Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2011, 03:44 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boodhabunny View Post
My sister is in exactly your situation and she lives in MN. She is paying her ex husband (an artist/house-husband during their marriage) alimony until 65 because he's considered too old to re-skill. He was given 50% of her 401-k and I think he will also have 50% of her Social Security. They have joint custody and she pays him child support as well.

I don't know why you think it's going to be so hard to meet a woman with assets at your age. They are not the rare birds you are implying they are. Unless you are looking for a 20 year old with a fat portfolio. At my age, all my female friends are professional working women who can hold their own, financially.

Yeah, but most men with money want young hotties, not old hags.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:46 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post

Speak for your mother and sisters. The rest of us might not fit the toothless trailer trash/ghetto stereotype.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,769,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
What a load of complete baloney.

Tell that to my two well adjusted adult daughters who had two parents who lived together for 10 years before getting married then divorced 3 years later

I have known hundreds of people over my lifetime who are the product of divorce, gay parents, unmarried parents and guess what...they're normal.

Let me tell you about my parents who stayed miserably married for 40 years before my Father dropped dead. Shall I tell you of the messed up kids they had, the dysfunction that no-one really saw but left a legacy on myself and my brothers and sisters?

Marriage is NOT the basis for bringing up well adjusted kids. Having people who love them and teach them is the basis and those people can be grandparents, gay parents, single parents or two parents.

Sometimes your extreme religious ideas get in the way of reality.
What you call 'extreme religious ideas' is something that worked out quite in American Society as well as the world over up until circa 1965 when God and his protective absolute moral laws wasnt wanted anymore in favor of : Entitle-itis at any cost, 'Ill live however i feel like living and no one is going to tell me what to do' , 'There are no morals .... everything is permissable' , 'Its my life and i have the freedom to do as i like (including spreading harmful destructive philosophies across the land because others are doing the same thing) ' , the 'F' this / 'F' that attitude associated with a 'whatever' mindset aka: severe apathy toward things which are wrong , and of course all manner of sexual deviancy to ones hedonistic content . This is the world your children will live in solidified by your irresponsible encouragement. Shame on you Dad.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
According to my niece, my parents have told her that marriage isn't necessary unless she decides to have children. And she doesn't plan to have kids. In my family, it's very important that children be born within a marriage and raised by two parents. Having bastard children is just not acceptable. Also being on welfare is not acceptable and would bring shame upon the whole family. And that's the way it should be for the rest of our society.

Your parents are smart, that's what I try to tell people. If I didn't want children I would never get married.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:52 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
No one shouldn't have to pay alimony. But because of feminism, men have to pay alimony and give up half his stuff in a divorce settlement.
I thought feminism was supposed to eliminate this alimony stuff? Wasn't the point to getting women to work so they wouldn't have to rely on the men? Can anyone provide me an example of a feminist fighting AGAINST alimony because apparently women don't need it since they want to work for themselves?

Last edited by The Dissenter; 08-27-2011 at 04:00 PM..

Old 08-27-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Speak for your mother and sisters. The rest of us might not fit the toothless trailer trash/ghetto stereotype.

I know, the truth hurts.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:55 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,807,002 times
Quote:

That's fine. Just don't complain when the young hottie gets alimony because you chose someone based upon looks, not someone who is equal to you in education, intellect, and earning capacity.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I thought feminism was supposed of this alimony stuff? Wasn't the point to getting women to work so they wouldn't have to rely on the men? Can anyone provide me an example of a feminist fighting AGAINST alimony because apparently women don't need it since they want to work for themselves?
You thought it was supposed of? What does that mean?

Any how, I argue against the concept of alimony or any position where every single human being does not work until at least 70, save for the disabled and independently wealthy. But, I'm not the kind of woman you'll find in your social circle. As has been pointed out to me numerous times on this forum, feminism is for educated, affluent white women.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:

I know, the truth hurts.
The truth is that my 70 year old mother is better looking than you and your entire genetic line. It's a fact.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's fine. Just don't complain when the young hottie gets alimony because you chose someone based upon looks, not someone who is equal to you in education, intellect, and earning capacity.
Well, there are plenty of high earning, educated hotties. They're just not included in the available pool these men contend with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships