Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 09:27 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
*When I met my boyfriend and spend a week with him
*When I went to his hometown and spend Christmas and New Years with him
*A year after we moved to another state, we got engaged.

More Great Moments in the future.
Stupid spell check on my phone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,782,217 times
The one thing that all of my greatest moments in my life had in common, was that while engaged in that moment, I was in the present. That is, I wasn't thinking about the past, or worried about the future, I was totally immersed in the moment, focused on what I was doing or what was going on around me. Some of those moments include but are not limited to:

- My drives across country, exploring the towns, cities, and scenery at my own pace. Never having to care what time it was or where to be.

- Time spent with friends while enjoying one another's company, whether it was on some distant beach in front of a fire under a thousand stars and waves pounding the shore, or someone's living room while surrounded by conversation and laughter of the people who know you best.

- When my children demonstrate how much they love me in their own subtle ways.

- A first kiss...particularly one you've anticipated for a long time.

- When all of your senses are engaged at once in a peaceful moment...it can be as simple as sitting in my yard on a crisp autumn afternoon as the sun sets, looking out at the foliage with a hot beverage in hand, the smell of a fire crackling near my feet, with a good book nearby. Or a rainy night at a city cafe, looking out at the red tail lights of the traffic going by as they reflect off the asphalt, people scurrying in between the drops, good music in the background and signs of life all around.

When the people, places, and things I value most in life are recognized and savored in that moment, it doesn't get any better for me.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:44 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
What do you consider are the best moments of your life...

Finally becoming a "Mom" after so many years of heartache of trying on my own. Awesome!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 574 times
Default love

memory of my is i am living with may parents.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:44 AM

2,289 posts, read 5,774,399 times
Travelling with my husband in our motor home, really enjoyed that. I still have the motor home, my brother and I went out West in it last summer...spent 60 days, recreating some of my previous trips...brought back alot of good memories.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,253 times
Traveling to Europe for the first time, concerts with my boyfriend.

It's odd, but at my stepmothers funeral, my father held my hand for the first time in about 15 years. It was the hardest day of my life, but this has all brought me so close to my father. Building my relationship back with him has been an amazing journey.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 AM

371 posts, read 894,579 times
My later teens to my later twenties were my good 'ol days. That's why always get so misty-eyed about the 80's.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:15 AM

1,755 posts, read 2,997,475 times
I have a looot of happy moments in my life but it's never the "big days" that people talk about like graduation, birthdays, etc. That's so planned to me. What stands out are the days that are unplanned, uncoordinated, synchronicity.

My ex contacting me and finding out we've been on the same brain waves and with the same desires for years and years post breakup and 4 years no contact

Having a spiritual experience that sparks a series of revelations post crises that causes changes in the way I behave and look at life

Being able to go at my own pace and spending time with my close cousins laughing and talking all night long

Having those heart to hearts with my sweetie that result in both of us crying tears of joy that we could be so close and love each other so much

Emotional breakthroughs where I express a side of me that I was afraid to and then I find out that even though my fears came true, they weren't as bad as the fear.

Good times, good times.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:19 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
A trip to Tennessee with my boy!! He lost his other baby front tooth after we got off a gokart ride. I teased him cuss he wassss sssliering hissss "s's! Lol!

Amazing trip as he bought a farting toy. That farting lasted through a couple states and my little Buddy crashed for the rest of the trip home sleeping in his car seat

Old 04-08-2013, 07:27 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,194 times
In 1988 this knockout girl flashed her boob to me in the lunchroom at school when it was just her and me, then later she came to my house and sat on my lap. So there's that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships