Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Your guy or gal walking on the beach at sunset (or sunrise) with a friend of opposite sex (or same sex if you're gay).

"" - cuddled up on a couch with a friend watching a movie, just those two.

"" - candlelight dinner for two at a great restaurant... without it being a special occasion.

"" - two planes tickets... hmm anywhere, without it being a special occasion.

etc.

What scenario would you find inappropriate? Maybe one I haven't mentioned... aside from the obvious.
Um, beach is fine. Everyone should enjoy a nice beach sunset. Hollywood made it romantic. It's just a gorgeous spectacle in my mind.

Some restaurants only do candlelight. BFD.

With my oldest friends in the world, I'm not going to be a weirdo about touching them. But if it's a big couch, I'm stretching out...I like to stretch out.

Two plane tickets? I just met a friend of mine (and shared a suite) in NYC so we could see a Broadway show. Why? Cuz we wanted to see THAT show. My wife couldn't take the time off. Again, BFD.

People need to grow up and stop seeing misbehavior at every turn. Mature adults don't see sex everywhere and don't allow it to limit their movements and interactions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 03:16 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,202,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Um, beach is fine. Everyone should enjoy a nice beach sunset. Hollywood made it romantic. It's just a gorgeous spectacle in my mind. And romantic. Seriously, even if you dont think it is, you have GOT to know strolling on a beach with someone..and at sunset no less..is considered a romantic thing couples do. Surely, you know this, right? Right? We arent talking about high noon on a weekend with a bunch of other drunken friends and college peeps. We are talking strolling along at sunset on the beach..just the two of them.

Some restaurants only do candlelight. BFD. Really? I suppose that is true. However, how many "candlelight" restaurants does the average person go to when they are NOT purposely LOOKING for a romantic place?

With my oldest friends in the world, I'm not going to be a weirdo about touching them. But if it's a big couch, I'm stretching out...I like to stretch out. Okay..so are you saying that you would not be CUDDLING (that was the issue..cuddling) with a 'friend'? Whew...at least you kinda see the issue with THAT one.

Two plane tickets? I just met a friend of mine (and shared a suite) in NYC so we could see a Broadway show. Why? Cuz we wanted to see THAT show. My wife couldn't take the time off. BFD. Of course she couldnt take the time off. Since she is married to the most non suspicious and perhaps gullible man on the face of the earth. So, while you are off watching a broadway show, she was at a 'friend's' house, snuggled up on the couch with him after enjoying a nice candlelight dinner at a romantic restaurant. Is this what they call having an "open" relationship?
Interesting.

People need to grow up and stop seeing misbehavior at every turn. Mature adults don't see sex everywhere and don't allow it to limit their movements and interactions.
Hey..just busting ya here. But seriously, sometimes where there is smoke, there is fire. All of the situations mentioned here, though can be innocent, I would say more likely than not they would be worth keeping an eye on. However, good for you if stuff just doesnt bother you

Old 08-31-2011, 03:53 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Hey..just busting ya here. But seriously, sometimes where there is smoke, there is fire. All of the situations mentioned here, though can be innocent, I would say more likely than not they would be worth keeping an eye on. However, good for you if stuff just doesnt bother you
No, it does not bother me because I don't sexualize the crap out of every situation.

To me, people are people. They are not walking representations of their genitals.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:01 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,194,689 times
I have cleaned up this thread. Stay on topic and if you want to discuss religion then go to the Religion forum. If you want to debate then we have a forum for that too but this is not it.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,742,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I have cleaned up this thread. Stay on topic and if you want to discuss religion then go to the Religion forum. If you want to debate then we have a forum for that too but this is not it.

Why did you completely remove the posts about religion, then leave the ones where I was complaining about them going off topic on religion, with your comment about hijacking the thread? It makes it look like I was hijacking the threat, but I was just asking them to stop going way off topic.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:35 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
If you were in a committed realtionship with your boyfriend/girlfriend, then every single one of those things would be totally inappropriate! Are you serious? Ugh I just dont get it. Some people find that okay? Really? CANDLELIGHT dinners..CUDDLING>>>CUDDLING on the couch?? Plane tickets..just the two of them?? Really?

I have male friends, and I dont do crap like that with them even when im single. But then..i'm not screwing, or hoping to screw, any of my friends. There lies the difference.
Cuddling on the couch?? Wow that's like almost as intimate as sex in my book....I don't have a GF but if she ever did anything even close to that with another guy. She would be gone!

Old 08-31-2011, 08:06 PM

441 posts, read 2,108,980 times
What about having dinner in a group and the gentleman to your right frequently touches your arm while speaking? Is that flirting?

Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 PM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Politely disagree.

Much of the game is centered around bringing your "target" to romantic / sexual situations but not acting or engaging in anything that displays interest. That is how people go under the radar and that is a great tactic if you want to steal away a girl away from her boyfriend, I shamefully know.
OK, that's how a player (or wannabe player like a PUA), seducer or casanova might operate (not sure why a long, drawn out process would be done instead of a brief, furtive affair), but not everyone is interested in game and having sex with their friends (whether in a relationship or not). I've done plenty of things like this, except for the plane tickets, with people I socialized with yet was uninterested in sexually and romantically. It was not game, just going for walks or liming occasionally.

Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,544,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Your guy or gal walking on the beach at sunset (or sunrise) with a friend of opposite sex (or same sex if you're gay).

"" - cuddled up on a couch with a friend watching a movie, just those two.

"" - candlelight dinner for two at a great restaurant... without it being a special occasion.

"" - two planes tickets... hmm anywhere, without it being a special occasion.

etc.

What scenario would you find inappropriate? Maybe one I haven't mentioned... aside from the obvious.
I have no problem with meeting up for drinks or lunch/dinner. No issues with meeting up to chat and catch up. But there will be no candlelight, no cuddling, nothing "intimate".

Old 09-01-2011, 06:44 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBlue View Post
What about having dinner in a group and the gentleman to your right frequently touches your arm while speaking? Is that flirting?
Depends on the guy and who the woman is. I've done that before to women I have no romantic interest in...but I wouldn't say I ever did it frequently. I think the only time I would ever do something like that "frequently" in the middle of a conversation is if it was a woman I was interested in romantically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships