Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:06 AM

376 posts, read 665,251 times

Advertisements

okay..... ladies and guys that like guys, which type of guy would you say is better? the guy that doesn't mind crying in front of you when he's sad about something or the guy that will just give you a and won't say anything to you. he'll just repress how he feels and keeps it to himself.

you know something. honestly, i wish i didn't train myself to hide certain emotions. i haven't cried in over 10 years because around 10 years ago when i was trying to be a tough guy, i thought that it was unmanly to . i would also train myself to not be happy or happy go luck. i thought it was cool to be either mad or i guess emotionless. i was moody as hell around that time and i still am a moody person now. repressing emotions and being pent up sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 11:35 AM

946 posts, read 2,917,991 times
I want something in the middle. I don't want an overly emotional and sensitive man who cries for anything or is very easily affected (why would I want to date another girl?). But keeping all your emotions bottled up isn't healthy, like you stated. Those are the men who usually become violent all of a sudden or grow resnetful over the years, and I don't want that either. I want someone who is tough and will be able to protect me but isn't afraid to pour out his emotions when necessary.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:56 AM

3,339 posts, read 5,986,416 times
I think the middle is best, as well. I don't mind a guy that cries, I think it's kind of endearing, actually. But, I don't want some weepy dude that is going to cry every time his team loses a game or something. Fortunately, I've never in my life met a guy like that.

Based on the men I've encountered in reality, I think the more open ones are preferable. Luckily, you can learn to let your guard down and stop holding your emotions in, I think. Bottling up all of your feelings usually just causes them to stew and grow in intensity, leading to more bad, and less good (in general, not saying that to anyone specifically).

Last edited by nikitakolata; 08-23-2011 at 12:33 PM..

Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the nation is still angry View Post
okay..... ladies and guys that like guys, which type of guy would you say is better? the guy that doesn't mind crying in front of you when he's sad about something or the guy that will just give you a and won't say anything to you. he'll just repress how he feels and keeps it to himself.

you know something. honestly, i wish i didn't train myself to hide certain emotions. i haven't cried in over 10 years because around 10 years ago when i was trying to be a tough guy, i thought that it was unmanly to . i would also train myself to not be happy or happy go luck. i thought it was cool to be either mad or i guess emotionless. i was moody as hell around that time and i still am a moody person now. repressing emotions and being pent up sucks.
You're a man right? Think before you answer that.....please.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:07 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,203,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPaul View Post
You're a man right? Think before you answer that.....please.
I think your question needs further elaboration.

Old 08-23-2011, 12:22 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,647,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilamx View Post
I want something in the middle. I don't want an overly emotional and sensitive man who cries for anything or is very easily affected (why would I want to date another girl?). But keeping all your emotions bottled up isn't healthy, like you stated. Those are the men who usually become violent all of a sudden or grow resnetful over the years, and I don't want that either. I want someone who is tough and will be able to protect me but isn't afraid to pour out his emotions when necessary.
This

Old 08-23-2011, 12:41 PM

1,457 posts, read 2,027,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I think your question needs further elaboration.
No, it really doesn't..... never mind.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:27 PM

14,229 posts, read 30,022,670 times
In the middle is probably best but if I have to pick, I'll take the guy with his heart on his sleeve. At least I KNOW he has one and he is willing to tell me how he feels.

I was married to a guy for years who was so totally unemotional, I used to call him Mr. Spock.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:31 PM

2,650 posts, read 3,011,598 times
Why does not hiding your feeling have to include weeping like a school girl with a skinned knee at the drop of a hat? I never withhold my emotions but seldom cry and usually at that point someone is dead. I'm not sure these two things go hand in hand, in my case at least they don't.

Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
I'm not a big fan of anyone, male or female, repressing their emotions to the point of being stunted. Too many guys say they're afraid of being emotional, but have no problem showing jealousy or anger or lust, which are (surprise!) emotions. To expand on what crabman wrote above, there are lots of emotions besides sadness, and no one has to go overboard with it.

Last edited by fleetiebelle; 08-23-2011 at 02:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships