Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2011, 02:07 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
Lol I'm with you.

1-4's are deformed / photoshopped and would not be rated.

5's / 6's would be the 1-4's.

7's would be the average 5's.

8's would be the 6's and 7's.

Most of those 9's would be 7's or 8's.

According to this chart my GF is a 10, which is flattering, but false.

I agree, that chart was beyond scary. 1 through 5 looked like they could all be ones. And the seven, eight and nines looked like straight fives. I didn't see any girl who stood out. But I am very picky too. I think the first girl on the seven line actually looked about a six and a half, close to a seven. Beyond that-scarrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyy. We couldn't find a better chart. And those ones. They looked like freaking aliens. Deformed in every way. Maybe Fetal alcohol syndrome children. I don't know but whoa nelly. If that was really indicative of true ratings of women, I think, make that I know I would be single.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
If 10 is straight-up gorgeous, then 1 is fall-down ugly. That's the nature of ratings. What you guys seem to be saying is that an A is an A, but an F is so-so.

If that's really what you guys believe, no wonder some of you think there are a lot of women with below average looks out there. Your idea of "average" is borked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_deviation

Note how small the extreme ends are. 1s and 10s are people whose looks approach the mythic, whether god/dess or Kraken.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:24 PM

1,133 posts, read 2,282,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
If 10 is straight-up gorgeous, then 1 is fall-down ugly. That's the nature of ratings. What you guys seem to be saying is that an A is an A, but an F is so-so.

If that's really what you guys believe, no wonder some of you think there are a lot of women with below average looks out there. Your idea of "average" is borked.

Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Note how small the extreme ends are. 1s and 10s are people whose looks approach the mythic, whether god/dess or Kraken.
What about when the teacher can't even grade your paper because your answers are illegible or incoherent?

The 1's and 2's don't even look human. It's like putting up pictures of cacti and old rocking chairs and worn-out bean bags to bolster the rating of real 1's and 2's.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM

20,706 posts, read 19,349,208 times
Quote:
Uh, no. Not around here, they're not.
A frump feast in every photo, unpleasantly plump, and confirmed by experience. Its a classic portrait.

News Releases

So many creatures have a soft domesticated look that seem to jiggle a bit. Its not a surprise since the sidewalks are empty on all but the nicest days. Then one may find 1 person in 4 blocks.

Do you not see the pigs?

Daily Herald | Pig races a county fair staple, but quick quackers ... who knew?

Anything that does not bust a spring on anything it sits on is a child.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pN056tzr-T.../s1600/040.JPG

It is truly disgusting.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:30 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,986,415 times
The chart's pretty obtuse without full body shots anyway.

Plus, I'm having a difficult time noticing the feature(s) that distinquish the 7s from the 9s & 10s, and the 1s to 3s all rank the same to me. Perhaps the creator had body shots at their disposal.

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 09-08-2011 at 02:44 PM..

Old 09-08-2011, 02:31 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc130 View Post

For the OP, I agree, many women place themselves much higher on the scale than they are. This is especially true of "curvy" women...most of which are just fat. Rolls of skin is not "curvy".
And you think men don't? If only I had a dime for every guy who thought he was "hot" or "good looking."

Old 09-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Quote:

Standard deviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You mean like when I went out of the country and the appearance of the average woman soared?

Its real simple. In the US you are fat. Then you cover it with frump. My brother in law who had just visited , and without any provocation at all, he asked me where are all the pretty girls because he hardly saw any. I was laughing may *ss off.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKSnook View Post
What about when the teacher can't even grade your paper because your answers are illegible or incoherent?

The 1's and 2's don't even look human. It's like putting up pictures of cacti and old rocking chairs and worn-out bean bags to bolster the rating of real 1's and 2's.
Everybody counts.

Do you ever watch women's gymnastics? It's really difficult to score a 10. The judges don't want to give one gymnast a 10, only to have someone even better come along. At best, a gymnast can try for a 9-point-something.

Did you see the bell curve I posted? If you throw ALL WOMEN in there, 68% of women are between a high three and a low six. The extreme ends of the spectrum are 0.2% of the group. Two out of a thousand! So for all the 10s you think you know and see walking around ... no. Not 10s. Maybe high 8s if they are really exceptional.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
A frump feast in every photo, unpleasantly plump, and confirmed by experience. Its a classic portrait.

News Releases

So many creatures have a soft domesticated look that seem to jiggle a bit. Its not a surprise since the sidewalks are empty on all but the nicest days. Then one may find 1 person in 4 blocks.

Do you not see the pigs?

Daily Herald | Pig races a county fair staple, but quick quackers ... who knew?

Anything that does not bust a spring on anything it sits on is a child.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-pN056tzr-T.../s1600/040.JPG

It is truly disgusting.
Your disdain is noted, but I don't understand how you can look at some random photos and conclude that "those 4s would be considered real beauties." I mean, ridiculing people at county fairs? I guess it's a nice change from the People of Walmart photos and how non-Americans think they represent us.

Old 09-08-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Your disdain is noted, but I don't understand how you can look at some random photos and conclude that "those 4s would be considered real beauties." I mean, ridiculing people at county fairs? I guess it's a nice change from the People of Walmart photos and how non-Americans think they represent us.

They are not random photos. I have been there, and its representative. My slight exaggeration expressed my disdain for people who sit in front of screens and stuff themselves. Then they try the whole expectations are too high, and everyone is like that song and shranz of their irritated bowel which is a great sell for anyone who thinks they need a travel agent for crossing a county line.

Chicago proper is somewhat better, but still has a lot of something that looks like was hacked up by Spot.

Last edited by gwynedd1; 09-08-2011 at 03:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships