U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-30-2011, 05:20 PM

8,612 posts, read 5,926,485 times

Advertisements

I have never particularly liked attention seeking people, which is what they are.

Call it exhibitionism or whatever, it's still 'ohhhhh look at MEEEEE'.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:24 PM

5,259 posts, read 5,094,271 times
One of the reasons I never got a Facebook account is because, based on what I've seen from friends' pages, pictures like this would probably clog my newsfeed. It would get annoying.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:50 PM

328 posts, read 290,194 times
I think people who post threads and show such concern over what other people do online with their own pictures need to get a life.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM

12,980 posts, read 18,720,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
Post pictures of them getting intimate with their s/o on social networking sites such as facebook? Ex. This guy I used to date put a profile pic of him and his gf in bed topless(sheets where barely covering them) kissing....I feel like people who do this are either looking for attention or are trying to make people jealous...do you agree?
Sounds like they were successful in doing this.

FB polices their pics very well. If anything inappropriate is put up, they take it down right away. Doesnt sound like the pic was inappropriate. There was no nudity. No sex act. Its just YOU being jealous.

If someone posts a "revealing" pic of themselves, again, its no big deal. If it is in violation of FB rules, they will take it down. If the picture does NOT violate their rules, it stays. Besides, people who post do so for their friends, and all of their friends know them and how they are anyway so no big deal. Plus, if you look good, why not show it to the world?

Old 08-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

FB polices their pics very well. If anything inappropriate is put up, they take it down right away. Doesnt sound like the pic was inappropriate. There was no nudity. No sex act. Its just YOU being jealous.

If someone posts a "revealing" pic of themselves, again, its no big deal. If it is in violation of FB rules, they will take it down. If the picture does NOT violate their rules, it stays. Besides, people who post do so for their friends, and all of their friends know them and how they are anyway so no big deal. Plus, if you look good, why not show it to the world?
Now here's a good reply. The only people who are angry about sexy photos of other's are angry that they have nothing equally as sexy to post of themselves.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:20 PM

6,225 posts, read 5,528,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetdreamerx0 View Post
Post pictures of them getting intimate with their s/o on social networking sites such as facebook? Ex. This guy I used to date put a profile pic of him and his gf in bed topless(sheets where barely covering them) kissing....I feel like people who do this are either looking for attention or are trying to make people jealous...do you agree?
I'd say they have no self respect. Attention seekers usually don't.

Old 08-30-2011, 08:30 PM

861 posts, read 246,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMJ View Post
I think people who post threads and show such concern over what other people do online with their own pictures need to get a life.
Why are you so defensive its just a simple question

Old 08-30-2011, 08:31 PM

861 posts, read 246,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

I'm definitely not jealous, just think that its a little bit much and that's not the first girl he's taken those kinda pics with. That's why I think it's for attention.....

Old 08-30-2011, 08:35 PM

9,885 posts, read 5,442,681 times
Man, if I had a dime for every (crack front & back) posted on a Facebook profile I'd be rich!

Not to mention the pics of folks proud of their tattoos, feet, tongues, lips, etc.

It seems to go with the territory. And that's just the Christians on the list!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Man, if I had a dime for every (crack front & back) posted on a Facebook profile I'd be rich!

Not to mention the pics of folks proud of their tattoos, feet, tongues, lips, etc.

It seems to go with the territory. And that's just the Christians on the list!
You make it sound like a bad thing that people post pictures of themselves online. What would you rather have, a photo-less social network with cartoon avatars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.