Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 09:07 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,760,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Experience of what?
Racism. There are women who will date based on Race.

Most just stick to their own kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
100% African-American? How come people think that all Black guys are players?

Dunno that everyone thinks that. I'm probably the last person anyone would peg as a player. And I'm both African American AND Latino - which is even worse in terms of that stereotype.

Old 09-06-2011, 10:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,586,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I once picked up a novel about Blacks' relationships without noticing. All the dudes were licking their lips a whole lot! Frankly, to me this is mighty weird!
Yeah, we do that.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:37 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,843,643 times
Default Ladies:When should the guy "make a move"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
So it's been a while since I was in a situation where I "made a move". I only make a move with a gal that I really like.
Three things:

1) You must have a god job and assets over 1 million. (more if he's over 35)

2) You must have completed his plastic surgery so that he is not going to be an embarrassment.

3) You must have graduated from his psychiatrists class on how to be confident with women. Women like men who have the confidence to treat them with no respect and disdain. That way they know that the aren't getting that pathetic type - a nice guy - and instead are getting someone who meets their need for hypergamy.

Don't make a move a minute earlier than you're ready!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas User View Post
Racism. There are women who will date based on Race.

Most just stick to their own kind.
Nope not me. Too open minded. My son's father is Korean. And had a crush on a black guy at work that was a Physical Therapist.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:35 AM

12,671 posts, read 23,760,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Nope not me. Too open minded. My son's father is Korean. And had a crush on a black guy at work that was a Physical Therapist.
Others are not. The ones that don't like change don't like to study other religion and cultures.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:27 AM

2,013 posts, read 3,542,738 times
Quote:
Ronnie back again!

I was wondering about this because I am a very active dater, and most of the time I like the gal but not enough to want to pursue anything long term.

So it's been a while since I was in a situation where I "made a move". I only make a move with a gal that I really like.

I thought back on a few gals that I've dated when I was younger and new to the game, I missed signals all day long.

What do I mean by "make a move", when should a guy go for the first kiss?

What signals do you give? OR do you give any?
So how did the date go?

Old 09-08-2011, 11:54 AM

2,336 posts, read 7,016,539 times
Quote:
Ronnie back again!

I was wondering about this because I am a very active dater, and most of the time I like the gal but not enough to want to pursue anything long term.

I thought back on a few gals that I've dated when I was younger and new to the game, I missed signals all day long.

What do I mean by "make a move", when should a guy go for the first kiss?

What signals do you give? OR do you give any?
I think a kiss on the first date is moving too slow.

As for when you should make your move, the answer is first chance you get! If you don't do it, someone else will. Then he will be SCORING with the object of your affection while you're sitting at home patting yourself on the back for being a gentleman and waiting because you really like this girl.

Remember the old saying, "He who hesitates..."

Old 09-25-2011, 12:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
[quote=Pimpy;20795630]I think a kiss on the first date is moving too slow.

As for when you should make your move, the answer is first chance you get! If you don't do it, someone else will. Then he will be SCORING with the object of your affection while you're sitting at home patting yourself on the back for being a gentleman and waiting because you really like this girl.

Remember the old saying, "He who hesitates..."[/quote]
Is smart because he doesn't impregnate?

Old 09-25-2011, 01:08 PM

22,237 posts, read 29,269,623 times
I don't know..I'm usually the aggressive one and that way there's no confusion or hesitation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships