Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:13 AM

41 posts, read 84,499 times

Advertisements

My girlfriend asked me to do it so of course i did it. But I was not entirely happy about it especially because even when I did it for her it did not seem to make any difference. To make her understand that it was a big deal for me to I ended up saying it was a crazy thing to do, but I did it for her. She was not happy about that and said that she did not appreciate my effort at all because I said that. So the QUESTION is:

Is is normal for a guy to remove all his female friends that he at some point in his life was flirtatious with or is it a little bit crazy act of love?

(PS: I don't have an account on city-data so I am using my friend's account. But do feel free to give advices, I will be appreciated.)

Old 08-30-2011, 09:17 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,735,418 times
No it isn't normal.

She's insecure and controlling.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:17 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,423,099 times
First define "that he at some point in his life was flirtatious with"

Is that all it is? you havn't slept with any of these girls? or have intentions to, while in your current relationship?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:18 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,539,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
No it isn't normal.

She's insecure and controlling.
^^^^Bingo. The poster needs to have a backbone.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:19 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,037 times
Caution - red flag!! Jealous, possesive and controlling woman alert!

Don't delete them - she needs to accept you as you are, friends and all.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:28 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,335,608 times
There's a difference between friends and people you want to sex with.

I think you should take proactive measures. If you have a gf/bf then you stop going to personal sites, and you should discontinue contact with people you've been semi hitting on.

As I said in another thread... flirting leads to other things.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:29 AM

8,679 posts, read 15,264,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass View Post
My girlfriend asked me to do it so of course i did it. But I was not entirely happy about it especially because even when I did it for her it did not seem to make any difference. To make her understand that it was a big deal for me to I ended up saying it was a crazy thing to do, but I did it for her. She was not happy about that and said that she did not appreciate my effort at all because I said that. So the QUESTION is:

Is is normal for a guy to remove all his female friends that he at some point in his life was flirtatious with or is it a little bit crazy act of love?

(PS: I don't have an account on city-data so I am using my friend's account. But do feel free to give advices, I will be appreciated.)
I can see removing risque comments others have put on your wall, just to avoid rubbing her nose in it.

But remove the friends entirely? No way. Here's a little story that might wake you up.

One of my SO's buddies once dated a woman like that, back when MySpace was big. She fussed not only about his female friends and his friends list, but told him to get rid of his MySpace account entirely--which he did.

Fast forward a few years. They are now getting divorced. Turns out the MySpace issue was only the beginning. As time went on, she took to dominating and controlling every other aspect of the relationship, right down to the decor of their home. When they parted ways, she actually tried to get into his Facebook account, and accused him of cheating on her with the women on his page. (Didn't happen.) Best part is that she seemed to have planned the huge fight that proved to be the final straw, because when he tried to log into their joint bank account the next day, he couldn't get in. He called the bank and found that she had already cleaned the account out.

Looking back on my interactions with her and with them as a couple, and putting together things I've heard from my SO about them, it all comes together. The MySpace issue was a sign of greater problems to come.

Your girlfriend's request is a HUGE red flag indicating insecurity and an unhealthy need to control. It's only going to get worse, because now she knows she can boss you around.

Run. Run like hell.

Old 08-30-2011, 09:40 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,467,349 times
I think it's not normal, shows paranoid jealousy, and I also think your g/f is a self-righteous control freak. If I were dating her, she'd be history, and she'd be off my facebook friends (if I used it!).

Old 08-30-2011, 09:51 AM

3,879 posts, read 8,380,607 times
I'm confused.

We have this thread in which a girl has asked her boyfriend to remove friends:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/relat...emove-all.html

And this thread where you're the boyfriend.

Who are you??? Are you both posting as the same person?

Old 08-30-2011, 09:53 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,197,020 times
That's not normal, and I can guarantee you guys won't last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.