Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 04:18 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,893,981 times

Advertisements

That's not an explanation. That's a statement.

Please explain why you think this is the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
this is only in regards in dating and relationships, all women have to do is welcome or deny advances, they have "veto" power

Old 08-23-2011, 04:21 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,306,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
That's not an explanation. That's a statement.

Please explain why you think this is the case.
because girls, women, don't get stuck in the "friend-zone", and if they do, they can easily get out of it, the same does not really apply to guys, all they have to do is welcome or deny advances, they do not have to initiate anything

Old 08-23-2011, 04:28 AM

3,993 posts, read 8,893,981 times
Since you have no reasons, or no explanation, I'm going to leave you to your very interesting and informative thread.

It's like discussing quantum physics with a 5 year old.

Good luck with it !

Old 08-23-2011, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobman View Post
Since you have no reasons, or no explanation, I'm going to leave you to your very interesting and informative thread.

It's like discussing quantum physics with a 5 year old.

Good luck with it !
you don't have to

Old 08-23-2011, 05:59 AM

it's like girls are born with the ability to get a boyfriend, but guys(most guys) have to learn how

Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,608,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh u View Post
That's only true for women while they're younger.
i was waiting for someone to point out the obvious truth here.

Ihatespoiledbrattypeople, are you young, like 18-25 years old? if so that explains a lot.

Old 08-23-2011, 06:53 AM

19,045 posts, read 25,112,737 times
Quote:
why do people make such a big deal out of pregnancy and periods? but from the way you say it, you think guys have it easier in life than women do
LOL Why is giving birth made out to be such a big deal? That's funny.

Any how, as many others have noted women have an easier time in some arenas, having sex whenever is one of them. Having a relationship with a quality man takes more than just looks. It's looks plus having an engaging personality.

Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,536,313 times
Quote:
it's like girls are born with the ability to get a boyfriend, but guys(most guys) have to learn how
No offense, but you sound very immature, ignorant, and entitled. Your dilemma might not be so much that "women have it easier" as much as it most likely is your off-putting, whiny-moany "feel sorry for me because I'm a guy and have to try extra extra hard to get a girlfriend" attitude. You're not going to attract anyone acting like this. If you've already accepted this belief that women have it easier, just accept it and move on. If you "refuse to get over it" then accept what comes with holding onto that attitude.

Most everybody in this thread is telling you to grow up. Growing up means dealing with what you already accepted as fact. Thus, if you believe women can pretty much have their pick, you need to give up this moany attitude and take on an attitude of confidence that will make you a better pick. Oh yeah, I forgot, you can't stand the fact that you actually need to be confident, have a positive mentality, and minimally sociable (things that could help you in many other facets of life).

Meh.... you can lead a horse to water.......

Old 08-23-2011, 08:54 AM

346 posts, read 506,045 times
Quote:
that makes him boyfriend material, or just makes him attractive, desired by girls, women, it really pisses me off, frustrates me, makes me angry, because it always or usually seems what determines a guy's success with girls, women, is his social skills, conversation skills, overall, his ability to talk to people and socialize with them, converse. Even if a girl was socially impaired, she can still get a guy, won't struggle like a guy, even if the girl was the initiator. Also, the guy has to have ambition and drive, have a passion for something, he has to have a life, have things going for him, he has to be a challenge, he has to have confidence, after all, confidence is a mental, attitude thing. All a girl needs to be in order to be girlfriend material is to be pretty, hot, good-looking, with just an average personality, it's like, us guys have to be decent looking as well, we have to walk right, sit right, stand right, breathe right, think right, talk right, have the right attitude, the right mentality, the right social skills, the right conversation skills, have a passion for something, be involved with or in something, have a life, be a leader not a follower, be outgoing meanwhile girls don't have to be, be confident meanwhile girls dont' have to be, it's like us guys have to be perfect everything, all girls have to do is welcome or deny advances, they have all the choosing, selecting power. Most guys will accept and date a girl who is bratty or boring, has no life, as long as she is very hot, it's easier to visually, physically appealing to someone than it is to be verbally, socially, mentally appealing to someone.
if a girl is very hot and cute, pretty, she has already met the requirements that guys look for in a girlfriend most of the time. In order for a guy to attract a girl, he has to have the right attitude, the right mindset, the right mentality, the right way of thinking, good conversation skills and social skills, it all comes down to the words and sentences that come out of his mouth, if a guy makes a mistake when flirting or talking to a girl, the girl rejects him instantly. A girl can say something stupid or weird, awkward in a conversation, bring up a boring conversation topic, and guys will not get turned off. Also, David DeAngelo said this: "When a man sees a beautiful, young, sexy woman, he INSTANTLY feels a sexual attraction.

But does the same apply for women?

Do women feel sexual attraction to men based mostly on looks? Or is something else going on?

Well, after studying this topic for over five full years now, I can tell you that women usually have their "attraction mechanisms" triggered by things OTHER than looks."

Why are girls, women like this?"
What this whole thing says to me is that most women are smarter than most men when it comes to love and relationships. It probably has to do with survival. Women are biologically the nurturers and care takers, they instinctively look for someone who is going to provide more than a roll in the hay.

The way you worded your post, you sound MAD at women for not just lusting after a complete "empty headed" man who's only thing he has going for him are muscles and good hair.

AND WHY WHY WHY would a man want an empty headed woman for a true, long lasting relationship and partnership? For goodness sakes, I would want someone to help carry the load. Life is hard enough without having your partner help you in some way.

Now, to agree with your theory, I do honestly believe my husband was smitten with me over looks (and me being super nice) and the fact that I am a good, loyal, hard-working person was just icing on the cake. I have had this very discussion with him, and he swears he fell in love with me for more than the physical attraction, but I sometimes wonder if he didn't just luck out! ha ha (and the lucky part has NOTHING to do with how he thinks I look, but rather everything else about me)

Now if that ain't tootin' your own horn, I don't know what is....(didn't mean to come across that way, but I was pulling on my own experiences)

Old 08-23-2011, 09:27 AM

1,133 posts, read 2,273,857 times
You're right OP, but this should be good news to you as a male.

It doesn't matter if a girl knows how to sit right and breath right. It's all the same to guys. So she dresses stlyish or has a great diet? Majority of guys won't care. Majority want a girl who is attractive according to our standards and beyond that, it's pretty much a stalemate.

But for guys, every little thing counts beyond looks. If you stand tall and walk confidently, that's a +1 in a girl's eyes. If you are a social magnet and can open conversations with strangers at a lounge, that's +2. If you know how to dress and groom well, that's also a +2.

My point is you can learn things that will make you more attractive to women, when women don't have that luxury. You should look at this as a blessing and not a curse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.