U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-02-2011, 05:57 PM

2,899 posts, read 4,512,411 times

Advertisements

Internet Brides: From Ukraine With Love | Video - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 08:12 PM

13,760 posts, read 4,033,616 times
At least the guy in his 60s got wise when she asked him for money... He could've gotten cleaned out.

That guy in his 40s that bought the ring should feel lucky he just paid for the trip and the ring and didn't get his bank account swindled.

A fantasy based on manipulation along with lust taking over sense.

Last edited by MoNative34; 09-02-2011 at 08:52 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 09-02-2011, 08:43 PM

15,238 posts, read 17,973,837 times
SMH after watching that. The guy who bought the ring is the biggest fool. 4 hours and then a proposal? These idiots deserve anything they have coming to them.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:00 PM

9,718 posts, read 12,493,929 times
When it comes down to the basics, men want the youngest best sex they can find and women want the biggest plush nest they can find. And this is an extreme example of it.

I've done a lot of research in recent times on that part of the world as I wish to do an expedition across it, all the way to Magadan and over the Road of Bones. Definitely sounds like a surplus of women available and I know a lot of guys that have done well.

However the fools in the video, buying a wedding ring after one date, well that is just desperation and you are just a mark for getting scammed. I'm sure there are some success stories, but I don't think you find love in such circumstances. I think it has to happen more naturally out in the real world.

Old 09-03-2011, 10:59 AM

43,146 posts, read 20,104,394 times
Strange and you definitely wouldn't see me going to such extremes to find a decent woman.

In one portion of the video, where this guy Bob said that the Ukranian gal he thought he was going to marry, mentioned that she asked him for money, this reminds me of a similar experience I had in Octoberr of 2003. This was shortly after I signed up with Yahoo singles and I communicated through email and telephone, mostly email, with a gal from Russia. Keep in mind that back then I was still somewhat naive when it came to online dating, this gal gave me the impression that she was interested in moving to the United States to settle down with an American man, and about a month after the initial communication, she wanted to visit me just to check things out. Well, it all sounded good and everything, and I was getting ready to spend about $2,000 to book her travel arrangements with British Airways, I forgot how it lead up to this, but one of my associates at the office warned me about such scams, and if I remember correctly, she called me that same night and she asked me for some money (over $2,000) to purchase the airline tickets and pay for other travel expenses, and that raised some red flags. I told her that I cannot send her any money, but I'll be glad to purchase the airline tickets online, and she agreed to call me back and let me know when she'll be able to travel, and that call never came.

Old 09-03-2011, 02:29 PM

9,718 posts, read 12,493,929 times
I've dated a lot of international women that were here in the USA on work visas, known quite a few international couples that got married and have met plenty of women overseas.

One stereotype is that many women from outside the USA are desperate to move here.

In my experience, most women are reluctant to want to leave their families and friends and whole support structure for an unfamiliar land, new language and unfamiliar. Doesn't mean they will not do that, but it's not something most would do at all cost. I found even with women that had been in the USA for a bit and knew english well, were still reluctant to cut ties with back home and get married and stay here.

So what I reckon is that any woman that is ready to marry you and move to the USA after a few dates, well there is something wrong with that picture.

What I never understand is why these guys are so desperate to get married. Just go out, have a great time, do what you need to do in terms of your needs. But to bring them back home to your house to where you become responsible for them and you can hardly communicate with them, I question the sanity of that.

Old 09-03-2011, 06:53 PM

193 posts, read 213,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
What I never understand is why these guys are so desperate to get married. Just go out, have a great time, do what you need to do in terms of your needs. But to bring them back home to your house to where you become responsible for them and you can hardly communicate with them, I question the sanity of that.
I agree. If I was a guy that really enjoys the company of young beautiful women and I couldn't get that in the States, I would agree with spending $4K on a vacation to go to those events. You only live once, right? The guys looked like they were having lots of fun. But, I would not use those situations to find a spouse. You need to be around somebody for months and months to see their true character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships