anybody should feel pushed into a corner to be exclusive after just a date or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships