Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:24 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,758,001 times

Advertisements

The best revenge is a life well lived.

Take the lesson of dogs teach us. Sometimes it is best to kick some grass over it and walk away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 04:31 PM

22 posts, read 25,117 times
Yea I still wanna know if she feels guilty,or bad inside for hurting me. Not to exploit it I just hope she felt some pain too! I know u guys wouldn't believe it but she did have a big heart and wasn't a cold uncaring bi**h.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne331 View Post
Yea I still wanna know if she feels guilty,or bad inside for hurting me. Not to exploit it I just hope she felt some pain too! I know u guys wouldn't believe it but she did have a big heart and wasn't a cold uncaring bi**h.
No said she was. You were her toy for a couple of weeks. Now she is home. No use pining over her.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:55 PM

Actually it was 9 months not a couple of weeks. No said she was???? Believe me I feel so much Better after talking this out, reality has set in, it still hurts but NOT AS BAD as it did!!

Old 08-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Actually it was 9 months not a couple of weeks. No said she was???? Believe me I feel so much Better after talking this out, reality has set in, it still hurts but NOT AS BAD as it did!!
It is a moot point. Move on. Otherwise be miserable and lonesome. Your call.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:08 PM

I'm not a teenager and have been thru a breakup before, regardless it hurts and one day I'll look back on this and laugh,,, it's just getting there. I am and have already started moving on. Each day gets better, you just hold those days, weeks very close to u after a breakup.
Again thanks to all who helped me thru this, I really appreciate it. My best to all.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:46 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,385,992 times
Quote:
Everything I said in the last page is to not think about that. Does she feel bad? Who knows? You'll never know even if you asked her. There is no point on dwelling on that. Wanting to hope she has some pain to is not going to change things.

So she had good points, you had some good times which leaves you with some good memories. You didn't want it all to end but it did. She made a choice, maybe a bad choice if you were really good to her and know you both must live with it. Is it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all?. I'd say yes because you lived ad experienced. But If you continue to want and chase after she dumps on you then you are a idiot setting yourself up.

If you say she had a big heart that answers your own question, yes she did have feelings and probably had some for you but she can't help who she loves in the end just like any of us can't help and she had to follow it. So given that if she wasn't a evil b**** to you I'd wish her well and not wish her pain, because if you really had love for her you'd hope she finds a path of happiness even if it isn't with you. Like I said you can only harness your own love and also give it out but you can't control how others do.

Get on with your life , time heals and maybe she may have a place in your life again who knows but don't wait for it

LK out

Old 08-22-2011, 07:46 PM

366 posts, read 774,681 times
Quote:
I reconnected with an old female friend from 20 years ago.We started dating and hit it off big time! I wined and dined her, she told me numerous times that I was the best thing ever to come along in her life and that we had a connection, that she was so happy and I made her feel special ect ect. Were both 42.We talked about a future together too.
Well 2 weeks she told me she was going back to her ex boyfriend. They dated for 14 months.She told me they had a fight (before we reconnected)and he just up and left, and that also he just wasn't there for her and didn't meet her needs.I was so good to her and she knows it,and said it! We dated for 9 months.
Will she come back to me after she sees it's just the same old crap with him? I'm doing the no contact thing.
Your post reads like you're in a bad way, Wayne. Check your emotions and move on, because if what you say is true, and I have no doubt that your being truthful, you were doing all the work in this relationship; "I wined and dined her....I made her feel special ect, ect (sic)."

Did it ever occur to you that all of your efforts were significantly less than what her ex - boyfriend provided for her?

Old 08-22-2011, 09:56 PM

God your so right and I see what you mean! Thanks for the different way of looking at it. I'm really not in a bad way, I was, but it's all sinking in now.
I don't think about her constantly anymore and am getting some good zzzzzz's. I know about the No Contact rule but I believe now that's if your girl doesn't leave you for an ex that shes still in love with ,who she's comfortable with it that it doesn't apply.
I want closure and am going to e-mail her saying --I know now that you used me to fill a "gap' in your life and now your happy.It saddens me that you never loved me as I you.Regardless,, wishing you the best and happiness, You need not respond.
What do ya think? No real guilt trip,no anger, no accusing,no I'm sorry,,, just accepting the fact and moving on. I'm in NO WAY going to say, still love and miss you,NO WAY!!!
Remember I said ,,, you need not respond. I'm not expecting or do I want a response,, REALLY, I'm serious. I really DO NOT want a response and if I do get one I WILL NOT respond. It's my closure.At this time it's to late, it's her loss!! I'm the better person!

Old 08-22-2011, 10:21 PM

663 posts, read 1,081,577 times
I'm no relationship expert but I wouldn't give her the time it would take to type and send that email. I think closure is good but in that case, write a letter to her but burn it, or otherwise dispose of it, instead of actually sending it. From the tone of all your posts here, any correspondence sent to her would be done, on your part, SOLELY in the hopes of getting a response from her. I hate to be harsh because break-ups are hard, but if she truly cared about your feelings you wouldn't be in this situation. I also have a hard time understanding how in a mere 18 posts you go from wondering if she'll come back to being almost over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships