Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2011, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 991 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, been lurking around this forum for awhile. First time posting... go easy on me...

Anyway onto my dilemma...

I met a girl online who lives in NYC (I live in NJ - about 20 minute bus ride away) and we hung out for the first time a week ago. I thought everything went really well, we walked around the city for a little, got something to eat, and then went back to apartment cause I had to go to the bathroom. We hung out in her apartment for awhile (her roommate was out), watched some youtube videos and eventually started making out. She kept stopping and laughing and when I asked her what was so funny she just said "you're really sweet". We left her apartment and went to a park near her for a little and just sat there watching everyone, it was enjoyable. I had to catch a bus so she came with my through the subway all the way up to my bus terminal and we kissed goodbye.

I've been trying to text her for the past few days and sometimes she answers and sometimes she doesn't. This past Sunday I texted her with "hey, how's your weekend going" and then I got a text back from here that was a picture of her dog and a caption that said "meet moose!" (the name of her dog) I sent something witty back and then she didn't answer. So I sent her another 1 that said "are you getting my texts =\?" (I sent her a couple texts a few days ago that she didn't answer either) And she said that the last one she got was from when I was on the bus. She then apologized and said you know how ****ty my phone is! (It really is though, the thing was barely holding together when I saw it) So we texted back and fourth for maybe 3 texts in which she told me that she was going to get a new phone the next day and then after 1 text she didn't answer so I sent another 1 that said "well hope the rest of your time with your family is nice! When you get back would you want to hang out with me again?" Got no answer. And then after that I sent another 1 that said "Hopefully you're getting these..." No answer. And then yesterday, which was the day she was supposed to get her new phone I texted her "How's your new phone treating you?" No answer.

Now the question I've been beating myself up over the past few days is whether or not she is really "not" getting these texts. She seemed really nice when I met her, and honestly, I thought she was into me. I'm thinking about calling her in a few days and leaving a voicemail if she doesn't answer that says something along the lines of ""hey... I've been trying to text you but I'm not sure if you're getting them... Anyway, when you get this could you call me back? Okay bye"

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 PM

936 posts, read 2,061,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchitBend View Post
Hey everyone, been lurking around this forum for awhile. First time posting... go easy on me...

I met a girl online who lives in NYC (I live in NJ - about 20 minute bus ride away) and we hung out for the first time a week ago. I thought everything went really well, we walked around the city for a little, got something to eat, and then went back to apartment cause I had to go to the bathroom. We hung out in her apartment for awhile (her roommate was out), watched some youtube videos and eventually started making out. She kept stopping and laughing and when I asked her what was so funny she just said "you're really sweet". We left her apartment and went to a park near her for a little and just sat there watching everyone, it was enjoyable. I had to catch a bus so she came with my through the subway all the way up to my bus terminal and we kissed goodbye.

I've been trying to text her for the past few days and sometimes she answers and sometimes she doesn't. This past Sunday I texted her with "hey, how's your weekend going" and then I got a text back from here that was a picture of her dog and a caption that said "meet moose!" (the name of her dog) I sent something witty back and then she didn't answer. So I sent her another 1 that said "are you getting my texts =\?" (I sent her a couple texts a few days ago that she didn't answer either) And she said that the last one she got was from when I was on the bus. She then apologized and said you know how ****ty my phone is! (It really is though, the thing was barely holding together when I saw it) So we texted back and fourth for maybe 3 texts in which she told me that she was going to get a new phone the next day and then after 1 text she didn't answer so I sent another 1 that said "well hope the rest of your time with your family is nice! When you get back would you want to hang out with me again?" Got no answer. And then after that I sent another 1 that said "Hopefully you're getting these..." No answer. And then yesterday, which was the day she was supposed to get her new phone I texted her "How's your new phone treating you?" No answer.

Now the question I've been beating myself up over the past few days is whether or not she is really "not" getting these texts. She seemed really nice when I met her, and honestly, I thought she was into me. I'm thinking about calling her in a few days and leaving a voicemail if she doesn't answer that says something along the lines of ""hey... I've been trying to text you but I'm not sure if you're getting them... Anyway, when you get this could you call me back? Okay bye"

She's getting your texts.

She's ignoring them.

She's not into you.

Let her go.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 PM

1,589 posts, read 2,134,329 times
Quote:

her stopping while you made out and saying "you are really sweet" sounds suspicious to me (like when the girls say: "you are a very nice guy, but"....

she could also not have gotten her phone

but either way, it's hard to say, you would probably try to persist for a while, and then give up if nothing happens

Old 08-16-2011, 02:03 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Why not try to call her instead of just texting? Maybe you'll get more answers that way.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
You're texting way too much. She's uncomfortable.

Old 08-16-2011, 02:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,450,941 times
Quote:

Wow. You are "thinking" about CALLING her?

You should have been calling her on the phone since after your first date.

How impersonal after a great date to get text messages. You kissed her and got really up close and personal with her on the date, then you send a flurry of TEXT MESSAGES!

In my book that's a major mistake there.

You're going to let technology get in the way and misinterpret and misread and misjudge the silences from her because she's not "getting your texts" cause her phone is crappy.

Wow. Lazy dating in the 21st century.

Blahh Booo! Stop texting her and pick up the telephone.

You lazy daters would be better off with a robot thingy that you hook up to a computer and talk to than a real live person!

http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...e-with-a-robot

Old 08-16-2011, 02:51 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,278 times
Call dont text. Texts should be for "Running a bit late," type messages. Converse with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships