Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 07:39 PM

429 posts, read 1,146,780 times

Advertisements

Just remind yourself that being alone is far better than being with the wrong person. And, the truth is, a lot of us will spend our final years alone. That's the down side of taking really good care of your health! So, focus on making a lot of platonic friends while you have the time, before Prince Charming comes along to distract you.

And it's not a bad idea to visit online message boards when you just want to vent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 07:40 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,437,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
ya...its starting to get really hard to deal with, especially the more I hear about friends getting married. I stay busy but then the minute I have time to think, that fear returns... .

How do you deal with it?
Stay busy.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:50 PM

17,620 posts, read 22,578,454 times
Quote:
ya...its starting to get really hard to deal with, especially the more I hear about friends getting married. I stay busy but then the minute I have time to think, that fear returns... . I think this fear stems mostly from the fact that its been about 2 and a half years since my last relationship and although I've been dating pretty consistently, its all been very bad luck so its looking more and more like I'm gonna wind up alone (so it seems anyways, I'm sure I'm wrong). I'm sure I do something to bring about that luck, but since I dont know what I'm doing to attract such bad luck, my last option is to just cope..somehow.

How do you deal with it?

Darlin', the man meant for you probably isn't back in our USA yet, or in Aridzona.

Never Fear, there is another pea to match your pod, & join you.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:51 PM

88 posts, read 278,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You are so damn dishonest. You have another thread that has run on ad nauseum about how you had a hot woman who was really into you and you punked out and chased her away.

You make me sick. You cry because you're dateless and sexless and then you cry because you had a chance to fix that and refused to.
That has nothing to do with this. I was just saying that it's ridiculous to feel this way after 2 and half years without a relationship when some people (like me) have managed it for a lot longer.

Who said I was complaining about being dateless and sexless? I was stating a fact. That's all.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
ya...its starting to get really hard to deal with, especially the more I hear about friends getting married. I stay busy but then the minute I have time to think, that fear returns... . I think this fear stems mostly from the fact that its been about 2 and a half years since my last relationship and although I've been dating pretty consistently, its all been very bad luck so its looking more and more like I'm gonna wind up alone (so it seems anyways, I'm sure I'm wrong). I'm sure I do something to bring about that luck, but since I dont know what I'm doing to attract such bad luck, my last option is to just cope..somehow.

How do you deal with it?
I'm sorry, Mir... I'm really sorry for your generation in general.

What I do is probably not helpful... As you know, I like walking with my Johnnie. I'd curl up with a good book or a movie or hang out here with our cool crowd. It's really the lifestyle here that's killing me. Had it been a normal country and a normal city where you actually meet people every place you go, I wouldn't have had any problem as I'm not shy and I'm responsive to people. If I really want to find somebody, I'll have to go the online route. There's simply no other way here. At least that's the way I see it in my age bracket and also because I don't enjoy going to restaurants and bars because of being a smoker. But even if it weren't for that, these are still places you go to with people you already know. The chances of meeting anybody in a restaurant are slim to none (well, to me there are hardly any restaurants here except for the very fancy ones; they're just plain eateries); in bars the chances are high, but most of those people you likely don't want to meet to begin with...

Also, as I've said before, I've had more than my fair share of relationship crapola and I can just hang it up. You can't, though. At least that's not what a normal young girl should do. Perhaps you should give the dating sites a shot...

Old 08-18-2011, 07:59 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,769,580 times
OP- Just call on me brother and I lend you a hand, we all need somebody to lean on.....

Old 08-18-2011, 08:00 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,047,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post
That has nothing to do with this. I was just saying that it's ridiculous to feel this way after 2 and half years without a relationship when some people (like me) have managed it for a lot longer.

Who said I was complaining about being dateless and sexless? I was stating a fact. That's all.
Quit the crap! Lucario is absolutely right!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Quit the crap! Lucario is absolutely right!
Good for you then!

Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,589,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonDavis View Post

That is such barnyard detritus.

Old 08-18-2011, 08:04 PM

Fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships