U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-29-2011, 05:21 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,297,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
LOL I predict an arse whipping in your future.
Your prediction is right on the money! I've been too busy today to notice this crapola! Some evidently need to be told this line is subject to VERY serious sifting, just in case they're still unaware of Sierra's approach to things. By the time I'm done sifting, nothing's likely to remain in the sifter!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 05:23 PM

15,939 posts, read 7,555,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Your prediction is right on the money! I've been too busy today to notice this crapola! Some evidently need to be told this line is subject to VERY serious sifting, just in case they're still unaware of Sierra's approach to things. By the time I'm done sifting, nothing's likely to remain in the sifter!
Which is why I'm a bystander!

And I won't stand in line for a woman. I don't have the patience for that.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,168,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Oh?

And what's your number?
#1, of course.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:24 PM

42,846 posts, read 52,297,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
Which is why I'm a bystander!

And I won't stand in line for a woman. I don't have the patience for that.
Oh, well... Your loss!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM

12,890 posts, read 12,168,312 times
Quote:
Your finest sifter has been known to pass boulders ...

Old 08-29-2011, 05:27 PM

15,939 posts, read 7,555,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
#1, of course.
Well ain't you special!

Quote:
Oh, well... Your loss!
Psaw! I'd be discarded in the recycle bin before most others!

Old 08-29-2011, 05:29 PM

2,729 posts, read 1,509,839 times
Quote:
I think people are more complex than this. You're going on the assumption that money is the goal across the board and a man's worth is only as deep as his pockets.
It's really that simple Braunwyn, men are looking for sex (along with companionship) and women are looking for (in this time period) a man with financial security. FEW men and women are truly looking for something deeper out of each other; putting aside children of course.

And yes, a mans social status and worth (in the West) is equal to how much money he can make per year. It's just the sad reality of the hyper competitive Western culture; garbage men, janitors, male teachers, unemployed men, ect, ect, are considered to have little value or none at all.

It's so bad now that in certain female circles guys who make 100k a year are considered to have little value simply because they can't afford a private jet, a 10,000sf home, or a 400k luxury car.

Quote:
Again, I'm speaking from my perspective and I consider 40k to be peanuts and I can't figure how women are prostituting themselves for that, which is why I assume there is far more involved when it comes to dating.
Because that's all they can get. I have seen it with my own eyes. Poor, low class, slightly overweight women who married the guy who made 30k a year. For these women, they would have permmantly been in poverty if it were not for the men they married who helped them get out.

Quote:
Folk are looking for life partners; somebody to share their joys and sorrows with, not a meal ticket to applebees (forget the bistro).
Nope, I respectfully disagree. Women ARE looking for meal tickets which is why the majority of modern women attach themselves to men with upward mobility. And to be fair, men are looking for the hottest woman they can buy, I mean, "attract".

Quote:
A woman going on a date, generally, is looking for more than a poorly cooked meal (and that's all they'll get on the salaries you're discussing). I figure most are looking for love.
So why is it when a low status male professes his love to a woman (and she knows his job) she declines his advancements? The truth is love is free, and most men can offer it to women in abundance, the problem is, most women don't want it unless money and or fame comes along with it.

Quote:
I figure most women aren't assuming that they're supposed to be a prostitute while on a date.
No, they don't think of themselves as prostitutes, however, they ARE prostituting themselves to get what they want out of life. Otherwise they would pay for half the date themselves.

Quote:
If some women are making a living at this, and they're dating the average 40k Joe you note, then they must living in extreme poverty.
I'm not sure I understand. Some women hustle many men at the same time, and as a result, can live quite comfortable doing it.

Last edited by calicali01; 08-29-2011 at 05:38 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 05:31 PM

2,648 posts, read 1,244,076 times
Quote:
LOL I predict an arse whipping in your future.

Old 08-29-2011, 05:33 PM

10,239 posts, read 10,673,866 times
OP-There's nothing wrong with it at all. I'd like to have that happen too, lol

Old 08-29-2011, 05:40 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,336,250 times
If the OP is honest about his intentions with women & doesn't go around misleading them & breaking hearts, then I don't see the problem. He may only have a problem finding someone who wants the same, provided he has nothing else to offer in a shallow exchange.

I don't quite grasp why he wants a relationship if he only wants sex though. Relationships involve a lot of effort, and it's not necessarily a drudgery, but if you just wanted sex, then it doesn't seem worth the emotional energy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
It's really that simple Braunwyn, men are looking for sex (along with companionship) and women are looking for (in this time period) a man with financial security. FEW men and women are truly looking for something deeper out of each other; putting aside children of course.
Statements like this make me feel sad & alone in the world.

/dramatic emotional statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships