Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I'm a 25 y/o guy, living in Denver, and I'm sick and tired of being single. It feels like it's almost impossible to find available single girls in this town. The only dates I've had since I've been back here the last year and a half have been through online dating, and so far none of those have led to anything. Obviously there are dozens of factors at play, and I'm not saying it has nothing to do with me, but do you guys think geographic location is playing a large role in this?

Have you guys seen this website before?

The New, Interactive Singles Map. Or, Looking for Love in All the Statistically Wrong Places.

Not sure exactly how accurate the data is, but it does give some interesting food for thought. I find it most helpful to adjust the slider bar so it shows singles ages 20-24. Apparently there's almost nowhere in the country where there are more single women than men in this age bracket. Conceptually, I'm not really sure how that is. However, there are still some huge variances.

Denver has 91 exta single guys per 1000 single girls.
NYC the ratio is 29:1000. Washington DC is 22:1000. Those are the two metro areas I'm looking at in particular (leaning towards DC area).

Would you say my odds would be way better if I moved to the east coast? Or not necessarily? BTW, I'm Jewish, and I'm not limiting my search to Jewish girls only, but it would be nice to have that in common. Obviously there would be way more selection when it comes to that on the east coast than here.

I love Denver, this is my hometown, and I specifically wanted to move back here after living away for ~6 years in 3 different places. I don't want to move again, but I'll do it if it will make me happier. I have a good job where I am now, don't want to leave. I'm pretty confident though that I could find some good career opportunities in either NY or DC.

Any thoughts?

I'm just going to get straight to the point. And I've lived all over! The best place to meet "willing" and good looking girls is...drum roll.....

Florida. And personally I can't stand the humidity of that freaking place, but I must confess, that state has some "very friendly females" if you know what I mean. I was down there for a summer back in 91 when I was just seventeen. Mod cut: Inappropriate language. Girls would come up to you. I'm not saying they don't come up to you in others states (obviously they do in all states), but my god, every five minutes a new girl would approach me. I was down there because one of my friends who grew up in NY with me, moved down there the year before. We were pretty close. He grew up a block from my house. He was slightly overweight (yet very mobile, got to give him his props, could do a roundhouse kick/ carried his weight well) and he had a (for him) pretty "cute" girlfriend. I was shocked, because when he lived in NY he had a hard time with girls because he was slightly overweight. Nowadays, he wouldn't have such a hard time, because so many people are "bigger". I can't honestly say that I have spent a ton of time in Alabama, Louisiana or places like that, but Florida was nice when it came to the females. That state seems to cater to young people. Movie theatre plazas all over the place, arcades, etc, etc and of course the beach. If you can't get laid in florida, it's time to pack it in.

I grew up on the East coast (New York) and I have family in New England. Unless you are very good looking, you probably won't pull in that much tail. I was fortunate genetic wise (thanks mom and dad), I did pretty good. Pretty much had my pick so it seemed easy for me. But I had some (not all) friends who shall I say, didn't do so well. They would struggle. I've lived out west for years. Besides Florida, it's probably easier if you're not good looking to pull tail out west. You'll see very good looking girls with some very weird, err eccentric looking guys. On the east coast, they'd be called dorks, out west, their eccentric..go figure.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-06-2012 at 09:27 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 12:16 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,806,195 times
Stay away from the DC area. That's all I have to say.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:02 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,854,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
I'm just going to get straight to the point. And I've lived all over! The best place to meet "willing" and good looking girls is...drum roll.....

Florida. And personally I can't stand the humidity of that freaking place, but I must confess, that state has some "very friendly females" if you know what I mean. I was down there for a summer back in 91 when I was just seventeen. Mod cut: Inappropriate language. I'm not saying they don't come up to you in others states (obviously they do in all states), but my god, every five minutes a new girl would approach me. I was down there because one of my friends who grew up in NY with me, moved down there the year before. We were pretty close. He grew up a block from my house. He was slightly overweight (yet very mobile, got to give him his props, could do a roundhouse kick/ carried his weight well) and he had a (for him) pretty "cute" girlfriend. I was shocked, because when he lived in NY he had a hard time with girls because he was slightly overweight. Nowadays, he wouldn't have such a hard time, because so many people are "bigger". I can't honestly say that I have spent a ton of time in Alabama, Louisiana or places like that, but Florida was nice when it came to the females. That state seems to cater to young people. Movie theatre plazas all over the place, arcades, etc, etc and of course the beach. If you can't get laid in florida, it's time to pack it in.

I grew up on the East coast (New York) and I have family in New England. Unless you are very good looking, you probably won't pull in that much tail. I was fortunate genetic wise (thanks mom and dad), I did pretty good. Pretty much had my pick so it seemed easy for me. But I had some (not all) friends who shall I say, didn't do so well. They would struggle. I've lived out west for years. Besides Florida, it's probably easier if you're not good looking to pull tail out west. You'll see very good looking girls with some very weird, err eccentric looking guys. On the east coast, they'd be called dorks, out west, their eccentric..go figure.
I've known a few guys who have been dumped by their wife so she could move to a warm place. I guess that if you want to continue to live there and need a man's support to enable that, then you would be eager and willing too.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-06-2012 at 09:28 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:

Florida. And personally I can't stand the humidity of that freaking place, but I must confess, that state has some "very friendly females" if you know what I mean. I was down there for a summer back in 91 when I was just seventeen. Mod cut: Inappropriate language. I'm not saying they don't come up to you in others states (obviously they do in all states), but my god, every five minutes a new girl would approach me. I was down there because one of my friends who grew up in NY with me, moved down there the year before. We were pretty close. He grew up a block from my house. He was slightly overweight (yet very mobile, got to give him his props, could do a roundhouse kick/ carried his weight well) and he had a (for him) pretty "cute" girlfriend. I was shocked, because when he lived in NY he had a hard time with girls because he was slightly overweight. Nowadays, he wouldn't have such a hard time, because so many people are "bigger". I can't honestly say that I have spent a ton of time in Alabama, Louisiana or places like that, but Florida was nice when it came to the females. That state seems to cater to young people. Movie theatre plazas all over the place, arcades, etc, etc and of course the beach. If you can't get laid in florida, it's time to pack it in.

what if your not looking to hook up with sleeze insecure women? where would i go?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-06-2012 at 09:29 AM..

Old 06-06-2012, 08:46 AM

788 posts, read 1,271,568 times
Quote:
however you should know that in D.C. if you're not a higher-up or getting a large salary that will work against you.
Same can be said for NYC. And if you're interested in moving back to Denver once you've found someone, good luck bringing her with you. East Coast city people tend to be tied to their cities, especially NYC (I speak as someone who's lived there and lives in another big East Coast city). Plus, as an outsider, you will have a large adjustment to make in NYC (probably DC too) and will most likely have to update your wardrobe, etc. to be a competitive male in NYC's dating scene. Everything about NYC is competitive, dating is no different.

You're still young. You're in a city you want to live. You have a good job. Those things are setting you up for a good life, so relax and see what happens. Join some meetup groups on meetup.com and see who you meet. Outdoor life is great is there, so maybe you can meet some awesome girls that way. I've known a number of awesome Colorado girls (all a heckuva lot more down-to-earth and nowhere near as high maintenance as east coast city girls), so I say give it more time. I've been single for nearly 5 years, but that's because I needed time to deal with things going on in my life and I'm not willing to settle for just anyone. There are worse things than being single, especially at 25. Just hang in there.

Old 06-06-2012, 01:59 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,150,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
what if your not looking to hook up with sleeze insecure women? where would i go?

There are sleazy women in every state. Just like there are sleazy guys. If you're looking for a saint, then go to church. I don't know what you consider sleazy. I get the feeling that girls who approach guys are "sleazy" in your book. I look at them like women who know what they want and go after it. I guess we just see things differently. Women are like men. They have needs/ hormones/ desires. You should probably re-evaluate the way you view women/ girls.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:25 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,182,116 times
The odds would be better if you would just start approaching a lot of women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
I'm a 25 y/o guy, living in Denver, and I'm sick and tired of being single. It feels like it's almost impossible to find available single girls in this town. The only dates I've had since I've been back here the last year and a half have been through online dating, and so far none of those have led to anything. Obviously there are dozens of factors at play, and I'm not saying it has nothing to do with me, but do you guys think geographic location is playing a large role in this?

Have you guys seen this website before?

The New, Interactive Singles Map. Or, Looking for Love in All the Statistically Wrong Places.

Not sure exactly how accurate the data is, but it does give some interesting food for thought. I find it most helpful to adjust the slider bar so it shows singles ages 20-24. Apparently there's almost nowhere in the country where there are more single women than men in this age bracket. Conceptually, I'm not really sure how that is. However, there are still some huge variances.

Denver has 91 exta single guys per 1000 single girls.
NYC the ratio is 29:1000. Washington DC is 22:1000. Those are the two metro areas I'm looking at in particular (leaning towards DC area).

Would you say my odds would be way better if I moved to the east coast? Or not necessarily? BTW, I'm Jewish, and I'm not limiting my search to Jewish girls only, but it would be nice to have that in common. Obviously there would be way more selection when it comes to that on the east coast than here.

I love Denver, this is my hometown, and I specifically wanted to move back here after living away for ~6 years in 3 different places. I don't want to move again, but I'll do it if it will make me happier. I have a good job where I am now, don't want to leave. I'm pretty confident though that I could find some good career opportunities in either NY or DC.

Any thoughts?

Old 06-07-2012, 06:30 AM

2,152 posts, read 3,397,528 times
Quote:
There are sleazy women in every state. Just like there are sleazy guys. If you're looking for a saint, then go to church. I don't know what you consider sleazy. I get the feeling that girls who approach guys are "sleazy" in your book. I look at them like women who know what they want and go after it. I guess we just see things differently. Women are like men. They have needs/ hormones/ desires. You should probably re-evaluate the way you view women/ girls.
i dont want a saint, im just saying from ur post you and ur friend were after easy girls.

Old 06-07-2012, 07:43 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotARedneck View Post
Men have a real problem now days. They can either live in a place where they can get a job and build a career or they can live in a place where there is a good supply of single women.

The women in the former have high standards, leaving out many decent guys of modest means.

If you visit the other places, you will be pilloried for being single!
hmm. i don't have these problems.

Old 06-07-2012, 11:59 AM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,438 times
Move to South Florida. You won't have a problem, nor will you feel out of place for being single.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships