U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-22-2011, 04:34 PM

4,457 posts, read 2,276,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Honestly, I'm going for the 10. Most men don't care about a women's education(unless she's a complete idiot), or what kind of job or her status.
These are the same dudes who will cry that she's a gold digger once she cheats on or divorces him. (not saying it will always turn out like that). But as the old saying goes you reap what you sow.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 04:36 PM

1,036 posts, read 698,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
I
And for you women out there that think they're all smart and going to throw out the "well what if it's the man who wants the divorce??" Let me pre-emptive strike that down by pointing to the numbers that women file for divorce many times over more than men do. If a man cheats/divorces then you should've put out more in the bedroom or bought a treadmill.

Hah..I wished you lived nearby because i have TWO shining examples of why the highlighted part DARN sure is not true. I know two HOT women who have had husbands who cheated on them. They are pretty, bodies tight, other men drool over them, etc. And they arent shy in bed. However, their men cheated.

As a matter of fact, one of the women was like.."I did EVERYTHING in the bed this man(hubby) wanted..i just dont get it". What's to get? Man like strange ****. Again..what has my saying been: That's just the way life is. Sure, if a woman gets fat, and doesnt want sex hardly, it can cause straying more. But dont think just being hot and a freak in bed for your man will cut it.

Its the excitement of strange **** for some of them, coupled with a lack of morals.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:42 PM

19,127 posts, read 15,138,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Honestly, I'm going for the 10. Most men don't care about a women's education(unless she's a complete idiot), or what kind of job or her status.
I can't even count the times where I've gotten in a really good, really nice conversation with a man where both of us were having fun, talking, joking and had lots in common, then he decides to bolt for the hot blonde chick giggling in the corner.

It happens all too often, unfortunately.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I can't even count the times where I've gotten in a really good, really nice conversation with a man where both of us were having fun, talking, joking and had lots in common, then he decides to bolt for the hot blonde chick giggling in the corner.

Exactly. So, you know what it comes down to? Both sexes can have their "issues" when it comes to looking for mates. Men complain that women want high status men, women complain that men only want a chick that is hot, regardless if she has a hard time read Dr Suess books.

That is it. No matter how much we all go around and around on this topic..there it is. At one end, Some women demand status..at the other end,some men demand hot looks. And somewhere inbetween there ARE those that are just satisfied and happy finding something in the middle.

Hooray for the middle

Old 08-22-2011, 05:09 PM

17,566 posts, read 10,034,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Banjee..does that mean that men DONT have dating problems because you cannot find a ABC nightline special on it? Seriously, women just like to yap more about stuff like that. As a man, im sure you know there are differences between men and women. If you had to guess who would want to sit around and yap about their issues..wouldnt you pick women as the ones to do that?

Well..there ya go. But, it doesnt mean that men dont have equal issues with something. You just might not find them on Oprah talking about it.
These women aren't "yapping" during a book club meeting. They're on national television. The fact that these women would go on TV and say some of the stuff they said speaks volumes about their sense of entitlement. And the fact that society doesn't even question them just reinforces that sense of entitlement.

Men deal with rejection and disappointment much better than women. Most of us had dreams of being a star athlete, or the President, or a rock star, but those of us who didn't fulfill those dreams (99.99% of us) don't go through life b*tching about it. Women, on the other hand, grow up with this dream of the perfect husband, the pefect wedding, the perfect house and the perfect family. And when that dream gets deferred, they go apesh*t. It's like they never got the memo that life's unfair. Men get that memo very early on in their lives.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:18 PM

550 posts, read 203,202 times
I've actually lowered my standards. I just want to meet a woman with no tattoos. Maybe then I can see her as relationship material. Women today don't get it. Just because women think tattoos look sexy on men doesn't necessarily mean men think they are sexy on women. I'm just sayin'......

Old 08-22-2011, 05:27 PM

2,379 posts, read 1,756,927 times
Quote:
I swear..which is it?? I go on one thread, it says one thing. I go on another, it says something totally different. So, if a woman is a 6, perhaps a 7 in looks on a very good day, well educated, classy, etc, and another woman is a hairdresser but a complete 10, which would the man go after?? Well??? Let's say they both had pleasant enough personalities. Would he pick that classy, educated, wordly brunette who is not a dog, but just okay looking..or would he pick the smoking hot blonde hairdresser with a body Jennifer Lopez would kill for??
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post

Quote:
Hooray for the middle
I know your gripes very well. I've experienced them a million times as the decent looking guy who was friend-zoned a billion times because the ladies wanted the GQ model. It goes both ways so I really understand your frustrations. In fact, it may be almost worse for a man who experiences it because he is forced to stand up in the face of cruel and many times angry/mean hearted rejection a billion times, whereas the middle looking woman doesn't necessarily receive the brunt of that attack on their self esteem.

Let's think about those Dbags that pass up the decent looking woman for the looker. I will ask a question to the decent looking women: why do you want that Dbag's attention? As a mature adult, you are probably looking for something deeper than that. Do you really want someone with differing or confused priorities? I was frustrated and confused as well until I looked at it this way. If they don't want you for whatever stupid reason they come up with (usually because the looker is on the other side of the room) then why should you want them? They don't deserve your time or attention. You shouldn't be pining for them. Look for someone who has their head on straight! Look for someone who has their priorities in line with your own.

If their priorities are screwed up, fine then. Let them be screwed up. They are simply not the person you are looking for. This is why I say so often on these boards that you need to calibrate your picker. You keep picking those same guys that are looking for something different. Don't give them any mind if they can't align with what you want! Move on and find someone who wants what you do.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
These women aren't "yapping" during a book club meeting. They're on national television. The fact that these women would go on TV and say some of the stuff they said speaks volumes about their sense of entitlement. And the fact that society doesn't even question them just reinforces that sense of entitlement.

Men deal with rejection and disappointment much better than women. Most of us had dreams of being a star athlete, or the President, or a rock star, but those of us who didn't fulfill those dreams (99.99% of us) don't go through life b*tching about it. Women, on the other hand, grow up with this dream of the perfect husband, the pefect wedding, the perfect house and the perfect family. And when that dream gets deferred, they go apesh*t. It's like they never got the memo that life's unfair. Men get that memo very early on in their lives.

I dont care if they are on "National TV". They are still yapping about it. Ever watch "The View"? what else was THAT but a bunch of women yapping?? And im a woman, so i can say that.. Women just like to talk/discuss (since 'yap' offends you) about stuff more. That's what women do. It doesnt mean men dont FEEL the same things, or have issues over why life is unfair. They have just learned to deal with it better...YES. BUT..it doesnt mean they dont FEEL it. They have just shoved it down. As an example. A kind, decent, hard working man may feel anger over seeing a woman he has tried to date, going out with some loser drug dealer who has a expensive car. He may feel that is unfair. Deep inside he feels bitter about it. BUT..you probably wont find him on Jay Leno crying about it. I agree with you there. BUT..what im trying to say is..he still FEELS the bitterness.

Tell me a guy wouldnt in that scenario? Say NO MAN has ever felt that in that scenario? But a guy might seethe inside but shut up about it, and a woman might seethe but want to write a book about it.

But..they BOTH will FEEL it. That's all i meant.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfunkle524 View Post
Let's think about those Dbags that pass up the decent looking woman for the looker. I will ask a question to the decent looking women: why do you want that Dbag's attention? As a mature adult, you are probably looking for something deeper than that. Do you really want someone with differing or confused priorities? I was frustrated and confused as well until I looked at it this way. If they don't want you for whatever stupid reason they come up with (usually because the looker is on the other side of the room) then why should you want them? They don't deserve your time or attention. You shouldn't be pining for them. Look for someone who has their head on straight! Look for someone who has their priorities in line with your own.

Very perfectly said. That is definitely a good way to look at it.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:44 PM

3,458 posts, read 3,704,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
However. Both ride the delusion train...holding out for tall, leggy, preferably blond MENSA recruits who want 2.5 children and have stunning career potential. When one was fixed up with another coworker, he stated that he wasn't interested in her because he wanted his arms to touch on the other side when he hugged her. No mention of how *his* belly would get in the way of that little triumph, just how her roundness would be the obstruction.
And that is how nature prevents people with bad genetics and equally bad personalities from propagating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships