Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 10:47 PM

48,515 posts, read 34,800,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Did you read the OP, I said both men and women?

Did I not?

This thread is not about "They do it tooooooo".
Then we agree? No?

Leaving the gender labels out of it, can you address my point that it is better they freely advertise their dysfunction up front, instead of keeping it hidden to be discovered after an emotional connection is made?

Otherwise your post comes across as "can you please keep your true self under wraps so I can date you."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,177,754 times
People wonder why they get divorced in less than 2 years. People do not practice any sort of gracefulness anymore. Everyone is so raw......it becomes very irritating to see how adults present themselves.

It's no wonder why the kids are "screwed up".

I've emailed women asking them to remove their child's photos. You have no idea what the agenda of the men that are contacting you is. They could be child sex offender's. Exposing your child to your "shenanigans" is in poor taste.

EDIT: time for some ice cream.......brb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmingtonangel View Post
I'm female, and I see a lot of similar statements in men's profiles. I agree with Lucario - no wonder these people are alone!

I don't like seeing "my kids come first" and/or pictures of their kids. First of all it should be a given that their kids come first and I think posting pictures of kids is distasteful. I won't immediately rule out those men, but they have to have a lot of other things going for them in order for me to consider them.

If I see any negative "jaded" statements I move on immediately without a second thought. We have all been lied to at some point in our lives, but being negative and cynical isn't going to get you anywhere. Those negative statements could be turned into positive ones. For instance instead of stating "I don't want to deal with cheaters and liars" it would be better to state "I value honesty and integrity in my date".

Old 08-27-2011, 11:25 PM

Here is another one I just came across:

I HAVE A 7 YEAR OLD LITTLE BOY HE IS PART OF MY LIKE SO WE COME AS A PAIR.

(No, Really?!)

Also, just to let you know, they use all CAPS, not me. I just copy and paste.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:28 PM

2,028 posts, read 1,887,481 times
Great thread, Ron! I've noticed all of this on dating sites in the past and considered sending emails to the "offenders" for entertainment purposes.

I am in the camp of those who are thankful for the ones who put their baggage, emotions and rants right on their profile since it helps those who want to avoid them.

Old 08-28-2011, 07:46 AM

37,587 posts, read 45,944,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Here is another one I just came across:

I HAVE A 7 YEAR OLD LITTLE BOY HE IS PART OF MY LIKE SO WE COME AS A PAIR.

(No, Really?!)

Also, just to let you know, they use all CAPS, not me. I just copy and paste.
Ron, I laughed at that one. Honestly, I use to laugh a lot of the online profiles. But frankly, it's no different than sitting in a bar or club, and being amused at the losers (sorry, I just can't think of a more apt term!) and how really clueless they are about the sorry impressions they make on others.

That lack of awareness, or ignorance, if you will, is simply part of the person. How can you expect them to present a different picture than what the mirror reflects? I guess I'm saying....you can't fix all these people's profiles, because they are a reflection of the person that wrote it, and that is the whole point.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:05 AM

7,364 posts, read 14,669,360 times
To translate some of these statements:

Now for the really important things u need to know...I have no interest in being a one night stand...I have way too much class to be treated like a good time girl."I am an easy lay who keeps getting blown off after having sex with men I've just met."

Players...you need not apply..if all you desire is another notch...I am not interested. "I have been fooled multiply times by players, and I blame them, not me."

Married or seperated...DO NOT contact me!!!!!! "I've been suckered by married guys."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE.......Please be real cuz i am! Look guy's i want attention if you can't give it cause your too busy, maybe you should't be on this site! Read my profile, Looking to settle down and marriage! If that's NOT U Please don't contact me. "I keep dating outside of my league, which is why those men can't be bothered to make time for me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am a BIG beautiful woman. If you can't handle a BIG woman, then you are not the one for me. "I am fat and lazy, and this will never change."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* side note... please... if you cant be honest... and real... just pass me by please. SOOO tired of the headgames and lies. "I am easily manipulated by liars."

Old 08-28-2011, 09:59 AM

14,229 posts, read 30,017,781 times
I was glad when people were this, PAINFULLY honest on their profiles. They are showing you all their baggage right up front.

No negative people was one of my first and best rules. If someone couldn't be positive about themselves for 3 paragraphs, I knew I couldn't be interested.

We shouldn't underestimate the entertainment value of some of these people. It's so obvious they haven't even written a complete paragraph since high school. I thought the dating sites were more entertaining than reality tv any day.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Ron, I laughed at that one. Honestly, I use to laugh a lot of the online profiles. But frankly, it's no different than sitting in a bar or club, and being amused at the losers (sorry, I just can't think of a more apt term!) and how really clueless they are about the sorry impressions they make on others.

That lack of awareness, or ignorance, if you will, is simply part of the person. How can you expect them to present a different picture than what the mirror reflects? I guess I'm saying....you can't fix all these people's profiles, because they are a reflection of the person that wrote it, and that is the whole point.
Chessie Mom,

yeah, what can you do? Nothing at all but laugh or shake your head.

I figured I may as well give you folks on CD some entertainment.

The more I vistit this thread the more I realize how sad it is to be honest. These are just a few out of probably millions on dating websites. Gee-whiz, that's not very encouraging at all.

Those websites if filled with a bunch of average Joe's/Janes puffing themselves up as if they are high caliber.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsnow View Post
I was glad when people were this, PAINFULLY honest on their profiles. They are showing you all their baggage right up front.

No negative people was one of my first and best rules. If someone couldn't be positive about themselves for 3 paragraphs, I knew I couldn't be interested.

We shouldn't underestimate the entertainment value of some of these people. It's so obvious they haven't even written a complete paragraph since high school. I thought the dating sites were more entertaining than reality tv any day.
Several posters have said this and I think it's 100% accurate.

It is entertaining for sure.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:06 AM

620 posts, read 1,299,758 times
Ok, I have to pipe up on the "kids coming first" as a given. I personally adopt a view that when I am in a committed, long term relationship with kids, it will be my relationship that comes first. I think that is why so many relationships fail; we adopt this self-sacrificing persona that everything we do, all the energy we have, all the resources we create, must go towards our children and whatever is left, goes to your spouse. I don't want my spouse to treat me like an afterthought, and if I loved them enough to settle into a relationship and have kids with them, I want to continue to cultivate that spark we had and maintain it. One day, those kids will leave, and if the spouse is still around, I want to be able to feel comfortable being alone with just them.

I have even written that on my profile. I even wrote that because this isn't a common view that I wouldn't deal well with someone who already has children, but that does not stop single fathers from sending me messages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships