U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-24-2011, 09:33 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,566,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
If dating your equal = lowering your standards, then what does that say about you?
Ha, so true... yet something very few want to accept.

Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 PM

2,648 posts, read 1,297,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
so I should lower my standards? i heard, learned about that a while ago, women are allowed to have high standards, men not so much, if men did it would hurt their chances more
Life can be unfair. People sometimes get things or have things happen to them that were undeserved. Both bad and good. Overall though people pretty much get what they deserve most of the time. Again both bad and good. An odd coincidence is that this is usually just about exactly what they have earned. Don't you think thats an odd coincidence bratty?

Here is an example. I knew if I clicked on this thread I would be annoyed by your intense inability to take responsibility for your own craptacular attitude which of course is why there are no women knocking at your door. I have no one to blame but myself for that click, it was my finger on the mouse, it is my fault. I got exactly what I had coming. See how that works?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:33 PM

1,846 posts, read 1,441,382 times
Directed towards the OP..

Not always true....

Some very attractive men will and can find a woman based on her looks alone however I find this is usually short lived...based on what you stated women look for...
I have heard men state...
"Yeah hot girls are fun but when they open there mouths they are dumber than a box of rocks?" "No thank you"

They are looking for someone along the lines of the complete package as well WHEN they are looking for long term

Old 08-25-2011, 07:35 AM

12,975 posts, read 10,266,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
not really because they had to make the first move, take charge
True, but they have "veto power" over the women they choose to approach. In your scenario women have to sit back and wait to see what comes to them, and men can pick and approach the women they want.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 AM

75 posts, read 27,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmorning777 View Post
@therock.....dam right and I am not ashamed. Women do the same crap men do and then we lie to the men we plan on marrying or to guys who are ridiculous like you and say "been around" like a female with an active single sex life is bad. So stupid.
The party won't last forever toots....and it's not a given that you'll find someone who will believe your lies

Old 08-25-2011, 04:31 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,107,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
Yes, as a man seeking women, you have to be a better person than women because that is what women like. You have to be stronger, bolder, more respected, more confident, less emotional and more able bodied than she is. That is what attracts women. She has to be prettier and most likely younger than you. Because that is what attracts men to women. Are you just now figuring this out?
yeah, duh thats my point, women do not need to work on themselves as much as we guys do

Old 08-25-2011, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
I know a young guy who have Aspergers and ADHD who didn't ***** and moan as much as you do. He had women come to him too and vice versa. He didn't complain about trivial, petty stuff (like this thread) and went out there and enjoy life.

With that much whining, you really do need to grow up and get a life. Every time there is criticism about you, you like to shift it away from yourself and back to complaining about "how men have to do this or that and women have to do nothing," if you can't take correction or confrontation, then you are wasting the other poster's time and you are appearing to be trolln just to argue!

Your preconceived notions are nothing but hot air. Get a life. We got ours to live rather than debating with you and your social problems.
you make it sound like i do nothing with my life, well for your information i do take charge for my life, attempt to make it better but it never ends up getting better, it stays the same

Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
I don't think anyone is saying that the dating world is a level playing field. It isn't, and it never will be. Having Asperger's syndrome is going to make dating more difficult for you. That's just life and there's nothing that anyone on this board can say to change that.

So, I think what the poster who said having Asperger's is a different ball game meant is that things are going to be harder and, for a person with Asperger's, the challenges of dating probably are more considerable than they are for someone without Asperger's.

I don't think anyone on this board is saying that dating is easy and that men just have it made in the shade. It is tough. I honestly think it is just as hard for women. I happen to have two sisters who are really attractive. Much more attractive than me. I am really close with them and we go out together a lot. I'd be lying if I said I felt great after a night at the bars with them when they each had 10 guys ask for their number and all I did was play "wingman" with the random guys' friends. But, that's the hand I was dealt. I've had to do things to overcome my average looks. For example, I've learned how to approach people! Guys have never just come up to me and asked me out, so I had to start doing the asking.

So, if you actually do want to have more success with women, then you have to accept that things will never be equal for everyone. And, maybe instead of "lowering" your standards, you should just change them. An attractive woman is all well and good, but in the long run, a kind one is probably better.

Anyway, I say, put in the work. Learn what your issues are, be willing to work on them, and do whatever you can to be the best possible version of yourself. Most women are doing that too, trust me.
yeah well i have been rejected too many times in my life-time, it's frustrating, and lately there was this girl i had been getting to know, but i got friend-zoned, or she just saw me as a friend the entire time, so i feel like i got lead on

Old 08-25-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr74 View Post
Directed towards the OP..

Not always true....

Some very attractive men will and can find a woman based on her looks alone however I find this is usually short lived...based on what you stated women look for...
I have heard men state...
"Yeah hot girls are fun but when they open there mouths they are dumber than a box of rocks?" "No thank you"

They are looking for someone along the lines of the complete package as well WHEN they are looking for long term
yeah well women seem to judge men on non-physical attributes for the most part, even if a guy looked like Brad Pitt, David Beckham, but he was bratty, boring, had no life, no confidence, no self-esteem, women would not accept them

Old 08-25-2011, 06:51 PM

1,573 posts, read 1,482,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
True, but they have "veto power" over the women they choose to approach. In your scenario women have to sit back and wait to see what comes to them, and men can pick and approach the women they want.
The power attractive women have is still the best...they get approached a lot and can pick the best of the litter so to speak. Not to mention they can go to a club all night and never pay for one drink. How cool is that?

Yes I admit men can go after what they want and sort of pick and choose, that does have some advantages to it.... but many men (thank the jerks) have screwed this up for the rest of us so it's not easy to approach women anymore. Many have their guard up most of the time and think any guy that talks to them is only looking for sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships