U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 03:19 AM

376 posts, read 584,458 times

Advertisements

i mean this in a real way. i'm starting to realize this or have come to a certain point where i've come to this conclusion. i noticed that it's harder for me to get a conversation from a woman around my age than it is for a guy my age. i can talk to a dude about whatever and keep it moving whereas when i see a woman around the same age group, she literally puts up a brick wall or an attitude or whatever which makes it seemingly impossible to talk to her, get to know her and etc. i mean... if she was smart enough, she would realize that not every single guy that was talking to her is interested in getting into her pants or trying to be her man and even if i was trying to, i wouldn't rush with it because i would want to know who i'm dealing with. then when i do get a chance to talk to a woman around my age, she initates it and then we get the convo going. but otherwise, if it's me having to go out the way to do it, unless she gives the go ahead, we go nowhere with it. then i think to myself, what convos can i have with her to begin with. i can't talk to her about the weather, i can't talk to her about what's on tv, i can't talk to her about clothes, music, or whatever.

the sad thing is that i found that older women seem to be cool with talking to me about everyday stuff. we're just having conversations. something we can all relate to. friendly conversations. why is it that i can't have conversations with most women my age without them thinking to themselves that a guy wants to sleep with them when its their ego that makes them think that?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 03:27 AM

16,434 posts, read 20,177,988 times
I'm afraid many young people today form their social behavior from what they see on TV portrayed as normal, rather than from real life.

Last edited by Bideshi; 08-19-2011 at 03:50 AM..

Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 AM

3,487 posts, read 6,700,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
the sad thing is that i found that older women seem to be cool with talking to me about everyday stuff. we're just having conversations. something we can all relate to. friendly conversations. why is it that i can't have conversations with most women my age without them thinking to themselves that a guy wants to sleep with them when its their ego that makes them think that?
What you are saying here has nothing to do with women's intelligence or ability to have a conversation.

Seems more like they just don't feel like talking to you for whatever reason - be it ego or that they are generally suspicious of you.

It's kinda two different things.

Old 08-19-2011, 04:18 AM

591 posts, read 787,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miyu View Post
What you are saying here has nothing to do with women's intelligence or ability to have a conversation.

Seems more like they just don't feel like talking to you for whatever reason - be it ego or that they are generally suspicious of you.

It's kinda two different things.

Suspicious of the OP? By what right do you accuse him? Women in general are "he's guitly until proven innocent" with men in general.

To the OP:

I have lived a long time, I've seen it all, mostly young people do this thing where they think they have to have a lot of rules to get by, they do no "date-interaction" spontaneously (except get drunk, have sex, and blame it on the booze) and in these times the one main rule a lot of women have - shunning most and going for but the tall, rich alpha (they call it having standards) - is doing them a disservice.

When a woman gets to be 45 with 3 kids, divorced, etc., she will be thankful ANY guy talks to her let alone for sex (I personally don't care about age too much but you know how it goes). At 21 she thinks her sh*t don't stink. It was this way when I was 21, it's nothing new. The young women need to learn, to be humbled, or else (hopefully, and my preference) get it right first, then all will be well. My two cents. Not saying young men are any better, but this is not a fault they happen to share.

In former days this is why they had matchmakers; in these time if left to their own devices with no input from extended friends, grandparents, clergy and respected members of the community, they tend to shun the best (and listen too much to what other women are saying, most of whom, unless true friends, are trying to sabotage them) and find out later they made a mistake. This is exacerbated by online dating where it's been proven that if a person has too many choices, they tend not to decide.

Also, getting off the subject a bit, they did research at speed-dating events and found that when women were forced to go to the men (instead of the usual way of men having to approach) the men's sense of well-being and "power" made them decide to not settle for the first person who was nice to them - in other words, the roles were reversed because the approaching rules were reversed. Also the men tended to rate women lower in general when the women had to approach them instead, and the women rated the men they talked to higher (than their usual scores given to men when men had to approach them).

And one final thing: you gotta realize the pain for that kind of woman is going to last a lot longer than your little pain during this time of your life that will change when you get a little older (trust me on that). Case in point: my life.

Not to brag, but my gf is 53 (I'm 63) and in her words: "I never thought I'd find ANYONE to be with this late in my life". She is the best, I have no clue how I arranged it. But with age comes the "sadder-but-wiser" realizations, and at 21 (or lets say under 30), a lot of women don't think they will wind up there, but most do. See, if you expect women to use a man's logic in picking men, you will be sorely disappointed. Those that don't "treat you with respect" now will not do so (not just to you but otherse like you) until they learn, usually the hard way. Do not be brutal against them.

Last edited by Doctor Blues; 08-19-2011 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: Forgot body of text

Old 08-19-2011, 04:35 AM

25,953 posts, read 28,254,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
When a woman gets to be 45 with 3 kids, divorced, etc., she will be thankful ANY guy talks to her let alone for sex (I personally don't care about age too much but you know how it goes). At 21 she thinks her sh*t don't stink. It was this way when I was 21, it's nothing new. The young women need to learn, to be humbled, or else (hopefully, and my preference) get it right first, then all will be well. My two cents. Not saying young men are any better, but this is not a fault they happen to share.
ROFLMAO!!!!

We womenfolk need to be humbled and consider us washed up at 45 with kids....good lord. What bus from 1954 did you step off of?

Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 AM

24,671 posts, read 63,082,990 times
OP, not being sexist but some of you men are not intelligent to get a conversation out of.

Doctor Blues, when a man gets to be 45 with 3 kids, divorced, etc., he will be thankful ANY woman talks to him let alone for sex.

Good grief.

Old 08-19-2011, 06:06 AM

14,790 posts, read 15,021,109 times
Quote:

The young women need to learn, to be humbled, or else (hopefully, and my preference) get it right first, then all will be well. My two cents. Not saying young men are any better, but this is not a fault they happen to share.

In former days this is why they had matchmakers; in these time if left to their own devices with no input from extended friends, grandparents, clergy and respected members of the community, they tend to shun the best (and listen too much to what other women are saying, most of whom, unless true friends, are trying to sabotage them) and find out later they made a mistake. This is exacerbated by online dating where it's been proven that if a person has too many choices, they tend not to decide.

You should have kept your 2 cents.

The rest of your post is, well, ridiculous.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 AM

19,059 posts, read 23,022,296 times
I'm not sure what intelligence has to do with the OP. Some folk don't like to shoot the breeze.

Quote:
When a woman gets to be 45 with 3 kids, divorced, etc., she will be thankful ANY guy talks to her let alone for sex (I personally don't care about age too much but you know how it goes).
That's what you guys like to tell yourselves. I can't imagine under any circumstance (age, kids, whatever) wanting to spend time talking to goof balls let alone sex. yuk.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:30 AM

26,661 posts, read 24,192,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
i mean this in a real way. i'm starting to realize this or have come to a certain point where i've come to this conclusion. i noticed that it's harder for me to get a conversation from a woman around my age than it is for a guy my age. i can talk to a dude about whatever and keep it moving whereas when i see a woman around the same age group, she literally puts up a brick wall or an attitude or whatever which makes it seemingly impossible to talk to her, get to know her and etc. i mean... if she was smart enough, she would realize that not every single guy that was talking to her is interested in getting into her pants or trying to be her man and even if i was trying to, i wouldn't rush with it because i would want to know who i'm dealing with. then when i do get a chance to talk to a woman around my age, she initates it and then we get the convo going. but otherwise, if it's me having to go out the way to do it, unless she gives the go ahead, we go nowhere with it. then i think to myself, what convos can i have with her to begin with. i can't talk to her about the weather, i can't talk to her about what's on tv, i can't talk to her about clothes, music, or whatever.

Lets see, first IMO it is easier for men to to converse with other men and women to converse with other women on a friendly basis.

Second, its been awhile since I was in my 20's but it was my experience when a man showed an intrest and initiated conversation 97% of them did have underlying interest in getting in my pants.

ok, third. of course its easier to have a conversation with older women. 97% of young men are definately not interested in getting into your pants so you can feel relaxed and open with not expectation of anything but a friendly conversation. Usually by your 40s your attitude towards everything has changed, your more mellow and it is just easy to have conversations with strangers about nearly anything.

Have you considered that most of these girls just arent that in to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships