Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 PM

12,940 posts, read 21,622,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman1 View Post
Hmmm, chow is easy, same with phil, sierra, sixy, jj, thursday, froggy but what do ya do with WFW&P? Something catchy.... I think this should be the mission for the night. This man needs a catchy name.
I always think of a railroad - like the Wyoming, Frisco, Westwood & Portland.

That, or "whiff-wanp".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007
I wrote a paper on socio-political messages in seemingly strictly entertainment mediums, particularly geared toward children. It did not only address the political arena, but racism and stereotypes and through these mediums and methods children are being taught what and who to hate and how it shapes the way they view people later in life.
Doesn't seem like you have to worry about that now with the Disney channel - the idealized rainbow multiculturalism and universal acceptance is easily seen, in fact it's shoved down your throat, even more so than the language, the manner of dress and the attitudes. Back in the old toons there was lots of racial division, granted - some they won't even show anymore because of how politically incorrect they are - but at least they showed familial respect and the kids didn't curse and dress like Twisted Sister.

Cartoons simply mirror the mores of the times.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:33 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
I don't know though Phil, I mean Disney had one woman shacking up with 7 midgets. Sort of makes you wonder.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:44 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Or Alice in Wonderland... All sorts of what ever there. Makes you wonder what sort of mind altering substances used there.

Old 10-25-2011, 02:43 AM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Or Alice in Wonderland... All sorts of what ever there. Makes you wonder what sort of mind altering substances used there.

White Rabbit

Old 10-25-2011, 03:13 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,431,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
What!!!

Bro, you caught tooo many Sardines???

Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Yeah, i just put the Ranch on top of burger.
I leave it for my fries and skip the burger alltogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Maybe I'm getting old

I've been waking up with more aches and pains then what I went to bed with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
We got one of them new fangled Tempur pedics a few yrs ago.
Well if it's not the mattress, I'm guessing it must be Sea, beating the bejezzus out of you while you sleep.

Take it easy on him , Sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I remember Inspector gadget and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turles.

I loveeed those cartoons! No wonder I enjoy your sense of humor.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
I don't know though Phil, I mean Disney had one woman shacking up with 7 midgets. Sort of makes you wonder.
That only made me jealous. Of the woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020
Oh, I don't wonder - I know EXACTLY what was used there.

All in the name of scientific and literary research, of course.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:20 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,666,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post

Oh..but of course!

Old 10-25-2011, 05:30 AM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SifuPhil View Post
That only made me jealous. Of the woman.

I knew you'd admit to that.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:51 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Is he aware that it's not real? Yes I sit and watch these crazy shows with my son. And I agree some are a bit over the top. But think about it would you rather them watching slasher movies? My son needs to ok every show he watches. I let him know this too. Many times I walk by and tell him I don't like this show. He is really into the Super hero show, Ben Ten, Clone wars, Yui-gi-o, and he loves the Goonies and Charlie and the Chocolate factory new and old.

My son constantly see's on sat morning shows internet games. I told him if you need to download it or pay it's a "no,no".
Yeah he knows it's just pretend...BUT, even my husband said "have you tried that website to see what comes up?" lol

So I think just the suggestion and the fact that now he can spell words would peak his curiosity.

I don't really have any issue with slasher shows....my kids are little chickens! They watched the movie about the surfer girl that lost her arm in a shark attack and 2 of the 4 thought they were going to throw up!

Old 10-25-2011, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Oh..but of course!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020
I knew you'd admit to that.
Here ya go, guys ...

Alice in Wonderland Demonstrates Various Drug Use |
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships